The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#183658 - 06/04/09 12:16 AM Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE
underwearmaven Offline

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
After posting my first picture in the photo gallery on this site, (my son’s high school graduation from Military Academy will be coming in the next couple of weeks) I wanted to share Picasso with you if you aren’t’ aware of it.

1. I recommend Google's free photo site called Picasso. Here's the link http://picasa.google.com/
2. What I found extremely beneficial was the ability to create an album and save it on Google’s server and it’s all free.
3. I had slides from my parents wedding and scanned them into my computer. They were huge and had so many pixels.
4. I didn’t want to reduce each one so I created the album with the 50 or so (now digital) photos and saved it on Google’s free server.
5. Next, I sent the link to my folks and their friends. They loved it and thought I was a technology genius. (But then again, they argued with me that if they didn’t pay AOL they couldn’t use their AOL email service and they didn’t want to transfer their contact.)
6. Then I started thinking about folks that had lost their homes in fires or floods and many times, photos were what they missed most.
7. Well, if it’s on Google’s server, it’s not lost and you can access it anywhere in the world (maybe not China) if you have a computer and internet access.

There’s a business idea here but I don’t have time to pursue it. Maybe I’ll give a free presentation at a Senior Living complex and have my company in my bi-line. I already have the $150 dollar scanner… but before that the $30 dollar all in one printer, copier, and scanner did the trick too as long as it’s not slides. Yes, I could project my computer on a big screen and start albums for the audience. Somebody should take this and run with it.

Also, I have Adobe Photo Shop and I am constantly exceeding my level of competence. I much prefer Google’s free Picasso because it is so easy to remove red eyes, brighten up the picture, etc. For me, it’s great when the computer knows who has red eyes in the photo and fixes it.

Edited by underwearmaven (06/04/09 12:17 AM)

#183677 - 06/04/09 11:42 AM Re: Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE [Re: underwearmaven]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Google never ceases to amaze me. They do it all, don't they?

#183678 - 06/04/09 11:43 AM Re: Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE [Re: underwearmaven]
underwearmaven Offline

Folks were cool with me sharing this link with you.

http://picasaweb.google.com/georgehpounds/WeddingSlides?authkey=BdOSnLEEFqU&feat=directlink#

These were old slides and now they can be shared with anyone anywhere. There not on my computer taking up space and the worry of computer crash etc. There's somewhere in Google Land.

#183679 - 06/04/09 11:46 AM Re: Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE [Re: underwearmaven]
underwearmaven Offline

Actually I think I just gave you access to my entire libray in Google Land. I know there's a way to lock you out but I'm too busy to learn that trick right now.

#183690 - 06/04/09 12:22 PM Re: Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE [Re: underwearmaven]
underwearmaven Offline

Whew! I checked from another computer and I only gave you access to my folks wedding.

We also use this to market real estate, share family photos, etc. and I really didn't intend to share everything even though I don't think it would interest you.

I'm signing out and going to generate some income.

#183739 - 06/05/09 10:12 AM Re: Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE [Re: underwearmaven]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Who are George and Barbara? Browsed the wedding photos. Old photos are the best?

#183742 - 06/05/09 11:23 AM Re: Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE [Re: Dotsie]
underwearmaven Offline

Hi Dotsie, Yes, My folks. Isn't it a a hoot to see the fashions. I thought it was cool that old slides could be down loaded as digital server and saved on a server.

#183975 - 06/10/09 02:28 AM Re: Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE [Re: underwearmaven]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
What about the other capabilities of Photoshop? I'm working on an idea for the cover of my next book and I want to manipulate some photos. Some will be old. Some not. I'm looking for software that I can blur the edges and make photos sepia and/or black and white if I want.

#183995 - 06/10/09 05:42 PM Re: Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

underwear, very cool. One day there will be no more hand-held photo albums either.

#184008 - 06/10/09 07:07 PM Re: Picasso - Save pictures on Google's server FREE [Re: Dotsie]
underwearmaven Offline

Hi Lousia, I think you may need to stay with Photoshop for those items. Picasso is free so you might want to download and play with it. They make cool collages. sincerely, Lea

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved