The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 121 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#17573 - 02/16/04 01:42 AM Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
OK, so I've been reading The Three Little Pigs to my daughter. But at age 43 I'm finding hairs!! [Embarrassed] growing just under the bottom of my chin! Not many, blonde, and I'm told not noticeable to anyone else...or were they just being kind? Is this normal or am I a freak of nature? I'm pulling them out with tweasers but is that the best course of action? [Roll Eyes]

#17574 - 02/16/04 06:13 PM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, I'll fess up. I don't get them on my chin, but every now and then I get this very fine hair that's about an inch long on the side of my face. I mustn't have the best mirror in my bathroom 'cause I can never figure out how it gets to be so long in one day. [Eek!] Shazam, how long have I been walking around litke this? [Eek!] I tweeze 'em!

Julie, so glad to hear that Aussie's get them too! [Razz]

#17575 - 02/16/04 07:18 PM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Well I have you both beat! I have three on my chin and you are right they grow overnight!

I can remember sitting in the neurologist's office with my Mom and Dad and son. Doc was not happy with 4 year old in the room. He was too cerebral and nasty to little kids. If my Dad did not need this apointment I would have let him know exactly how good kids are for the cranky old souls of the world!

Anyway, Nathan is sitting on my lap, very quiet and he whispers in my ear "mom you have a big black hair on your chin do you want me to pull it off?" Well I started that laugh with no sound and my body was chuckling a bit and Nathan naturally responded by trying not to make a sound but the whole thing must have gotten the Doc's attention and we were asked to leave the room.

Of course, Nathan thought it was his fault and he was humiliated. I told him it was my chin hair's fault and not to worry. From then on, whenever he doesn't want to take the blame he tries to blame it on my chin hair!

After the appointmnet at lunch, I told my folks what happened and I thought my Dad would split his sides laughing. I think that was the last time I heard him laugh so hard. He died about a month later.

I don't think I look at my chin hairs quite the same anymore. Can't say I cherish them but.....

#17576 - 02/17/04 08:30 AM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lynn,
you have made us all look at our chin hairs in a whole new light. What fun for Nathan. Of course it may come back to haunt you if he uses it to draw attention to your chin hair in public at some point.

smile

#17577 - 02/17/04 02:47 AM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Oh Lawdy, that's my biggest annoyance in life (after my husband [Mad] )

There's a bunch, and they're black (no surprise there.) Not like an actual beard or anything, but even a few is too many. [Frown]

I gave up eyebrow tweezing and make-up because I thought it was a waste to spend that much time in front of a bathroom mirror. Now I spend time tweezing those stupid chin hairs. It's a search and destroy mission. And I wear 2 pairs of reading glasses so I won't miss any.

I suppose there are worse things to be compulsive about.

#17578 - 02/17/04 06:44 PM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lynn, what fun to recall your Dad's last hearty laughter! And how great that it involoved you and Nathan. [Wink]

#17579 - 02/18/04 06:33 PM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
chin hairs.......yup....I can relate to the search and destroy mission meredith....and what I miss, my kids will happily point out....course, the teenage one is in the zit stage, so he's careful what facial flaws he points out in others [Wink]

now, moustache hairs.....much harder to pull out.....a curse of some ancestral ukrainian gene, no doubt...

#17580 - 03/02/04 06:09 PM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Speaking of hairy faces...how about eyebrow waxing? This is the hot thing for the young kids today. I have gone with my daughter several times and for some crazy reason the next day I wake with scabs. What's worse? Hairs or scabs, soon to be scars. New nick name...scar face! [Eek!]

I've been in two different places, with four different lovely waxers (what do they call themselves?). None of them take the blame, they all say it was the other person, left the wax on too long, it was too hot, should have used a different wax, whatever. Then they turn around and do the very same thing.

I'm giving up. Hair or no hair. Lovely arches with scabs or bushes? For now I'm taking the bushes. Enough!

There's an article in there for you humor writers! [Big Grin]

#17581 - 03/02/04 11:35 PM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to say that in May 1990, I had my last period, very light unlike the 60 pad wonders of every other time. I also began to have hairs popping up on my chin, some very blonde and hard to see but then there were those wirey, long black ones that seemed to appear over night. I was never so happy to become a member of the menopause set. I have never looked back, and never had so much as a hot flash. It was a breeze for me. Now my chin was another story, pull one hair and two pop up...Finally a women of delicate beauty that I know nsaid, "never tweeze, debilitate...So I began rubbing hair removal ceam on my chin and believe it or not after several years, NO HAIRS anymore. I do feel a soft unseen one every now and again and out comes the cream. I saw a woman in Wal Mart last week that had a beard, I kid you not. I kept wanting to go over to her and smear some cream on her chin, but then my eyes wondered and guess what, she had 20 times the amount of hair on her legs....Somewhere this must be the custom, ick, yuk, and tyhats just the stuff that shows....Oh and she was very well dressed, looked well off....Mrs Arab maybe? [Eek!] [Confused]

#17582 - 03/08/04 03:01 AM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
the first (and last) time I ever had my eyebrows waxed I looked like someone had burned them off....what remained of my eyebrows was surrounded by puffy, red swollen skin - hubby took one look at me and said "what happened???"

For two days, as they healed they were unbelievably sore and itchy....

.....never again......

#17583 - 03/14/04 11:00 PM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I saw someone this week with a long chin hair [Big Grin] and I thought of you ladies. Weird, huh?

She was oblivious because she's definitely not the type to leave it there on purpose. [Eek!]

#17584 - 03/16/04 03:52 AM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
I have my eyebrows waxed everytime I get my hair cut because i am too squeamish to tweeze. I have never had a hard time and they look good.

I wonder what the reason is? I ask my stylist if she knows.

I am so glad to be thought of when you see a woman with a hairy face Dots!

Lynn

#17585 - 03/16/04 04:15 AM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
OMIGOSH! This topic is funnier than the joke forum!!!

2 pair of reading glasses, Meredithbead??? ROTFLOL!!!

#17586 - 03/16/04 07:40 PM Re: Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Great topic. The things you learn in here. "Don't tweeze, debilitate!"

Now lynn, she didn't have a hairy face, jsut a single long hair! There's a difference! [Big Grin]

And as Thistle mentioned in another post about girlfriends...we carry them wherever we go. That's what I was doing when I thought of you ladies. Too bad it was a hair chin! [Eek!]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved