The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#184136 - 06/12/09 05:40 AM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Those of you with delicate constitutions, please don't read this post.

I used to say that -- if every time a man raped a woman, he had his balls cut off -- the incidence of rape would go way down.

I'm a strong advocate of fighting back, and fighting hard.

Poet and essayist

#184158 - 06/12/09 06:00 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: ]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I wish that were the remedy, Meredith, but I'm afraid Anne is right.

#184160 - 06/12/09 06:55 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: Edelweiss3]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
It's too bad the sweet talking, con artists are believed before
the truth-telling public is. I know evildoers who lie easier
than most of us breathe. And the sad thing is, law enforment
believe their lies. What a crock of crackers that is!

Divine, I like your solution! LOl...

Don't you just love the name "Bobbitt" in association with
the act itself!!!

#184170 - 06/12/09 08:50 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Least we forget ladies, most law enforcement officers are MEN so why would we expect anything better from some of them.

I saw Lorena Bobbit and assh/le Bobbit, her ex, on a late show not too long ago and they shook hands and both apologized to one another, but you could see by her body language she hates this guy still today. GOOOOOOOO Lorena!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#184174 - 06/12/09 10:05 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

I don't know; this is definitely making me uncomfortable. I know this thread started out about domestic violence but now it seems to be about rape and revenge. I understand these feelings but it's not like women don't dish out a great deal of abuse themselves. Child abuse is the one crime where women match men blow for blow. What's our punishment for the women who beat, maim, and kill their own children? What body part shall we cut off? If abuse is always a choice we have no excuses for the things some of us do, either.

#184209 - 06/13/09 07:54 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: Ellemm]
jabber Offline

Just recently, I think I read somewhere, where child sexual
abuse perps are mostly men. There are a lot of sicko women out
there too, but generally they are victims, as well. IMO we
are only kidding around on this thread. Many of us have been
divorced or abused by some joker, and so we take out our toxic
attitudes with words, only. Don't take us too seriously Ellemm.
Chatty, Ed3 and some of the rest of us are only goofing off!

Edited by jabber (06/13/09 07:55 PM)

#184499 - 06/18/09 02:02 AM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Yes, I know that rape is about power, not sex -- but when women fight back in very un-pretty ways, the balance of power gets shifted. Men abuse their power because they can, and they get away with it. If men think there's high odds they'll get Bobbitized -- they'll learn that force is not in their best interests.

Unfortunately, children often have no way of fighting back. Abuse is unforgivable in all circumstances, and should be punished with a lot more than a slap on the wrist.

Poet and essayist

#185663 - 07/02/09 02:41 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Divine,
I agree that the punishment for abuse, abuse of any kind, should be metered out to the full extent of the law. Some abusers are getting too light of a sentence. Then they get out of jail and do the same thing to another innocent victim. They ought to be hung in town square, in fact; oops, just kiddin'!

Edited by jabber (07/02/09 02:42 PM)

#185749 - 07/03/09 10:15 AM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Goofing off my aunt fannie. I mean every word of what I said. And in what Universe is someone saying men and women as abusers are equal??????????????????????????? That is absurb, ridiculous and better check your facts, I have! That is so far off its scary. The facts are that for every 2 women who abuse a child, there are 160 men that are far worse. I personally believe that those two women should be punished as severly as any man, no excuses. Anyone, man or woman, who abuses a child or animal that can't fight back better hope their punishment isn't decided by ME!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#185764 - 07/03/09 01:38 PM Re: We Need to STOP Calling it "DOMESTIC" Violence [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
Love post 185749! And the same holds true for elder abuse. If put on a jury deciding punishment for any type of abuse to a living creature who can't fight back, God help the guilty party! And I didn't really mean my Aunt Fannie was goofing off, either! Just appeasing the critics! LOL... The way you feel is the way I feel.

Edited by jabber (07/03/09 01:39 PM)

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved