The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#176676 - 03/10/09 06:27 PM Treat your lips!
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Okay, so the one thing women have when they are of a certain age is dry and wrinkled lips. SO...

Here is a treatment that never fails to work?

Wet your lips with some of Di's shea butter or some other shea butter and put it on thick. Leave it there for awhile while you watch T.V., cook dinner or go for a bike ride.

When it has been there for some time, THEN brush your lips with a toothbrush, (Dotsies favorite tip,) and an electric toothbrush does even better. Treat your lips to such a treatment three times a week and they will improve.

Also:

The lips are an indication to doctors of how hydrated you are. If they are dry and wrinkled they know to hydrate you. So, drink plenty of water. Remember, a model will drink at LEAST three liters of water a day, they walk everywhere with Evian!

Younger looking lips will do wonders for your face.

To help with lines around the lips there are products like Renova and Retin A that will reduce these lines with use.

There are products out now that are to line the lips on the OUTSIDE so that your lipstick does not bleed. If you are interested in such a product, let me know and I will provide a URL.

The best way to apply lipstick now is to buy a product to outline your lips so that lipstick does not bleed and then use a product that is moisterizing and also makes your lipstick stay on. Lipstick will last for hours and hours and stay true. Just ask for links for these products.

There is a fantastic new lipstick out that is BLACK, yes, black. It goes on so subtle that lips do NOT appeat black but deep and fuller. It can be used alone or with a lipstick. This is an new, new product so I've only found one line that carries it. It works like a dream so I bought two. ( I always buy two because if I loose my lipstick I have another.)

***emu oil and the like do wonders for softening the lips for exfoliation so one can use those too!

Again, just ask for URL's.

Dancer on lips.
a

Edited by dancer9 (03/10/09 06:28 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#177361 - 03/17/09 04:19 AM Re: Treat your lips! [Re: dancer9]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Good tips Dancer. I line my lips and fill in then use a creamy lipstick and dot of shimmer on the middle lower lip. It looks very clean and natural with a bit of colour.
Now what about an eyeliner that glides without pulling on our gentle eye area? Any suggestions?

#177439 - 03/17/09 10:36 PM Re: Treat your lips! [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I never carry extra lipstick because I lose them, but never leave the house without a tube of vaseline strawberry classic chap stick. It tastes and smells so good and keeps my lips moist and kissable.

Before bed I do apply a thin film of Di's Shea Butter. I have very full lips so thinness is not a problem at all for me, but dryness is especially troublesome in this hot, windy, dry desert air.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#178877 - 04/01/09 09:03 AM Re: Treat your lips! [Re: dancer9]
andrewson Offline

Hey thanks for the nice tips.
Before going to bed i always apply petroleum jelly it helps to keep our lips soft and smooth.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved