The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 153 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#174464 - 02/13/09 01:57 AM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: meredithbead]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Meredith, you still look wonderful! Girls, the first time I met Meredith, she was the queen of PURPLE! Flowing patterned pants, floral top, and purple head scarf to match. We had a great dinner out, remember that Meredith?

#174527 - 02/13/09 06:35 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Yes, our Meredith IS colorful and I dare say, she can correct me if I'm wrong, would bore easily with the same color pallet everyday!

We also must remember that our Yonuh is also a color wearer in great quanities! She has her own style to be sure!

Dancer

Edited by dancer9 (02/13/09 06:36 PM)

"Question your privilege"

#174537 - 02/13/09 07:22 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: dancer9]
yonuh Offline

What would I wear with black pants? I have only one pair of those - they pick up dog and cat hair too easily. I wear red with them; or green; or blue; or purple; or any other color I happen to have in my closet. I like the bright electric and jewel tones. I have worn purple with green; pink or mauve with grey; red with subdued sage green or bright yellow. I wear whatever I feel like wearing at the moment. I don't like prints in blouses or tops - I stick to solid colors - but will wear print or patterned skirts and pants. But my favorite 'uniform' is t-shirts and shorts or jeans with sandals. I don't have to 'dress up' for work, and probably wouldn't work somewhere that I had to be dressy.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#174573 - 02/13/09 11:29 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: yonuh]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Kathy, I remember our dinner well! We had a great time, despite waiting for almost an hour to be seated.

When I travel, I tend to choose one or two color palettes so everything is mix and match. That way, the layers are also interchangeable, and I don't have to bring 87 pieces of jewelry.
A single palette could be purple-magenta-black-turquoise. Or turquoise-lime-purple. Or animal prints that go with amber jewelry (as seen at the BWS bash in Vegas!)

Poet and essayist

#174577 - 02/14/09 12:16 AM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: meredithbead]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Underweight or overweight (current), I always have had tons of black bottoms. Wool, polyester, jeans and mixed fabrics.

I wear anything and everything. Currently, it is hoodies, sweaters, and muti- colored fabrics. Anything to hide (ineffectively) the obvious fact that I am overweight, and unfit.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#174655 - 02/15/09 12:20 AM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: Anno]
dancer9 Offline

Yonuh, dear, you dress like a Tucsonian! Good for you! We have that option here as no one dresses! Even attorneys go to work in sloppy things and keep their suit for work at the office!

I love your mixing of colors though! It sounds very ethnic and fun. Do you not wear your patterns near your face because they tend to take away from you? I don't wear patterns either, no at all, really.. A pattern near my face will take away from my face and on the bottom, my legs. I seldom wear jeans, actually, I never wear jeans but that is my modeling back ground. I do wear casual dresses a lot, mostly black.

I wear a lot of sheer black with something underneath and often pattern different designers with each other.

But, Yonuh, I am over dressed in Tucson all of the time. Even my casual dresses look dressed with all the denium in this city.

I would love to know what you do but you don't have to share that if you don't want to.

Dancer

#174658 - 02/15/09 12:34 AM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: dancer9]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

My snow-shoveling pants are black; am I chic or what??

#174675 - 02/15/09 02:51 AM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Quote:
My snow-shoveling pants are black; am I chic or what??

Only if you don't wear them with white tube socks.

Poet and essayist

#174678 - 02/15/09 03:40 AM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: meredithbead]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Ah, but you can't see my white tube socks unless I pull up the pants to my knees. And that would probably scare the snowplow guys right off this mountain!!

#174744 - 02/15/09 08:47 PM Re: You have a pair of black pants... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
dancer9 Offline

Ah, black and white, a classic!
D9

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved