The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#17240 - 02/10/06 02:47 AM A Delicious Treat
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Did you dieting, weight conscious ladies know that there are several fabulous tasting sugar free COFFEE MATE creamers on the shelves? I am a night time snacker and thats always been my downfall, until NOW!!!! I found French Vanilla sugar free Coffee Mate creamer that is so rich and creamy tasting and every night I pour a glass of tea (hate coffee butit would be good there too) and use the Coffee Mate in it and sip it slowly. It tastes as good as ice cream and settles that sweet tooth craving. Try it, there are several delicious flavors available, all sugar free.....yummy. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

#17241 - 02/13/06 05:10 AM Re: A Delicious Treat
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Checking the super market I found that there isn't much out there these days that you can't get SUGAR FREE....Candy, ice cream, soda and a multitude of good tasting foods. Who says you have to feel deprived on a diet?

#17242 - 02/13/06 07:16 PM Re: A Delicious Treat
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Just be careful you don't over-do the artificail sweeteners. We've experienced upset stomachs in this house due to too much sugar free candy!

#17243 - 02/13/06 11:21 PM Re: A Delicious Treat
ladybug Offline

At the moment the only sugar-free stuff I have in the house is gum.

What has happened to gum that I am not even able to find any made with real sugar?

#17244 - 02/14/06 04:46 AM Re: A Delicious Treat
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I pass by most sugary or artificially sugared treats as a rule but it is nice to know that when wanting to splurge once in awhile you can go sugar or sugar free. Most artificially sugared candy gives me enough painful gas etc. that I leave it alone. Something in it that is nasty to the gut...I nearly died from some kind of allergic reaction recently to an over comsumption of Splenda. Scary!!!

#17245 - 02/14/06 06:16 AM Re: A Delicious Treat
ladybug Offline

Chatty, you are very correct in guessing something in artificial sugar gives you gas, it's called aspartame and any of its derivitives. Parents are also cautioned to feed their children this additive in very small amounts if at all. I discovered it in my childrens vitamins and called the company to protest the use of it over real sugar.

[ February 13, 2006, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#17246 - 02/16/06 06:36 PM Re: A Delicious Treat
Patty Gale Offline

Loc: near Milwaukee, WI
We had an incident in which my daughter ate almost a whole pack of sugar-free gum (unbeknownst to me) in one day.

The poor kid was in the bathroom every 15 minutes. It was terrible. I have never liked the taste of sugar-free anything... just a personal preference.

Even regular gum is now made with some type of sugar-substitute. The only gum I have found that still has real sugar in it is Big Red and that's only because I happened to read the label one day.

I guess what "irks" me is that unless you make it a point to read the label, you just don't know because it's not stated anywhere else on the package that they are using these chemicals instead of real sugar.

Patty

#17247 - 02/17/06 08:59 AM Re: A Delicious Treat
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
One of my kids once ate a whole pack of Vela Mints before and during church.

BIG MISTAKE.

I don't think we've bought them since.

#17248 - 02/17/06 02:05 AM Re: A Delicious Treat
ladybug Offline

I read the labels on everything since becoming vegetarian almost 11 years ago.

I avoid everything with aspartame and their derivitives as well as anything else made with any type of artificial sugar. I don't like the taste of artificial sugar. I like gum as a way to freshen breath but it is hard to find gum with real sugar in it. I get tired of buying the same flavor all the time so that's why I've put up with it in my gum.

I just don't understand why all this stuff is made with it.

#17249 - 02/17/06 03:13 AM Re: A Delicious Treat
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Try bubble gum most have natural sugars and taste great too.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved