The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#176084 - 03/02/09 03:09 AM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: chatty lady]
Ellemm Offline

Is there some age limit for filing bankruptcy? Knowing that you can wind up in the soup from losing your job and losing your medical insurance, I'm not going to assume that anyone young who is bankrupt must have gotten that way through foolishness. Maybe, maybe not. Nationwide, I think about one-half of personal bankruptcies are due largely to medical bills.

Yeah, I know a lot of people have been idiots, but that was the point of my earlier post. If we have *that* much consumer debt, I'm going to guess that it's not half and half, more like 75/25. And what with layoffs and the housing crash, a lot of people are in big trouble and haven't been crazy. By the way, in my state -- maybe this is everywhere -- laid-off workers can't get COBRA health benefits if the company goes bankrupt. So there's no realistic way these folks will get health insurance anytime soon. They're not lazy or spendthrifts, just out of luck. Bad out of luck. I could see some of them going bankrupt pretty easily.

#176117 - 03/02/09 04:20 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: Ellemm]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Here's a link from an article written in 2007 about the age of people who file for bankruptcy. I'm thinking it could be changing as we speak...

#176118 - 03/02/09 04:21 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

#176141 - 03/02/09 10:05 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My comments above were made strictly for the 'spend thrift' types, not those suffering from events beyond their control. God bless those poor folks, whether young, old or in between.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#176222 - 03/03/09 09:05 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Looks like dear Micheal is out of the spotlight again. Old news! Hopefully this is the last he'll hear of his small indescretion and he can get back to training...

#176523 - 03/07/09 09:28 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
The economy is in such a mess, I think folks are focusing mostly on that. All else is secondary! IMO.

#176610 - 03/09/09 06:23 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Besides, Phelps is hurting himself, undermining his own
rep; whereas, those ponzi schemers ruin thousands and thousands
of lives!

Edited by jabber (03/11/09 06:28 PM)

#177256 - 03/16/09 01:08 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I saw him on TV last night. I enjoyed hearing him speak about doubting his future in swimming while he was on a break. I can imagine his break was quite a change because I don't think he'd ever had such a long time away from the water. I was happy to hear he's sticking with it and working towards bigger records at the next Olympics.

Ad far as his mistake, he said he won't make the same mistake twice, but he didn't say he won't make mistakes. He's human.

#177291 - 03/16/09 08:39 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Bless his heart, he gave a great interview. He seemed so sincere, relaxed and straight forward. I believe he will go on to be a positive role model for many.

#187809 - 08/06/09 06:13 PM Re: Micheal Phelps sinking... [Re: jawjaw]
WellnessGR Offline

Michael Phelps certainly feels more scrutiny after being caught smoking pot at a party. This is good fodder for people who want to connect him with performance enhancing substances like steroids.

Clearly, Michael is a very gifted swimmer but some people don't trust him now. A few weeks ago this summer, Phelps did an interview while being completely out of breath! He also posted bad swim times. People speculate that since he knows he's being watched more closely, he's not going to take anything illegal now, but it's also very possible that he is just really out of shape! After all, he was banned from swimming! Drugs and Sports, always a controversy!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved