The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#184294 - 06/14/09 06:18 PM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: Mountain Ash]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Alice, that is so interesting that it was mere coincidence that you and your ex bumped into each other on the anniversary. Mountain Ash, well said about... I know I am not content. However, it is always difficult for me to discern the source of discontent.

#184295 - 06/14/09 06:45 PM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mountain Ash Offline

Princess
I love childrens books..lucky that my daughter was a primary teacher and now lecturers newby teachers..so we have many childrens books around.
One particular book had as a punch line..."Its the want in my tummy" I connected with that description..Where I FEEL reactions in my body tells me so much..for example even when clothes shopping or choosing a day out..could call it instinct or stomatic feeling but it serves me..
so can I ask what would feed the want in your tummy?
with Love

#184307 - 06/14/09 09:55 PM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: Mountain Ash]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I had one of those story book marriages from start to unexpected finish and he remains my soul mate today, which makes it more than difficult because I know he will never return to me and it still hurts ever day. We would have been married 43 years tis month and only were given 14 of those to share. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#184310 - 06/14/09 10:13 PM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.
Woody Allen

#184314 - 06/14/09 11:06 PM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: Edelweiss3]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
Re: misery, loneliness and suffering....that is why I am trying to make a difference in the world. I believe I had a lifetime of suffering (except for 3 years in the armmy) for a purpose. What a waste, if I had not done something with it.

Love, hugs, Alice

#184315 - 06/14/09 11:12 PM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: Alice]
Princess Lenora Offline

You women are such a wonderful group. Woody Allen is sooooo offbeat. But sometimes he portrays real life accurately, as in "Hannah and Her Sisters." Other times, I don't "get" him, especially as pertains to what we hear of his personal life, ie. marrying his adopted daughter. You know, I suddenly wonder if I know what a soul mate is. What is a soul mate? I have soul connections.. to both living and dead, with all, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I recall a scene in the Titanic where an elderly couple chose to lie in the bed together, and let the waters come over them, as long as they were together. MA, I just don't know. Chatty, have you ever come across anyone else that you feel is a "soul mate?" Not necessarily romantically speaking.

#184503 - 06/18/09 03:24 AM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Mountain Ash, happy belated anniversary. Sorry I'm late, but I've fallen behind in my reading posts again. It made me happy reading your words, to know that you have someone so important and loving in your life.

Poet and essayist

#184508 - 06/18/09 08:54 AM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

Thank you Meri..for your kind words...
wee story
There was a theatre group in Scotland called Wildcat..We followed them due to the political content and evolving actors/musicians for years.
They had a play "Golden Wedding" due to be played on 27th May..It was our silver (25 years) anniversary that year and we chose to have a meal and go see the show.My collegues in laws had their own Golden anniversary that day and behind the scenes my friend got tickets beside me..
I had a cunning plan...
I sent a message to the producer who at the end of the show had the actors hold a moment to ask Mr.Mrs Christie to stand up and wonderfully congratualted the couple. the applause was so heartfelt...tears of happiness all round.
The evening was wonderful.
Next day at school I had such a buzz when told how surprised and happy everyone had felt.
Anniversaries bring such happy thoughts for me

#184518 - 06/18/09 01:05 PM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
What a nice thing to do. Pleasant surprises are the best.

We are coming up on our 30th wedding anniversary and I can't wait to celebrate. I encourage all the younger generations to do something special on their anniversaries because it's the memories that sustain you during difficult times. You have to take time to celebrate the good stuff.

#184568 - 06/18/09 08:07 PM Re: 40 Years Today (June 7th) [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Yes, we do have to take time to celebrate. It's like when someone wins the national trophy in a sport, and the announcers say, "What's next, the Olympics" Wait a minute, let's just celebrate what is happening right now!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved