The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#179735 - 04/09/09 12:36 PM Filling up for Easter?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anyone have the kids coming home for Easter?

Our son will come home Easter morning, but he's not staying over, so it's no real biggie. No over night guests for us.

#179770 - 04/09/09 03:23 PM Re: Filling up for Easter? [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Not that I know of. But yesterday I got an invitation in the mail. My brother's hometown has honored him with a man of the
year award and invited WB and me to the Spring Fling doins'. Brother has given his all for that town. Knowing brother, I imagine he's thrilled. The guy loves crowds!

Edited by jabber (04/09/09 03:24 PM)

#179774 - 04/09/09 04:02 PM Re: Filling up for Easter? [Re: jabber]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Yeeeeeep!!! My daughter's family is here with me from yesterday and staying until the Bank holiday. My son and DIL live next door and both houses are busy with grandchildren ins and outs. My daughter and DIL are currently trading stories and looking after my grandchildren. My son and SIL are in charge of dinner tonight, so they're busy with that. Bet there'd be a lot of cleaning up to do by the women when they're through. Always the case with these men!

P.S.

Panic just set in a few minutes ago. My two year-old grandson found his Easter egg and had eaten it up. One of the adults will have to go without. That'll be me. LOL! My children and DIL/SIL are just as bad as the grandchildren. They'd want their chocolate Easter egg on Sunday.

#179792 - 04/09/09 09:51 PM Re: Filling up for Easter? [Re: Lola]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Oh, Lola, go out and buy yourself a new egg!

How nice that the kids are in London from Wales. What a treat - the whole family together.

We are ignoring the holiday this year. My nephew is off to Russia for a karate tournament, and mom and dad were her last Sunday. Dennis is in no shape to ride in a car (or is it that I am in no shape to get him in and out and in and out and in and out and....) to my folks home, so we will do it alone.

Maybe I will go out and buy a leg of lamb....

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#179817 - 04/09/09 11:04 PM Re: Filling up for Easter? [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I LOOOOVE a good leg of lamb with fresh made mint jelly on the side. Now thats a real treat Anno.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#179819 - 04/10/09 05:47 AM Re: Filling up for Easter? [Re: Dotsie]
emptynexter Offline

Two aren't coming home so I'm taking the third and heading to Cabo. Enjoy your holidays!

#179835 - 04/10/09 01:08 PM Re: Filling up for Easter? [Re: emptynexter]
jabber Offline

emptynexter,
Welcome. Cabo? Cool. Have fun.

Anno,
We're thinkin' 'bout you and Dennis. Prayers and blessings.

Lola,
Sounds like you're having fun! That makes me happy!

WB and I are joining MIL and brother 'n wife for an Easter brunch
at the same neat place we always go 2 on holidays! It a countryfied club just below Buffalo Hill. Enjoy, everybody!

#179854 - 04/10/09 02:25 PM Re: Filling up for Easter? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jabber, you have fun too. Your brother sounds like he must be a neat guy.

Lola, I know you just love being surrounded by your family. Enjoy making memories. It's just like you to do without the egg. That's what mothers and grandmothers are for.

Anno, go for it. You won't be sorry. And get or make a scrumptious dessert too!

Chatty, I know your cooking for the community, right?

emptynexter, love the screen name. Welcome. Off to Cabo with one child sounds delightful. It's fun to hear how everyone is doing something different.

Matt and Jess, Ross and I will go to church, then to brunch, We'll spend the afternoon visiting fathers and watching golf.

#179880 - 04/10/09 09:45 PM Re: Filling up for Easter? [Re: Dotsie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
LOL! The shops are all sold out of Easter eggs, Anno. I'd probably boil an egg and decorate it to replace my choc one. We're having roast pork with apple sauce on the side together with three veg for Easter, and fish. DIL is vegetarian.

#179943 - 04/11/09 01:28 PM Re: Filling up for Easter? [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Lola,
That sounds good! Have fun!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved