The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#185965 - 07/05/09 05:20 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: jabber]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Another thing to consider is the fact that people with money have the resources to cover up whatever/whenever need be. When I was a CASA (court appointed special advocate) the cases of child abuse were more likely female single parents. But I don't know what the reports are of studies of what gender is most likely to abuse a child. And then what about same sex couples raising children... are males more likely to abuse a child, or is a 2 female parents with child more likely? Jabber, I'm sorry to hear about the perpetuation of abuse from generation to generation, and that you personally are a victim (survivor?) of child abuse.

#185980 - 07/05/09 07:12 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

In UK at present a female nursery worker is under arrest for her part in circulating pictures..she is shown in some whilst abusing babies at her workplace

An infamous duo The Moors Murders were male/female and it unfolded that the children trusted them due to the females presence.

#185990 - 07/05/09 11:03 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: Mountain Ash]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I never heard of the Moors Murders; guess I'll look that up.

#186021 - 07/06/09 03:43 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: jabber]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
I remember reading (about 20-30 years ago?) a book about the "Moors Murders" I can still remember that; really sick.

Alice

#186022 - 07/06/09 03:49 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: jabber]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
Abuse crosses all socio-economic lines...and any lines you can come up with. Abuse is a CHOICE. As far as spanking goes, I am adamantly opposed to it. It doesn't teach the child anything; and I wonder how many parents can wait to spank after NOT being angry with the child. Not likely.

A time out is appropriate. I know the results of being physically abused; it creates anger, resentment and fear.

#186053 - 07/06/09 09:07 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: Alice]
Mountain Ash Offline

Alice you said about spanking
It doesn't teach the child anything;

it may teach the child how to spank..and perpetuate the habit.

I worked one school for a short time on secondment..there was a little girl from a home where we knew frequent smacking was the norm..she grew fond of me and her way of expressing herself was to say.."Mrs T.I'm not going to smack you"
These "At risk" pupils soaked up kindness and we all found ourself working toward enriching their lives..pitiful that the homelife was less than kind.since then directives from E.U. in the UK meanS its a crime to smack heaviliy...resonable chastisment is a small tap on the leg.

#186057 - 07/06/09 09:22 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
MA, we have nanny cameras so folks can see what their nannies are up to while watching the kids. Of course, the nanny doesn't know ahead of time. Sad that people have to go to such great lengths, but I might do the same.

#186086 - 07/07/09 04:19 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: Dotsie]
Mountain Ash Offline

This lady was an employee in a private daycare nursery where 0-5 years attend..she woud have collegues.she is also a wife/mother.

#186088 - 07/07/09 05:45 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: Mountain Ash]
Madelaine Offline

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Stepfathers are more likely to abuse children than fathers, but fathers do it too.
Perps don't bribe people to get out of jailtime, if they have money, they can pay for good lawyers. A good lawyer can make a big difference in a trial! so if the Perp is a rich man, he's got a much better chance of getting off easy than someone without money. IT's the same story with divorce; a rich man can really give his wife the treatment if she doesn't get a good lawyer and he does.

#186205 - 07/09/09 02:16 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
That's why I think cameras are valuable deterrents. I wish I had
caught on to what was happening to my friend. I wish I had
installed a hidden camera somewhere and a tape recorder, too.
But you know what they say about, should've, would've and could've: They're useless!

Edited by jabber (07/09/09 02:38 PM)

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved