The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 97 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#179623 - 04/08/09 02:15 PM Re: Somethin' fishy...? [Re: meredithbead]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
My 1st husband loved fishing. He'd catch trout; clean 'em; wrap 'em in bacon 'n foil, and cook them on an open fire.
Great taste.

#179643 - 04/08/09 04:52 PM Re: Somethin' fishy...? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, how do you prepare your fish?

We're not big fish eaters, except for grilled fish or ordering fish in a restaurant. Maybe it has something to do with eating fish sticks on Fridays as a good Catholic child. Ha, but I don't like fish that tastes like fish either. That's why we use butter, lemon, Old Bay, lemon pepper, cajun spices, etc.

#179654 - 04/08/09 05:34 PM Re: Somethin' fishy...? [Re: Dotsie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
We eat fish about twice a week, more if you count canned tuna as a fish. I love lettuce with canned tuna and a bit of lemon. Sometimes I will eat canned salmon, but I prefer the tuna.

For dinner, we usually eat salmon once a week, and what ever else looks good when I stop in the store. Often another type of fish (we love it all) or another seafood, when there is a special. I love a couple of huge scallops, just lightly fried in oil and garlic.

I eat almost anything, but I do prefer chicken and seafood/fish over red meat or pork.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#179710 - 04/09/09 01:27 AM Re: Somethin' fishy...? [Re: Anno]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
This recipe best captures the simplicity of steaming fish. Can be a fish fillet or fish steak, not whole fish is required.

http://www.saveur.com/article/Food/Chinese-Steamed-Fish-with-Scallions

For above recipe, I would reduce soy sauce and oil each by 20% or more. You don't need a bamboo steamer. Just a flat round glass pie dish or stainless dish with sides. Put in pan of water, water about 1 inch high or less in pot. And turn on water, when water boils, turn down to medium and let fish steam. Check occasionally and add water if steaming water around dish is gettin' low.

#179714 - 04/09/09 02:10 AM Re: Somethin' fishy...? [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie, in answer to your question, we usually prepare our fish one of two ways. Our favourite way is to cover the bottom of a casserole dish with onions (sometimes we also put thinly sliced parsnips under the onions), lay the fish on top of the onions, sprinkle with lemon pepper and/or paprika, then pile more onions on top, cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes (depending on how thick the filets are). It's so yummy. Then we make a white sauce to go on top. Serve with baked potatoes and asparagus. That's one of our very favourite meals.

Hubby sometimes also lightly coats the fish in egg and flour, sprinkles with lemon pepper and fries them in a little bit of oil.

(Maya Angelou)

#179759 - 04/09/09 02:24 PM Re: Somethin' fishy...? [Re: Eagle Heart]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I prefer a restaurant fish fry. Love shrimp and have that every
so often. About twice a year, I enjoy lobster tail. The rest of
the time its haddock, orange roughy, and tuna; recently we're
trying talapia, due to a friend's recommendation. I really
like some of those recipes, there ladies. Sounds good.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved