The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#171568 - 01/16/09 06:42 PM Fashion action for right now...things to try.
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
There are many new trends that will start now and hold for many years. There is a major change in fashion and what people will pay for. The new trends, or a lot of them are:

depression dressing:
This is the return of the fashion before and after the depression of 1929. There will be flapper fringe on things and on the other side, sack dresses, reminding us of the late thirties and forties.

One sleeved dresses and tops. This trend falls in line with the "goddess," type dressing. The clothes will be made of fabric rich in shimmer and be made to be worn in the daytime. Buying one top of dress this way would be good, and if you need to wear a bra with this, as we all do, I am guessing, us a strapless and all will be well!

Sportswear, modified for daytime dressing, even evening.
This will be extra long "sweatshirts," made of different fabric and mean to be worn to work or out. They will be accompanied by tights of different colours of the capri length. There will be sweat suit style pants cut capri and made in shiny black, and other spring colors. This look has my star because it is comfortable, affordable, easy to wear and in all colours.

Look for Arabian colors and some from India. Those like Dotsie who wear pink, and for Dotsie herself, try hot pink or a deep, blue pink to show your power yet keep yourself open as pink will do.

Lots of geometric prints in ourtageous geometrics! These are not the usual geometric prints, these are made of color and will be more extreme prints. If you like the geometric fabrics, now is the time to get them on all price levels. If you like, ask me about stores for all price points.

80's are back: Ripped lace, ripped denium and in suits, big shoulders again. These suits will be more "street," this time for they are to appeal to those who never got the chance to wear them in the 80's. Hey, we know how to wear that so I say, dig in. Meredith, this may be something you can wear and in CA this will be big on the street.

Also of: Graffiti, punk, and hip hop influenced clothing will be available. This is to go with the 80's ripped trends. Remember to get the "scrunch socks," that used to be worn with everything! Socks with heels will be back again and again, Meredith may like this?

"Skin accessories." Alligator or faux alligator being the most popular. The faux will be available in abundance for those who are "green." If you collect bags, it's teh year for the alligator!

BOLD jewelry. Often in non precious material will be popular. Necklaces that run from your neck to your belly button will be out to buy. Any large size necklace that you have or buy will work with all of these new trends.

Short boots, of color, with fishnets... hmmmm

Baggy Bags. No structure, BIG bags are in, and they will be in all colors and price points. This is a reaction to the "carry all," bags that are encouraged by the green folk. Some of them are very nice and can really make an outfit, you can hold your purse and be dressed that easily! They will be large, the larger the better. If you have back problems, stay away! If you, again, collect bags, now is the time to get yourself a big one!

The beret is back...

Big black sunglasses and many will wear them indoors. The 80's again... You might trhy them in a smaller lense. The look is very cool and sunglasses worn in a mall or public place can keep the people from bothering you by making eye contact, it's good for concentration... You can always take them off for a better look at something.

Colors: Big on pink, red, and light green or blue. Red will be a power color and pinks will be bright, again, a nod to India where pink is black as it is here in America. It is always good to have something in a pink if you like color even if you like to wear it with purple like Yonuh or Celtic!

Yonuh and Celtic, you might want to look for mustard to wear with solid red. If you get some shimmer on the pant or the top, you will look fab!

If anyone else wants some suggestions or info, please ask!

Dress on, March on!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#171571 - 01/16/09 07:00 PM Re: Fashion action for right now...things to try. [Re: dancer9]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Also of: Graffiti, punk, and hip hop influenced clothing will be available.

BOLD jewelry. Often in non precious material will be popular. Necklaces that run from your neck to your belly button will be out to buy. Any large size necklace that you have or buy will work with all of these new trends.....AND staking of rings and braclets are still big over heer. 3 or 4 neclacsies all at once with the diffrent lenths. I been doing this and bangles few at a time (not hard braclets but soft bangles) for last mounth.

cheek out Riana she doing gold, 3 neclackes when everyone else is doing silver, or white gold. i love silver so still ther so is rhianna putting her foot dowen or is their a swing back to gold, christmass dark nights always good for silver and sparkle i think anyway. This being january its garnet for birthstone and i think that looks better with gold, brings rickness for each coler.

hmmm real dimons, real gemstones but also cz or any other created dimond are all being worn together, along with prsiouse metals (silver gold platnum) and just shiny pretend silver (don't know what its called exept steal lol)

is that happening in USor just heer, looks like music crossing cultures fashionwise anyway.

oh and dancing looks great with "There will be flapper fringe on things" saw that in clubs over christmass.

#171577 - 01/16/09 07:12 PM Re: Fashion action for right now...things to try. [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

thanks for hesads up about mustard will have a look at whats about.

i still riding the coat tails of the punk/goth rivaval (not in its extreem form) like an extra from a blade movie lol

Thers a new underworld part 3 i think, rise of the lychin, it will infuense also the goth/vamp people smile

#172147 - 01/21/09 06:51 AM Re: Fashion action for right now...things to try. [Re: celtic_flame]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dancer, I ALWAYS wore little ankle socks with my heels LOL -- except my bad knees haven't liked heels for decades, so I'll just stick to my funky socks.

I was at the LA Convention Center this past weekend to buy beads but I also took time out for a wild fashion show. Choreographed by Danny Teeson. Lots of gorgeous layers of ripped lace etc. I tried to go to the booth selling it but they were mobbed. BTW, Dancer, I picked up some cool giant black agate beads and will be sending pics as soon as I make them up.

I sell gold and silver jewelry almost equally, for 2 years since gold came back in. Smaller amounts of antique silver and copper. I'm making an inexpensive "street" line for Hollywood. Mixing up different metals and unexpected touches.

Celtic, Rise of the Lycans starts this Friday in theaters.

Poet and essayist

#172159 - 01/21/09 12:22 PM Re: Fashion action for right now...things to try. [Re: meredithbead]
celtic_flame Offline

will you be going to see it MB?

lol yes i know it had to be soon. I was pregnant and watched the first one, (this the thired) if you get a chance to see it cheek out the head lycan (wearwolfs name) i swear it was subconcsiouse and i didn't relise untill robert phoned in the middle of watching the first one on dvd when l was about 1.5 years. One very red faced ladie lol.

we been enjoying a goth punk revival for about 1.5 years now, right up my street (in some ways lol)

#172171 - 01/21/09 12:54 PM Re: Fashion action for right now...things to try. [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
meredith, my daughter shares the love of funky socks with you. She has more socks than Carter has liver pills. (That's one of Mom's old sayings.)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved