The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 163 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#179134 - 04/03/09 11:25 PM Bank sites that don't support Mac platforms
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
The credit union we've belonged to for years does not support Mac platforms......Windows only. I've been having problems lately downloading our comma delimited exports. They say they do not support Mac's. And they won't let us talk to tech support because they do not talk to the "public. How irritating is that?

We also do our gross receipts tax, or USED to, online, but the State of NM's programming also has trouble with Mac platforms.

Come on people.......this world is not only made of up of Windows computers! So, we have to change banks AND do our Gross Receipts taxes manually..on PAPER! Yes, yes, nothing wrong with that..but why offer this wonderful thing called online ANYTHING if we are not all supported?

Absolutely ridiculous!!!! And no we are not buying Windows machines.

Edited by Di (04/03/09 11:26 PM)

#179221 - 04/04/09 03:56 PM Re: Bank sites that don't support Mac platforms [Re: Di]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I can relate, Di. It makes me mad. My credit union supports Mac but not Firefox - figure that one out. I've been complaining about it for months and their response is always "use Internet Explorer"! What I don't get is that Safari works fine with their site but with Firefox I can't see my check images. Why would I want to use IE when it is so vulnerable to hacks, viruses, etc.?? I don't get it. I understand that Windows and IE are more common, but there are lots of sites and programs that work fine with Mac and Firefox. I think it's just laziness on the part of the IT department. It doesn't take much to make stuff work with Mac and Firefox.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved