The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#176776 - 03/11/09 08:00 PM Whose style of dressing do you admire?
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
for me, I admire the person who styles the Cable show: The L. Word. It is highly styled in all sorts of styles at once and each woman is styled according to her charcter. It's well done and admirable. It's hard to style that many women and get it right.

I don't like the Desparate housewives stylist because they all pretty much dress alike.

is there an actress or a famous person whose style you admire?

Do you dress in the same style?

I am called classic with a twist and that is pretty much spot on. I style myself and do a pretty good job of it, if I say so myself. My only issue is that I can wear almost any style so I have to ask myself, "Do I want to wear that."

I had modeling jobs as a kid doing kids clothing so I had a lot of practise. again, it's not glamorous at all to model. It's almost like being a prop and I was glad I was a dancer too. It pays well though.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#176780 - 03/11/09 08:19 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I don't follow actresses nor actors which means looking at magazines of what they wear or when they are interviewed outside of the movie/tv set. I only pay abit more attention IF I happen to watch the Oscars ceremony. Which isn't every year.

So I haven't got a good sense what ie. Sandra Bullock, Jessica Parker, Meryl Streep, Oprah or Helen Mirrens wear.

part of all this is that I've only lived in a home with a tv since 2002. Prior to that where I lived, I didn't have a tv for 25 years. No kiddin'.

So I'm abit distracted by other life activities to pay attention to an actress's style.

These days, I just tend to notice how a woman of any age, carry themselves...ie. are they calm, talk intelligently or airheaded? smile

#185643 - 07/02/09 05:29 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: orchid]
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Have you ever watched "The Closer"? That's one of my new favorite shows. The fashion designer has his own blog and it is very interesting to read how he designs the wardrobe for all the characters. I'll see if I can find a link...

#185644 - 07/02/09 05:30 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: DonnaJ]
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA

#185665 - 07/02/09 02:44 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: DonnaJ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Donna I LOVE that show and I'm going to check out that link for sure. Have you watched "Castle?" It is a similar show only the main character is a male, instead of a female...and he is an author. It's really cute.

Now that this subject has been brought up, I can't remember watching a regular program that had clothing that caught my eye. Hmmm..what does that say about the industry, I wonder?

#185756 - 07/03/09 11:44 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I love Castle, he is so cute. I also never see any fashion I would care to wear. I love Brenda on the Closer but my God is she a terrible dresser.

I have always created my own style, what looks good on me, and what I like. Who died and made any of these so called designers the "style police?"

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#185860 - 07/04/09 05:09 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
I like bohemian chic. I like doo-dads, bugles and beads. I like silk jackets with either. I used to like Lands End and LL Bean when I was sensible, outdoorsy, and in college. But now I am embracing flow and feminine. I can't find comfortable shoes unless barefoot. So barefoot bohemian chic. Who has that style?

#185862 - 07/04/09 05:26 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Princess Lenora]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
I do! I like cotton, I love color, I like things that I make, peasanty sort of tops, print skirts, comfortable but adorable shoes, nothing too Birkenstocky, way too bulky. I think that when you are comfortable with your clothes and the color and the way they fit, you walk like you feel beautiful and that is just about all you need. I think people spend way too much time trying to "look like somebody" or they try to stay trendy and it doesn't look good on them. That's just crazy. I never cared what was in style. I like classic, slightly bohemian, artsy eclectic - that's my style.

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#185871 - 07/04/09 06:30 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: DreamrKate]
Princess Lenora Offline

Me too Kate, bohemian but classy and chic and artsy and eclectic. I don't sew anymore, so what line of clothing is that? Same with shoes, what do you find comfortable and adorable, besides barefoot with painted toes, of course!

#185886 - 07/04/09 09:03 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I am with Princess and Kate. I've been called bohemian and artsy. I like to dress comfortably, but not sloppy. I love jewelry and colors. I was not at all happy in the 90's when the little earrings were in style and that was all you could find. I like the big ones!

Cheers,
Cathi

#185888 - 07/04/09 09:21 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Princess Lenora Offline

and shoulder pads in the 1980s really cramped my style, especially when dressing for work in "corporate" America which had a dress-code at my office, policies made by men who did not wear panty-hose or heels, well, not in broad daylight!

#185899 - 07/04/09 11:49 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
I always like "prep" style.....penny loafers, oxford shirts underneath crew neck monogrammed sweaters. Dark navy pants.

But it's not conducive to where I live. Here, we dress to stay cool, yet protected from the sun. Other than during monsoon season (now!) the sweating does not happen much.But I like to wear long sleeves and pants for more protection.

#185912 - 07/05/09 01:33 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Di]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

HAH! Princess, I wonder how many of those male, closet dudettes I've talked to on the fantasy lines.

Your weather is alot like ours Di. I know what you mean about more protection.

#185913 - 07/05/09 01:35 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Shoes - that's always difficult. I have a pair of Clarks huraches, that I've been wearing non stop for a couple few years and they were so comfortable that I just quit wearing other shoes... the bummer there is that they quit making them and mine are finally whispering their last breaths so I went online to the ShoeMall.com and found a couple of pair of slip on wedgy sort of sandals that were cute, so that will have to suffice.
But I (forget the shoes now) I've been thinking about making a wrap around skirt, black maybe and then applique tailing vines and flowers around the bottom part.... kind of like the old Mexican dresses that I used to love but can't get since I don't go down there. Wow.....was that all one sentence? Okay, no, it was two sentences. And the Mexican peasant dresses weren't applique but we all know, I'm not going to sit down and embroider all that, because why? Why would I do that? Applique is totally the way to go. We're having a family luau in a couple of weeks and since I'm subversive (a bit) and don't plan on finding Hawaiian shirts or whatever, I might whip this up. Or...maybe I'll think of something else.

"Life was not given just to be happy, but to matter. Let me walk in that today." ~Kate

www.dreamrkate.blogspot.com
http://www.DreamrKate.etsy.com/

#185975 - 07/05/09 06:09 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: DreamrKate]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, shoes love shoes , shoe to go with this and that outfit . I love casual "Grasshopper" shoes they have a arch in them that give the foot compfort and where they when walking the mall or out . They have a wonderful web site and not very inexpensive . www.grasshopper.com I have a pair in white black and beige now . It is a go everywhere do anyting shoe .

Oh, Princess had those jackets with the shoulder pads and off to Goodwill they went . I can't believe I had them that long . Found some things hard to part with in clothes shoes no . Oh, well enough for me.

Sadie

#186314 - 07/11/09 09:57 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Sadie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Shoes are tough for me, especially now that I'm older; ha! In the summer, I pretty much wore flip-flops or sandals of some kind, but now my feet can't handle it. I need more support. I still wear them, but have to be more selective. I can't wear them all the time. My feet feel best when I'm wearing my tenners and I really don't like wearing them when I'm out and ab out, unless I'm walking into town. I know more women with foot issues and I dont' want to fall into that category. It's tough to recover from foot surgery.

Are your feet different at midlife?

#186360 - 07/11/09 11:26 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

One of the sharpest women dressers on this planet is JOAN RIVERS. Her suits are impeccable as is her jewelry, scarfs and shoes and ALL color coordinated. Lovely hair. Plus she is past 75 but looks fabulous!!! Has the best face money could buy, bless her heart!

#186375 - 07/12/09 05:42 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Chatty, I am glad you added the what money can buy line. Any one can look great when their clothes are custom made, and custom fitted! Yes, Dotsie, my feet have changed. I'll have to check out grasshoppers

#186376 - 07/12/09 06:09 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Princess Lenora]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I like barefoot bohemian artsy, too. But I can't go barefoot here in the summer - I would burn off the soles of my feet! smile

Shoes are always a problem for me now. My feet have 'broadened' so I need wider shoes. And they don't like being confined in closed shoes so I wear sandals pretty much all the time. Heels are definitely out. I used to be able to walk miles in stilettos with pointy toes, but now I don't even feel steady on anything other than flats or a small (less than 1") heel. And flip-flops or any of those shoes with the thong between my toes hurts too much. I find that Clarks, Birkenstock, Tevas, and Earth Shoes are all fine. They are expensive, but I can sometimes find them at a thrift store for about $5. And who cares if they're not in style? As long as I'm comfortable and look put together, I don't care what style it is or what anyone else thinks. Fortunately, work is casual dress; I wouldn't want to work anywhere I had to wear a suit or pantyhose.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#186377 - 07/12/09 07:29 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: yonuh]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I used to dress bohemian-artsy in my 20's-'30's then transitioned over to suits and structured dresses with belts (& shoulder pads when the style was in) plus medium height pumps. Dressier wear was more classic/tailored look with tendency to solid colours.

At this time when I have been required to observe a dress code, my taste tends to be classic/tailored with solid colours. It's not particularily arresting/dynamic style. Shoes tend to be a low heel with support. I actually don't like alot of the prints for myself that are in style right now..since I am very leery of buying something that will go out of fashion in 12 months. My selection was always long-term, to make a garment last several years.

Since I have been cycling to work for awhile, it's just more practical for me to carry on the bike, fitted-style clothing that holds up to wrinkling,etc. So long wide, artsy skirts just aren't practical for me to lug around in bike pannier. (It's more weight on the bike when going up a hill!) They would wrinkle more anyway. So a more fitted skirt (A-line), that hits a few inches above my knees.

Absolutely cannot wear cheap rubber beach thongs for a walk outside of home. It kills my feet since they need some sort of support.

#186380 - 07/13/09 01:35 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Sadie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Sadie sent me shopping for shoes last summer. She told me my shoes should not hurt my feet. And she recommended a couple of shoe manufacturers, but now I forget who they were. Anyway, I went to both of the different shoe stores she recommended, and I tried on dozens of shoes. I was looking for Mary Jane style with a heel for dress wear. I spent HOURS getting my feet analyzed, and on another day, HOURS trying to fit a certain pair of Mary Janes. He added heel pads, toe pads, arch supports, cushions, and just within 15 minutes of wear, in the store, they hurt my feet. I do not know how I ever worked in retail, 9 hours a day, in typical Nine West heels. Hmm, guess that didn't work out so well because I ended up with hammer toe surgery. Now that it is summer I can get away with sandals. I went to the grasshopper site, and there seems to be some fun styles. Also, my 93 year old great-aunt loves wearing Sketchers. Maybe I should live in the Bahamas wear I can wear sandals all day!

#186381 - 07/13/09 01:42 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: orchid]
Princess Lenora Offline

My mother was too petite to wear shoulder pads, which came on every item of clothing in the 1800s, I mean 1980s. So she would pull out the shoulder pads. And guess what. She saved them, she saved the shoulder pads in clear plastic shoe boxes. Some of the shoulder pads go to dresses she no longer has, but she still has the shoulder pads. And she must have 400 pairs of shoes. She was a sharp, sharp dresser. I was reading her yearbook from 1949, and all the entries from the girls mentioned how well she dressed. They called her Venus. I actually love fashion, up to a point, and I like experimenting with different styles at different times in my life. Like what Orchid says, a dress code was required at certain jobs. Now I'm a free for all!

#186395 - 07/13/09 01:34 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

yonuh, Stilettos to Birkenstocks - sounds like a good book.

princess, I remember cutting shoulder pads out of clothes in the 80s, but I didn't keep them.

My problem is that I work form home so I am totally casual. If anythign, I'm under-dressed. BUt I'd much rather be comfy so it doesn't bother me.

#186431 - 07/14/09 12:45 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You and me both Dotsie. I think the last time I got all dressed up was for a dance. Thats another reason I stay single, no makeup to wear daily, no fancy hairdo, no special clothing. Its just me and my fluffy, comfortable self.

#186470 - 07/14/09 03:42 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

I found comfortable and stylish flat open backed sandals from "eurowellness" and I love them! But what to do in winter? I had the same pairs of Clark's ankle boots for 3 years. During those 3 years, as Dotsie said, my feet spread. So at the end of this past winter, I gave the boots away. I'm hoping Clark's has similar boots this next season. Do you remember "Buffalo" sandals that you soaked in a tub of water before wearing? How strange was that? Oh, the shoes I was trying on for hours was SAS, at Good Feet. I was disappointed that I could not find a comfortable fit, because they look so comfortable. How about Sketchers?

#186489 - 07/14/09 09:01 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mountain Ash Offline

I bought Sketchers in May and keep them for special...going to town.. galleries and theatre they suit my feet and for the first time in ages I feel i am wearing really fun shoes..on looking further there are many others I like in the range.I have Fly flot sandals which are fine for mid summer..I have retired my higher shoes and will slowly select the funky Sketchers as the season changes.
My feet ache by evening and now I know what my Aunts meant as they kicked off their town shoes..my cousins and I would delight in slipping the high heels on and clipping around..They also wore hats..such a stylish era (The fifties)

#186500 - 07/14/09 10:58 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Mountain Ash]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I used to wear Birkenstocks at home all the time, and i think that's the reason my feet got wider. Now my feet actually feel better if the shoe is a tight fit on the sides. It seems to push things back into place.

I love jeans. Do really old people in America wear jeans? You don't see anyone in senior homes wearing jeans here. I know I'll break that custom.

#186509 - 07/14/09 11:48 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I live, as you might know, in an all senior resort park and many of the really older women wear not only jeans, but custom, butt hugging styles. They wear bathing suits and shorts and pedal pushers as well. We are a frisky, and crazy bunch. Oh and when I say older, I mean from 60 to 90 years. And did I mention how cute we all are???

#186514 - 07/15/09 01:12 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: orchid]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Princess,
Yes, I love the Grasshopper shoes . I get the slip on shoes in a 7Wide . Have watch the width of these shoes . They have an arch in the shoe with most shoes don't have now days . I walk everywhere in them an sandals are wonderful to. Hope they work for you . I have them in all colors to match my slacks .

Oh, those thong shoes only wear them for a pedicure back to the car and that is it . Hurts the toes and makes my shin red. Yikes ! I wear Easy Spirit for walking and they are having a sale on walking tennis shoes now . Good buys on their web site too.

Sadie

#186593 - 07/16/09 02:33 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Sadie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

MA, I have soem preicous pictures of my younger sister and her friends in my mom's heels , clothes and hats. THat was such a fun time.

EW, I haven't seen jeans at my FIL's residence either. BOomers will definitely change that. Most of the wome there still dress, even though they don't always match everything due to dementia, they still look nice in their dresses, skirts and occasional pant suits.

Sadie, I wear lots of sandals in the summer, but on days when I know I'm just going to be around the house, I wear my Nike tenners with good support and sole inserts. Then when I go out, I'll slip on sandals. In the past, I only wore tenners for walking.

chatty, I think you need to have a BWS reunion in your resort park. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

#186626 - 07/17/09 02:53 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

It would be a rootin, tootin, HOOT Dotsie and I would love to do it...Pools for swinmming, pool tables for eight ball playing, libraries for reading, bingo, tennis courts, putting greens for golfers, walking and riding very wide paved streets, the water park down the road filled with birds, plants etc., shuttle bus to town shopping or the strip. It would be lots of fun.

#186713 - 07/18/09 12:17 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sounds heavenly.

#187612 - 08/03/09 03:44 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I don't pay much attention to what celebrities wear -- and if anything, I think they should copy ME! LOL

Those teeny weenie earrings and chains that were the style ~1990 or so? -- I was so miserable making that stuff, no design whatsoever.

Another vote here for arty-eclectic-bohemian. I wear what I feel like, and yes, you can see the old hippie, global ethnic, and fashionista influences all at once.

I ripped out all the shoulder pads. When you are genetically blessed with linebacker shoulders, there's not enough room in one garment for shoulder pads and me.

Because of knee problems, I completely gave up heels 30 years ago. Because of my size 11AA, there are never more than 6 pairs of shoes on the entire planet that fit me, so I don't have a shoe style. Just whatever is comfortable. Barefoot at home, always.

Poet and essayist

#187649 - 08/03/09 03:08 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Meredith, love your comment about celebrites copying you. What a hoot!

#203922 - 05/26/10 06:36 AM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Sadie]
ChristopherM Offline

Loc: South Carolina, USA
Originally Posted By: Sadie
Oh, shoes love shoes , shoe to go with this and that outfit . I love casual "Grasshopper" shoes they have a arch in them that give the foot compfort and where they when walking the mall or out . They have a wonderful web site and not very inexpensive . www.grasshopper.com I have a pair in white black and beige now . It is a go everywhere do anyting shoe .

Oh, Princess had those jackets with the shoulder pads and off to Goodwill they went . I can't believe I had them that long . Found some things hard to part with in clothes shoes no . Oh, well enough for me.

Sadie

Hi Sadie,

I think your link is pointing to a telecommunication provider called Grasshopper formerly GotVMail. Kindly repost your Grasshopper shoe link again. Thanks.

#203928 - 05/26/10 12:27 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: ChristopherM]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Hi Christopher...please notice that the post is from '09 and kindly respect our privacy of this being a Boomer WOMEN speak, and if you have a complaint, please send an email to the management. I'll leave your post so that you may see it, but unfortunately, I must ask you to not post.

Thanks for your understanding, JJ

#204028 - 05/28/10 09:58 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I like the way Robin Roberts from Good Morning America dresses!
And I like Diane Sawyer, too. Ms. Oprah is cool, too.

#204049 - 05/29/10 01:15 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

confused sleep whistle wink The whistle is my way of
bloviating.

Edited by jabber (05/30/10 01:15 PM)

#204738 - 06/16/10 08:44 AM Styles of dress??? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I never watch styles. I have my very own that suits me just fine. Maybe if I were a twig I would be happier to follow styles.

#204840 - 06/19/10 01:38 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

IMO, everybody has their own style, which makes 'em unique.
And that's really cool!

#204847 - 06/19/10 04:22 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I like it when women and girls have their own style and don't just go with all the latest trends. That's when you get in to cookie cutter fashion where everyone looks the same.

I'm not a big shopper, but twice a year I go to the outlets with a few girlfriends. We know one another's styles and walk through the stores picking out clothes for one another. our choices are usually right on.

#204860 - 06/19/10 10:25 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Dotsie, I like that idea, picking out styles for one another.
That is really neat!

#204863 - 06/19/10 10:38 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I agree with that Dotsie, Plus it really sounds like fun...

#204898 - 06/21/10 01:08 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Wish I lived near Dotsie. I could use someone else's advice
on what to buy. Sometimes I'll buy something, get it home and
then wish I hadn't bought it, after all.

#204957 - 06/23/10 12:51 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Style of dress changes with the aging process. This new sleeveless style is fine for the First Lady and those her age
and younger. But when the upper arm isn't as firm as it once
was, a person can feel self-conscious when bearing little or
no muscle.

#204973 - 06/23/10 07:14 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: jabber]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I will never go sleeveless again. I am fit and have worked out since my 30's but age and heredity have taken a toll on my upper arms. Also, had a water skiing accident when I was a kid and now that the fatty layer is not as firm, the muscle really looks distorted. I saw that in the mirror one day and could not for the life of me figure out what caused it. It finally dawned on me one day - of course I was only 10 when I fell on the skis. My arm got tangled in the tow rope and dragged me quite a distance before my Dad even noticed that I had fallen. So, anyway, I dread shopping, even for summer tops and tees anymore. Have to have 3/4 or elbow length sleeves - period....

#205047 - 06/26/10 06:02 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: browser57]
jabber Offline

browser57,
I fully understand. I've exercised for years but still my upper
arm isn't very attractive. I shop for only 3/4 or elbow length
sleeves, too. Age sure messes up firmness.

#205110 - 06/28/10 11:08 AM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Funny, I never wear dresses. Just last week while outlet shopping, I found a light weight denim, cap sleeve dress and bought it. Yes, it shows my dented upper arms, but I decided to buy it and wear it anyway. Now, I must say that I will never wear short, shorts again because there are way too many dents in my upper legs, way too many - NEVER!

#205366 - 07/02/10 03:24 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: Dotsie]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
I always loved the Jackie Kennedy style. In movies I loved the way Barbra Streisand was dressed.

For myself, I went through many different looks as a youthful, skinny, flat-chested girl. My shape has changed A LOT now. lol I can wear crazy eclectic loungewear to periods of dressing in all black. I call it my Johnny Cash look.

Whatever I wear, it has to be comfortable. My latest obsession is long flowing feminine nighties (at night of course lol)

My shoes are always flat, open-toe'd, and low heels for special occasions.

Comfort is key!

#205749 - 07/14/10 12:58 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: Josie]
Alice Offline

Loc: Michigan
I love dresses...and high heels....i was a Princess in another life; I have 2 tiaras....If I could, I would wear a ballgown every night, go to a castle for an all-night party.

Glittery high heels n all.

#205752 - 07/14/10 02:38 PM Re: Styles of dress??? [Re: Alice]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm more of a T-shirt, jeans kind of gal. Especially the ones with cute captions on them, like I'm with stupid...which I frequently am.

#205758 - 07/14/10 06:17 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Anne Holmes Administrator Offline
Boomer in Chief

Loc: Illinois
Interesting discussion, ladies. I am going to my 40th high school reunion in a week or so, and I am trying to figure out what to wear.

I'm with all of you, my favorite outfits are bohemian and artsy. But apparently I don't spend much money on clothes anymore! I say this because I formulated an idea of what outfit I might want to wear in my head the other day -- then realized that I have photos of myself wearing that outfit at my 30th HS reunion -- which is obviously 10 years ago!

And to think that I studied fashion design in college... Drat! Well, I think I will go for "Classic Anne" and to heck with what anyone else is wearing! LOL!

Oh, that means I will probably be wearing nice pants and a flowing silk jacket that is multi-colored, with lapels and turn back cuffs in a print that includes all the colors in the jacket. It sounds odd, but I designed it a few years ago, and it's very "me."

Unless I opt for another old fave, a long black cotton skirt that has multi-colored appliques and mirrors on it -- with a black tank top... The skirt is very ethnic..

Edited by Anne Holmes (07/14/10 06:17 PM)
Edit Reason: typo
www.boomerlifestyle.com
www.boomerco.com

#205766 - 07/14/10 10:50 PM Re: Whose style of dressing do you admire? [Re: Anne Holmes]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

The first outfit sounds nice but that skirt sounds different and intreresting. Maybe with some dangling glass earrings to match?

Whatever you wear just have fun...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved