The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#190507 - 09/24/09 09:38 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Wellness, I love falling out of bed and onto the sidewalk when it's light enough in the morning. I'm much more of a morning exerciser. In addition to the light issues, my walking partner is a teacher and has to be at school early.

We've been walking late afternoon, or early evening. We're not looking forward to the darkness at night. We'll have to take our gig inside at the Y and neither of us like that.

What are you doing?

#191740 - 10/14/09 11:47 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well, I retired my bike and have hit the sidewalk walking instead. I feel better already and the weather is gorgeous.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#194854 - 11/30/09 12:32 AM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

In the Remedy Magazine I just finished they show how to do the Frankenstein walk. It looks weird but feels amazing.

#196335 - 12/22/09 01:49 AM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nope more like stiffness in my steps, from all this cold, windy weather we are experiencing. I think I will have to thaw out before there is any spring in my step again.

#196744 - 12/30/09 12:18 AM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I do the most walking/hiking in the winter because that's when our weather is the best. 60s and sunny today. I have more energy when it's not so hot.

Poet and essayist

#196902 - 01/01/10 10:56 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: meredithbead]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
New Year's Resolution: Walk with my neighbor everyday (well 5 days a week?). We walked our first mile today...it's cold here...had on 3 layers and a scarf...brrrrrr.

Have any of you made a resolution about walking/getting healthy? I've promised myself that I'd lose 20 pounds by my next birthday (the big six oh). My neighbor and I have a thing where if we feel ourselves getting an urge for sweets that we'll call and talk the other out of it...I can hear Traci now "Dee...back away from the chocolate!" Oh...chocolate...how will I ever survive?

#196905 - 01/02/10 12:20 AM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Dee]
P.J. Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I walk my little mutt-babies about an hour every day and I also just started taking a spin class at my gym. Wow...what a workout! I still love to be outside, tho, and I really love to walk/hike.

I definitely have some resolutions about staying fit this year. I am normally a very fitness/food conscious person but I got a little too relaxed when I first moved to Austin back in July. The mexican food and bbq here are out of this world, not to mention the margaritas! By the first of September I discovered my jeans were tighter. Since I refuse to buy bigger cothes I am resolved to reel it in and either walk or spin it off!

#196955 - 01/02/10 05:29 AM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: P.J.]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
PJ...what is a spin class?

#196966 - 01/02/10 03:15 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: Dee]
P.J. Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Dee, here is a great description of spinning:

http://bicycling.about.com/od/trainingandfitness/gr/spinning.htm

It burns a TON of calories.....450 up to 900 calories per hour, depending on how fast you go, how much tension you use, and the techinique used. smile

#197018 - 01/03/10 03:38 PM Re: Got a SPRING in your walk? [Re: P.J.]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
It's a butt-kicker, Dee! It's the music that keeps you going.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved