The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#172506 - 01/24/09 02:23 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: celtic_flame]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Am I the only one who doesn't know what to do there?! I got on my facebook site last night, and then just sat there...I honestly don't know what to do. It's not like here, where we chat about all sorts of things. I find it very static, compared to the dynamics of BWS. I've joined a few groups there, but haven't found them interesting or enjoyable or sustaining enough. What do you DO when you're on Facebook?!

(Maya Angelou)

#172508 - 01/24/09 02:26 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lynnie, it's so good to see you here again! I missed your light and voice. Welcome back!

I prefer Myspace, and have a page there, but can't figure out what to do about my email address. It's changed, but I can't change it on Myspace because the confirmation emails go to my OLD address, so I'm not able to confirm the changes! Duh. I've emailed customer service on Myspace, but their emails go to the old address too! It's like a dog chasing it's own tail and never getting anywhere. Anyway, I'll try to connect with you there.

(Maya Angelou)

#172509 - 01/24/09 02:31 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: Eagle Heart]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
its recentlie been changed and their a new formate even profile pages are difrent and i can't find my applicasions or games.

with old way people sent you flowers-flying pigs to anything you can imagine and you'd send them to some of your frends they show up on your profile page. that part was nice BUT i got to point i was refusing them becouse i was just overwhelmed with them.

go to the wall's of your frends and write on them just asking how their doing or whatever and they do the same.

personal messages are sent via privatre mail as everyone can read whats on the "wall" on facebook.

find some sillie game to play, i feed and fought warewolves, vampires, zombies and monster slayers.

i also played a game called "owened" were you buy and sell your frends pics and you get more fake cash (points) and go high on a leaderboared the top 25 for an aerea is showen.
I made new freds via that game and also formed alleginses to help the "group" get higher on the leader boared.

thats about it.

i was in the other day and didn't know what to do as i did for last lot of times becouse of the changies lol. so like you i did nuthing. I don't have the time to learn it at present apart from sending privat messageds which is all i am doing now.

apart from the game owened and the monster stuff their was little direct interaction (apart from sending applicasions flowers etc) and private messages.

It not like this place and won't be unless your talking in one to one private messages or in group messages which can be fun.

heers the onlie place like heer out their that iv found lol. if you find something else similare let me know smile This place suites me better.

#172516 - 01/24/09 04:06 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: celtic_flame]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I found that Facebook is more of a place to stay in contact with family and friends. It's not a forum at all, of course. You can share photos and stay in touch in short messages. You can jump to someone else's page and see their photos and what's going on in their life. Sometimes through that, you find other people you know and catch up with them. I love it!

#172517 - 01/24/09 04:07 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: ladyjane]
ladyjane Offline

And yes, Lynne look me up!

#172521 - 01/24/09 05:15 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: ladyjane]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I am, only because GroovyUKlass wanted me to be. She and I write messages to each other, there. Linda has a more extensive setup than I do on facebook. The only time I use it, is when I get an email notification that she has written on my wall. Then I write her back on her wall.

#172522 - 01/24/09 05:16 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: ladyjane]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea its definatlie not a forum but via games you can meet a lot of new people from all over the world. I don' think you'd get type of frendships and connecting you'd get heer unless you alreadie know the person. About 3/4 of people that are my frends i do not know, about 1/3 i do did comunicate with regulary and a few quite sincerlie.

klady jane, eagle and lynn look me up too if you need help or don't rember my name just pm me i tell you the network and name so you can find me, and i either will or won't send you flowers or a knowme depending on if you want applicasions lol.

i glade to know as many people in amy age range use it i meet a good few but a lot of veery young ones too.

#172563 - 01/24/09 09:13 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: celtic_flame]
jabber Offline

cletic,
Next time I go into facebook, I'll check you out!

#172583 - 01/24/09 10:46 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: jabber]
ladyjane Offline

Celtic, I need to know how to look you up, dear! PM me if you like! Jabber, too!

#172623 - 01/25/09 02:14 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: ladyjane]
jabber Offline

Okay. Fine, Ms. ladyjane. Nice to see your smiling, Southern face!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved