The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 137 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#179995 - 04/11/09 10:24 PM American Sportswear Genius for Spring
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi guys!
Here is a fashions show from the most successful designer from Amreica, Ralph Lauren. America is famous in Europe for one thing: Sportswear, and the ruler is Ralph.

Harem pants in all lengths are all the rage this year and I'm skipping them. You may not want to, it's all in the eye!

Here's the link to Ralphs spring line and what we will be seeing from every American designer this season.

Just click on "see the slide show," and tell me what you think?!

Ralph covers every American trend with each of his collections!

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2009RTW-RLAUREN/

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#180009 - 04/12/09 04:49 AM Re: American Sportswear Genius for Spring [Re: dancer9]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I loved the hats and various headgear. The rest was pretty unmemorable.

Poet and essayist

#180029 - 04/12/09 03:10 PM Re: American Sportswear Genius for Spring [Re: meredithbead]
Ellemm Offline

Wow - an entire collection of beige and white, my least favorite colors. I guess I'm not getting the changes or styles. And they are welcome to keep the harem pants, which look ok on the models and pretty ridiculous on the rest of us. They are pretty, but have nothing to do with my life. Thanks for the link, though; it's fun to look.

#180040 - 04/12/09 07:34 PM Re: American Sportswear Genius for Spring [Re: Ellemm]
dancer9 Offline

Harem pants are huge this year. Almost every price point is showing them.
Tip:
there is no way to make them attractive. skip them.

dancer9

#180079 - 04/13/09 01:49 PM Re: American Sportswear Genius for Spring [Re: dancer9]
Ellemm Offline

Dancer, you made me laugh with that advice: run away, run away, from harem pants! I'll tell you another reason I don't like them. They don't strike me as a long-lasting new look, like shorter or longer skirts. If they look terrible -- really, they tried to bring gauchos back last year, ANOTHER TERRIBLE IDEA, and will likely look dated in a year or two, where's the attraction?

But you were much funnier!

#180104 - 04/13/09 07:13 PM Re: American Sportswear Genius for Spring [Re: Ellemm]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks so much for posting this. I drool over Central Park and I love Ralph Lauren. I must have seen a different clip. I saw lots of black and white, then color. All very classic and loved the touch of feminine with ruffle.

#180118 - 04/13/09 11:51 PM Re: American Sportswear Genius for Spring [Re: Dotsie]
dancer9 Offline

I thought you'd like it, Dotsie, I wanted you to see the looks you can borrow from this season! You are the perfect "Ralph girl." His black label is so wonderful but it's hugely expensive. You'd look great in it.
Ellemm, I like your taste. There is only one use for gauchos, or those skorts, and that is to burn them for heat. Terrible, terrible inventions! They cover nothing when you sit so they are useless as pants and they look terrible in the place of a dress. It's sorta like the jumpsuit but even worse!
They try year after year to bring back the jumpsuit but no one is stupid enough to do them again! LOL.
Some things are fashion accidents, no?
Among them are those duckies, and things like that. Ugh. It's scary, isn't it? I'm afraid to touch those kinds of clothes like they will rub off on me! I'm not joking, I'm that much of an artist!

I don't particularly like pants with pleats either. I think they make people look heavier than they are. Some clothes take a special body to wear too.

Meredith, honey, I need a whole new slide show for you! I'll find you one more your style!

D9

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved