The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#174814 - 02/16/09 03:02 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Originally Posted By: dancer9
Does anyone wear a belt around their cardigan on the outside? That is O SO CHIC right now.

thats big heer too, wide belts mostlie but i have seen a few slim belts...one fashion fix i am gonna have to pass on however as iv not the right figure...

i still do jeans and blak proper trousers are for formal stuff, so the rest of my outfit would follow that...

not sure if i am readie...hmmm could i change that?

#174815 - 02/16/09 03:06 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

it is important to look good when snow shoveling DD anyway with black pants thyd find you if you fell over lol.

#174821 - 02/16/09 03:21 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is such a fun post. I'm picturing all of you all decked out in black and color.

DD, just don't wear the white tube socks over the pants to the knee so the snow doesn't get down in your boots. That's a horrendous look.

For this time of year, I have jeans and I have black pants. The end!

Yesterday, Ross was sick so I had to fill in for him as a deacon at church - which means greeting everyone who steps foot in the church. My first thought was - my black cords are too casual for this service. Ack, what will I wear? If they're too casual, I certainly can't wear my jeans. Let's see. What other black pants do I have? Oh yeah - my black velvet sale pants form Ann Taylor. Easy enough. Black boots, black pants, black belt, with a black under top, and a black, white, and shades of grey turtleneck sweater (the real warm kind). Simple. Added silver jewelry and out the door in no time. Wore it all day - to take Dad to lunch, get his groceries, make corned beef and cabbage, laundry, then back to church for the casual service, to eat dinner, and then to pick up my daughter (though by that time, I wish I was in my jammies). I don't like changing outfits.

What are you wearing today? This might be fun.

Jeans, brown belt, brown Merrills, pink turtle neck sweater, with a brown suede and fur vest (I know there's a name for this vest, but dang if I know it). Then I have a matching set of jewelry that's silver and pink.

Anyone else? Or if you're feeling sloppy today, what did you wear on Valentine's Day? While greeting at church yesterday, it was fun to see all the pink and red clothes, and jewelry. One lady said she hadn't worn her red suit since last Valentine's Day. What a hoot. I don't have a red suit and never will.

#174832 - 02/16/09 04:02 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: Dotsie]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Jeans with a navy blue and light blue sweater. Brown shoes. Whitegold jewelry.

#174836 - 02/16/09 04:11 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: Cookie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hey, it's only 8am here in CA and it's a school/work holiday, so I'm still in my jammies. Wicking J Sleepwear jammies that are turquoise and white, toppped with my fluffy WARM pink robe (Why does my husband always buy me PINK robes for Christmas?), and my red fuzzy warm socks.

I'm sure I'll be changing into my snowblowing pants after breakfast, but maybe I will mix it up and wear some long RED socks with them today, just to be more fashion-exciting! We've got 8" of snow so far, with an expected 3' by tonight. Did I mention that I'm ready for spring?

#174918 - 02/17/09 02:52 AM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
celtic_flame Offline

deep purpile silk PJ's its school holidays still and i aint going anyweer, with a purpile fleecie robe...:)

now yesterday i did have black jeans, just above ankle cat boots, a black lacy under blose thing, and a deep green chese cloth shirt...3 silver nechchanse and a small circle dimonite pendent on one, and dimonite tenise braclet. white gold ringed jewlarie..I went to my biker club charity event in that. i was surrounded in leather vested men, i didn't quite fit but wase't too far removed from fitting, spent the night talking to the boys about bikes lol and forgot to cheek out what the girles and females part of that familie bike club was weering...Thats my valentines night and my last day cloths..

#174919 - 02/17/09 02:54 AM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

do you all weer silver and white gold this time of year and change to yellow gold summer.....or are you a one or th other type person regardless of session?

DD i am so ready for spring too but our climates forgotten or ise't playing along.

#174921 - 02/17/09 03:03 AM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: celtic_flame]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I wear very little jewelry, but when I do I try to match it to what I'm wearing. If I'm wearing blacks, greys, blues, then I tend to wear silver. If I'm wearing browns, tans, greens, then I wear gold.

Other colors, like red or purple, I just grab something out of the box that looks good!

Hey, we ended up with only 15" so far, NOT 3 feet. It's still snowing, so we'll see what it looks like in the morning!

#175091 - 02/18/09 08:10 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm wearing a black mock turtle neck dress that is short but not short/short, with leggings, also black and black shoes. Sort of black, high fashioned clog. I wear any jewelry that feels right with black and today I'm wearing a sterling peice that is pretty heavey and a statement.

Why I leave I will throw on a dress length sweater coat with short sleeves that lets your dress sleeve show instead. Arizona is not cold so this is all we can do.

Course, I'm to that place that fashion people get to and musician/dancers can get to where we wear a lot of black. Not sure how it happens but it might be from modeling so many different colours and cuts that we like to keep it simple in our daily life.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved