The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#177181 - 03/15/09 07:36 PM Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respondents
Panasusana Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
I'm a baby boomer back to school at 60 working on my doctoral dissertation. I'm conducting a research project that might have interesting insight to women's human sexual response cycle.

If you know a post-menopausal baby boomer (1946-1964) please have them access my on-line anonymous question. Thank you. http://tinyurl.com/brjqy8

#177184 - 03/15/09 08:23 PM Re: Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respondents [Re: Panasusana]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Good for you for going back to school at 60. I keep hearing more and more about boomers going back to school. I love the idea of intergenerational classes. Young and old (not that we're old) have so much to learn from one another.

Can't take the survey. Not post menopausal yet. I feel left out. Is that a good thing?

#177214 - 03/16/09 12:03 AM Re: Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respondents [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Don't feel bad Dotsie, I am post-menopausal but too old to be a boomer, yet again!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#177228 - 03/16/09 04:40 AM Re: Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respond [Re: Dotsie]
Panasusana Offline

I believe peri-menopausal women should prepare themselves for menopause by getting a dexa-scan (bone-density) and having hormonal levels checked. If you decide to have these tests done post-menopause you will need a marker so that your numbers are not being compared to other women but your own levels pre- menopause.

Well at least when you go through menopause you will have a forum filled with women who will offer advice. Great forum!

#177304 - 03/16/09 09:06 PM Re: Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respond [Re: Panasusana]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm not sure I believe all the bone density stuff. I understand that women are being diagnosed with porous bones, then being prescribed medication that supposedly makes them denser, but the dense bone isn't any stronger, so just as breakable.

#177406 - 03/17/09 07:00 PM Re: Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respond [Re: DJ]
Panasusana Offline

Bone density is complicated stuff. Osteopenia is the new word for women who have lost a lot of estrogen just following menopause. They had to coin this new word because of the high tech machinery that has noted finer changes. Thank goodness for Osteopenia, if you had high estrogen levels that is a marker for women who are more likely to get breast cancer. We can't seem to win this game of a healthy life.

There is actually a very small % of women that get severe osteoporosis, the kind that is usually inherited. But for the rest of us there is eating well and some herbal remedies. Until I get another dexa scan done in three months I really don't want to mention the name of the product I use. After the first year of using it the reports came back, 'keep using the medicines you have been prescribed, they are working" Well I never took the Fosomax but this non-prescript one. But it has been several years and I want to be tested again and then I will share my results.

Susana

#177412 - 03/17/09 08:07 PM Re: Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respond [Re: Panasusana]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I agree. I should have a bone density test now so I can compare it in a few years. Good advice.

Hope you'll share what you're using if you have good results. Wondering if it's FDA approved...

#177642 - 03/20/09 11:52 AM Re: Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respond [Re: Dotsie]
Panasusana Offline

I am almost certain it is not FDA approved, most herbal remedies are not. The expense and hoops they make you jump through is outrageous and the pharmaceutical companies have turned this into a political game. They had to change the content of their website because the FDA made them take out all the studies done in China.

Most certainly will give you more details and name after my dexa-scan.
Susana

#177684 - 03/20/09 09:11 PM Re: Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respond [Re: Panasusana]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks Susana.

#177706 - 03/20/09 11:02 PM Re: Academic Sexuality Survey - still need respond [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Please go and read my latest blog WEIRD TV ADS, if you want to know how useful the FDA is when licensing products and refusing others. Follow the MONEY trail...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved