The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#173443 - 02/02/09 09:59 PM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lola, sounss like productive snow day to me. A bit of unpacking, chatting here, spending time with family - perfect - especially leaving the shoveling for someone else.

#173454 - 02/02/09 11:06 PM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have never seen anyone try to shovel(?)snow with a dust pan... Yikes Lola, you'd be shoveling till next winter. Let the snow melt on its onw, heck its only water after all...Shovel, smuvel, LOL!!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#173464 - 02/03/09 02:59 AM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yep gas is new to NI as thier was always the fear of it being bombed. some houses have gas it was a big thing it being brough back becouse of peace process.....ah thats the wonder of gas....ise't that how the jingle went.

yes oil lola and outside boilers with massive tanks... its trippled in cost at lest and ast year i know a few single parent families without oil so no heating in the house for mounths. This years been worse.

sounds like your familie looked after you well lola nice to see for a change. smile good you let them smile

why haven't you learned welsh?

#173472 - 02/03/09 05:29 AM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: celtic_flame]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Shoveling snow with a dust pan! Lola, that cracked me up LOL.

Poet and essayist

#173473 - 02/03/09 07:28 AM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Yep. My son and DIL thought that my dustpan idea was going to be a backbreaking endeavour against a foot and a half of snow. Went back inside and considered table salt. Not enough, I reckon. So, the 6-month newlyweds decided it was a good idea to unpack the boxes, flattened and laid them out in the pathways.

I know some Welsh phrases, Celt. Enough to greet and thank people but, I find Welsh a difficult language to learn. Could also be a case of "old-dogs-new-tricks".

Some buses and rail services are still "inconvenienced" by snowfall. London was on a massive skive yesterday and some skiving is still likely for today. What an amusing and perplexing circumstance it must be for Russians. LOL!

But, then again, it really does not snow that much in the UK like Russia. We get rain.

#173488 - 02/03/09 01:45 PM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: Lola]
celtic_flame Offline

yea a cannadian online frend said it was -33 for them! i can't even imagine it but my canadian now heer frend said they have in house insolasion and heating systems that can cope with that temp, unlike us!

a foot and a half po told me 6 inches lol

yep say that it looks like more snow or skiving today.

we had sleet then hail this morning, it was sunny half an hour ago and its ment to be colder still tonight lol. seems like a normale day eh!

#173489 - 02/03/09 01:46 PM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

lola how trulie english to be talking about he weather. I still rember what you said about me eating a hanburger like how I do...consider yourself gotten back lol.

#173493 - 02/03/09 03:05 PM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Has London survived the great white out? So, what was the final count? An inch? 6 inches? A foot?

Celtic, did you eat a hamburger with your hands, like it was intended? Do you eat your fries with your hands, or cut them up in small pieces and use your fork?

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#173505 - 02/03/09 04:41 PM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

lmao
i eat my chips with my hands (fries) but cut my burger into 1/4 with my knife and i may have eaten it then with my knife and fork.....yes she said i ate my burger like an english person!
not even a scot but an english person, thats a bit like calling you a canadion only not meaning it as a compliment so its a bit diffrent, lol.

so you agree us non americans do eat burgers with our cutlary that makes us non americans lol. .....i though i was just being dantie and ladylike, you know me!

pizza can be done with hands but if you have a salad and coleslaw you gotta use cutleriee.

apart from burgrs you are ment to eat all food with knife and fork! even, bread and butter in my dads familie. no hands at all, thiyd been chopped off.

what do you all eat the salad on the side of the plate with thats extra to the one on your burger?....

Thats WHY burger king & McD has no cutlery lmaoooo i just worked it out.

#173535 - 02/03/09 07:00 PM Re: Snow Day and Procrastination [Re: celtic_flame]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Quote:

Celtic, did you eat a hamburger with your hands, like it was intended

Originally Posted By: celtic_flame
.....yes she said i ate my burger like an english person!
not even a scot but an english person, thats a bit like calling you a canadion only not meaning it as a compliment so its a bit diffrent, lol.

LOLOLOLOL!!!

Your exchange made me laugh so loud, I could have woken up the dead.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved