The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 196 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#183113 - 05/27/09 02:47 AM "Shifts"
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
...or house dresses.

Mom used to wear them. And now I do! DH calls me "Aunt Tillie" LOL!

Funny thing....one time a friend went into Walmart and asked the clerk where the "shifts" are. Needless to say, she got a very odd look and the clerk said "A what?"

Mine are sleeveless and snap or zip down the front.

Do you wear "shifts"? They are they first thing I put on when we get home after taking off the uncomfy clothes!

#183153 - 05/27/09 06:50 PM Re: "Shifts" [Re: Di]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Even as a child and now, I seldom wore any "dress" at home. My mother did occasionally wear an A-line sleeveless dress at home during summers. Then later she just found it easier to do stuff in home-sewn capri like length pants with elastic waist and a top. My definition of comfy clothing at home (excluding pjamas), is shorts and T-shirt.

Generally this is what I wear when I greet visiting guests at home. I even wear it in the middle of winter..in homes that were heated enough which has been the last 1/4 century. 'Course our winters here are comparatively balmy.

I don't have to change when I do my floor stretching exercises in the evening while watching tv.

#183193 - 05/28/09 01:26 AM Re: "Shifts" [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I love my one piece put on over the head smocks. Not too long, to the knee maybe and they have large pockets which I can't do without. They come in about a dozen colors and I have them all. Made of a tee shirt type material so into the washer/dryer and thats it. I also wear one over my bathing suit when biking if we are going to the pool afterwards.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#183231 - 05/28/09 02:26 PM Re: "Shifts" [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Mom never wore them and neither do I. However, one of my favorite aunts wore them and they always remind me of her. To be honest, I didn't know they still sold them.

I'm not sure they'd be warm enough for me. Lots of times, I have a hooded sweatshirt on around the house just to keep warm.

I wear jeans and tees too. Right now I have on capri sweats and a tee because I plan on getting this bod out for a much needed walk at lunch.

#183242 - 05/28/09 05:31 PM Re: "Shifts" [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I have a few but, have not worn them for some time. It only gets aired out for Church on very hot Sundays in the summer. Otherwise, I'm either in trousers, long shorts or ankle-length skirts. Reason? I forget how to mind the way I sit when in a dress. LOL!

#183248 - 05/28/09 07:42 PM Re: "Shifts" [Re: Lola]
Rachel2 Offline

hehe Lola cute, I'm not comfy in a dress eather , but i love the one lil house dress because it was given by a good friend. However I like sweats and tees as well

#183258 - 05/28/09 08:34 PM Re: "Shifts" [Re: Rachel2]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
When I saw the title, I thought you meant shift work. I was going to say, "Yes. I worked 2nd shift for years." Don't wear
dresses very often. I'm usually in jeans, or capris, or shorts!

#183284 - 05/29/09 06:57 AM Re: "Shifts" [Re: jabber]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Yep, Rachel. I am also guilty of "unintentional moonie" with a shift dress...on a few occasions, when I had forgotten to mind to bend the knees when reaching down for something. LOL!

#183305 - 05/29/09 02:36 PM Re: "Shifts" [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
You gals are funny. "Moonie?" I know someone who does that on
purpose.

#183309 - 05/29/09 02:52 PM Re: "Shifts" [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Moonie!! LOL! I wonder if that is why the "Moo-Moos" are named as such!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved