The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#171918 - 01/19/09 03:57 PM Who's on Facebook?
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
I recently joined Facebook and am having a ball! I've found some people...what fun! I'm wondering if any of you have pages there?

#171922 - 01/19/09 03:59 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: ladyjane]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I do...but I haven't done anything with it. I don't find these places "user-friendly." But then again, I don't have a lot of patience. Oh wait..yes I do...My kids say I have tons because I've never used any....

#171923 - 01/19/09 04:01 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: ladyjane]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i am on facebook Lady Jane, i used to go in a good bit now its quite some time between my visistes.
I got feed up with all the applicasion sending lol but did enjoy the conversasions and frendships i was making.

i also changed my locasion just to make it harder to find me lol. as my location for real is so small the whole place find me lol.

#171928 - 01/19/09 04:13 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: celtic_flame]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I used to be on Facebook, but felt creeped out at times by some of the people who wanted to be my "friend". I started getting weird messages and lots of spam.

(Maya Angelou)

#171996 - 01/19/09 08:53 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: Eagle Heart]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Interesting.....I feel the security is quite good. You can only view my page if I let you be a "friend." You can deny or accept any invitation. I've found it a great way to connect. My daughter got me into it. I've found a few old high school buddies, have some work friends and old church friends. It's been nice.....just wondering if anyone has used it. Thanks!

#171997 - 01/19/09 09:09 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: ladyjane]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
I am on Facebook as well as LinkedIn and MySpace. I'm not on there very often, but have found several people that are a 'blast from the past' LOL I do get 'friend' requests from people I don't know - those I just deny or ignore. I tried Second Life but couldn't get the hang of it; same with Twitter. Part of the problem is not enough time to thoroughly check out what's there.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#172028 - 01/20/09 05:51 AM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: yonuh]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
No haven't put myself on Facebook and MySpace. It's enough for me to participate in 2 different internet forums after work.

Somehow probably through automated harvesting of links, I'm on LinkedIn via what I've done for my jobs that's already on the Internet. But profile not activated by me for expansion.

On lower list of priorities. This month, I just started a new job that involves developing and rolling out an organizational wide piece of software. Then need to get back into work-related organizations on the Internet.

I can't even look at more personal, non-job social networking web tools right now.

#172134 - 01/21/09 02:22 AM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: orchid]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I'm on Facebook and MySpace. I'm trying to get with it.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#172140 - 01/21/09 03:20 AM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: Saundra]
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm on Facebook and especially stay in touch with my younger relatives that way.

#172221 - 01/21/09 07:08 PM Re: Who's on Facebook? [Re: DJ]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I signed up about a month ago when my son joined and 'invited' me to be his friend. I don't go there too often - I feel like I'm snooping on my kids when they were little.... But, on a whim, I did a search and found that several of my friends (listed in my email) are also members.

I' invited' them to be my 'friend' - at least they are in my age bracket. Can't wait to explore why they are on Facebook. Probably all joined because of their kids, also.

God, I feel old..... But, I think it's important to keep current. My Dad was just boggled over my the computer and had NO concept of the internet. As hard as it is to keep up with today's technology - if you don't 'use it - you loose it'

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved