The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 139 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#17389 - 02/12/03 02:13 AM Falling!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Okay, so I was running down my front steps and path to drop something off across the street...and I fell and rolled! [Embarrassed] Of course, I immediately got up, looked around , and ran in the house!

I must tell you that I didn't fall as gracefully as I did when I was younger. I felt like a doofus rolling in the grass!

Anyway, I am bruised and scraped, but was out walking the next day.

I mustn't be the only one falling with all the ice and snow, because there was actually an article in the local paper telling people how to fall. Now come on...do they really expect us to think about how we are falling? [Confused] It's not like I planned it or anything!

Now I know why the "elderly" are so concerned about falling!

#17390 - 02/13/03 08:11 AM Re: Falling!
gardenbloomer Offline

Loc: Madison, Wi
I too fell a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't on ice and snow. I tripped on the steps going out of our house. I was sure my leg was broken although I assured my family who watched in horror that I was just fine. After a couple of hours with ice on my shin and a few doses of ibuprofen I was okay. My leg still hurts. But my point..... I think the reason I didn't get hurt was because I work out with weights and have good bone density. You've seen the studies. We all need to be lifting. I am fortunate enough to have a great place here to go. It's a women's only place(don't tell the guys though) called Contours Express. It's my morning forum three times a week. It's quick, we exercise, we share alot (wedding plans, basement remodeling, teenagers) and the owner is a member of us boomers and sets the friendly tone. The women who go there love working out and visiting with friends at the same time. I think exercising there has been as benificial to my mind as well has my body.

#17391 - 12/05/03 04:25 PM Re: Falling!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Had to bring this post back for Candice! YOu're not the only one who falls! [Razz]
Ha!

And now we are having our first major snow event of the season. Hmmm, little reminder here!

#17392 - 12/07/03 09:06 PM Re: Falling!
smilingthrulife Offline

Loc: Baytown, Tx
Well falling is bad at our ages. About 10weeks ago I decided to do the Twisted Ankle Mambo to keep from falling landed on the side of my foot and broke it into two places. OH MY!!! It scared me and hurt so bad that I sat in my truck in the parking lot at work and cried for 15 minutes before I got help. I called from my cell phone to my assistant to come help me. One of the girls in the office drove me to the emmergency room. They took xrays and told me that I had just contusions to my foot. Well my boss's brother (a podiatrist) was in the office at the time and he looked at my foot and made me an appointment the next day. Turned out that I had 2 broken bones and one bone I had to have surgery to fix it. When the doctor tried to fix my foot, couldn't put in screws but had to suture my bones together due to my bones being soft. He made me have a bone density test...well it came back fine. Bones were more than perfect but real confused as to why my foot bones are so soft. Anyway I'm still to this day in a walking brace boot for at least another 2 weeks. This has been a real ordeal. Ladies...watch out for those tall heals. I will no longer wear them. This scared me so bad. Not being able to walk was a real eye opener.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved