The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#199713 - 02/16/10 04:04 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Someone PLEASE inspire me!!!! I can't seem to get into the mood to do anything. I looked at the Zuma site and that looks pretty cool...and I'd like to buy a treadmill...it would benefit both Larry and I. But, where to put the darn thing? He has a full total gym in his tool shed and it's just gathering dust and spiders...UGh!
How does one become motivated, again?

#199716 - 02/16/10 04:35 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Oh Dee, I hear you!

I try to do at least stretching once a day. If I don’t, I feel immediately how my neck and shoulder muscles get tight. I have a couple of Tai Chi DVD’s. I enjoy doing the exercises because it’s a combination of stretching and meditating, and I love looking at the beautiful Hawaiian Beach backgrounds. After I do the stretching for about half an hour, then I put in my Zumba DVD and I work up a sweat for about 45 minutes. At first I was really disillusioned with the DVD. The steps were too complicated and fast. I mean I was like at least five steps behind, lol…Good thing I was doing this alone. But practice does make perfect, and I can really get into it now. The music is what motivates me.

A treadmill is just that; oh yawn, a treadmill. We have one, and it’s the biggest dust collector in the house.

Wish we could do the Zumba together and shake that thing with Riiiico! Gosh he’s cute.

#199738 - 02/16/10 11:10 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Zumpa, is the best way to get out the stiffness and soreness in ones body, plus it's such fun and I always feel like I just started and am done already. I do believe this kind of hot pagan rhythm could wake the dead and have them a shaken...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199744 - 02/16/10 11:32 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: chatty lady]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Exercise isn't fun unless you have a buddy to do it with you...I can't get motivated either Dee...every day I say...today I'm going over and join the Y...and then I always find a way to talk myself out of going.tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow...I'm so bad at motivating myself!!!!

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#199783 - 02/17/10 05:30 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: AvalonBlondi]
Ellemm Offline

My motivation would be Just Do It. Don't go buy fancy equipment unless you're pretty sure that's the kind of exercise you'd like to do. It will likely gather dust. Go to Collagevideo.com (I hope it's ok to put that in), look over their selection -- they have short video clips so you can get an idea -- get some dvds from anyplace and just make yourself get moving. Your motivation is that you'll feel a lot better afterwards.

My weakness is letting the day get away from me, so I work out early in the morning. I hate forcing myself into my workout gear but feel so much better as soon as I get started. I do Billy Blanks or Amy Bento 10 Minute workouts strung together.

Do not listen to the voices in your head that say no; just act like a robot and make yourself stand in front of the tv and do it. (At least that's what I have to do.) It takes a little while, but soon it will become a habit. Good luck!

#199786 - 02/17/10 07:01 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Ellemm]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I do yoga..because I can do it at home..at any time. I can do alot or very little..and it´s stretching, conditioning and strengthening (need it for my knees).

I read on my runner´s site that yoga has been found to keep cholesterol levels down, blood pressure down and sugar levels down. Runners usually scoff at things like yoga, you see.

smile

#199852 - 02/19/10 01:50 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, do you use any specific tape?

Avalon, too bad we don't live closer. We could go to the Y together. We have one a block from our home and I still don't go. However, I do walk with a friend who lives even closer to the Y than I do. We alk about 4-5 times a week, for about 45 minutes to an hour. I just love it. It's a great escape. Sometimes, after walking for an hour on Saturday mronigns, we end our walk at the bagel shop in town and treat ourselves to a bagel. It's the absolute best when we can sit outside to have our bagels. Ah, the simple pleasures in life.

Ellem, I do best exercising first thing too, but my walking partner is a teacher so we've had to walk when she gets home these days.

#199866 - 02/19/10 11:42 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Dotsie]
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dotsie , you are fortunate to have a walking buddy...I had one of those back when my kids were going through Middle school and high school..and besides getting out of the house and getting my heart pumping, we were able to successfully get each other through those trying teen years with our kids...

I love that you girls treat yourself on Saturday mornings...you certainly deserve it..:)

People may not remember exactly what you said or what you did...but they will always remember how you made them feel

#199878 - 02/20/10 12:23 AM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: AvalonBlondi]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh Dotsie, if you want your walking exercises to be beneficial as far as weight loss goes, eat the bagel first, then go walking... Otherwise whatever calories you may have walked off go right back on while you are enjoying that bagel!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#199937 - 02/22/10 02:06 AM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How funny. We never even thought of that.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved