The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#170697 - 01/10/09 07:13 PM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: DJ]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Thanks for providing this. The symptoms sound far too familar so I'll be talking to my doctor this month about it.

I have to see my doctor every month anyway to maintain my disease so it makes it easy to check other things!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#170719 - 01/10/09 11:19 PM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: dancer9]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
DJ, I hope you get your Wii...Dell had a good bundle, the Wii console with Wii Fit. I'm loving that Wii Fit! Today I went slalom skiing, did some strength training, balance training and tried dodging balls and sneakers again! It sure makes exercising fun...I laugh so hard when those sneakers hit me smack in the face.

We go to Cuba. My husband's family has been going for almost 20 years. They've "adopted" a family/village there, so we go back every year to visit and bring things that we know they need. I only started going there in 2003, and sometimes find it overwhelming, because no matter how much we bring, it's never enough. These people are so beautiful, generous, kind and capable, but just don't have the basics. Many in the rural areas don't have running water, electricity, glass windows or mosquito-proof housing. Over the past year, the people in our village were the hardest hit by Hurricane Ike. Some of their roofs blew off, many lost their homes and won't be there when we visit next month. So the need will be even greater this year than ever before. But we can only do what we can...I wrote in my Spanish notebook last year (in Spanish) - "we can only do what we can - it has to be enough."

But it's not all mission. We spend plenty of time sitting around the pool, swimming in the ocean, walking the incredible white beaches under hot sunny skies and always enjoy playing cards/board games with other tourists. Many of the same tourists come back every year, so it's like a family reunion every year. In fact, I have more of a social network and friends there than I do here. So it's always a joy to get back there and visit everyone again.

(Maya Angelou)

#170721 - 01/10/09 11:25 PM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

PS, to answer your question, I used to snorkel, but had a near-drowning several years ago; now panic makes me hyperventilate as soon as I try to go underwater with the mask & snorkel, even in three feet of water!!! I really tried last year, tried to talk myself through it, but it didn't work. We gave all our gear away last year, and didn't get around to buying new stuff, so won't be snorkelling this year.

(Maya Angelou)

#170801 - 01/11/09 02:36 PM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I don't want to hijack this topic and make it about the Caribbean because the information being shared is helpful, but I'd love to be a stowaway.

It might be neat if you begin a post about your Cuba trip and share the types of items you take along. I wouldn't mind jumping on your band wagon and sending you some things.

Okay, back to Adrenal Fatigue.

#170802 - 01/11/09 02:37 PM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Question - if one cuts out white breads, don't you also need to cut out white rice, certain cereals, and what else?

#170803 - 01/11/09 02:37 PM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Is it anything with white flour?

#170808 - 01/11/09 02:50 PM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: Dotsie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Originally Posted By: Dotsie
Question - if one cuts out white breads, don't you also need to cut out white rice, certain cereals, and what else?

Originally Posted By: Dotsie
Is it anything with white flour?

Dotsie, Christiane Northrup talks about removing all the white stuff from our diets in her book "The Wisdom of Menopause". I don't remember what she said though, so will reread and post what I find here. It will be later today, unless others can answer with more expertise than I can right now. I know there's a lot of good information out there about the why of eliminating white flour from our diets.

Here at home, we've done well at replacing white bread and white pasta with whole or multi-grain choices (except when houseguests come, but now we've decided we're not catering to any more white flour diets...they'll just have to eat what's here.) But we haven't found a brown rice that hubby likes, so haven't changed that one - yet. I'm not sure if white rice is on the same level as white flour products.

(Maya Angelou)

#170954 - 01/12/09 01:40 PM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: Eagle Heart]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan

Suzanne Summers has a wealth of information in many of her books. She takes a lot of flack over it but she does her research and walks the walk. The main stream medical profession is totally against her - but, bio-identical hormones won't make the pharmaceutical industry $$$. I have done her 'diet' and was successful - but it is very different from the mainstream way of dieting. More along the lines of food combining from back in the 80's. She has a new book out 'Breakthrough' - haven't read it yet, but her one prior to this 'The Sexy Years' is great. Her info on adrenal burnout is extensive.

#170975 - 01/12/09 05:57 PM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: browser57]
Eagle Heart Offline

Here's a simplistic explanation of the "No White Foods" diet. I haven't had time to dig out excerpts from Northrup's book, she explains the white food issue from a menopausal perspective. I'll continue to research, but this is a basic place to start:

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-No-White-Foods-Diet&id=160033

(Maya Angelou)

#171039 - 01/13/09 12:58 AM Re: Adrenal Fatigue [Re: DJ]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Here is a link to an article in Dr. Northrup's newsletter regarding adrenal fatigue.

http://www.drnorthrup.com/womenshealth/healthcenter/topic_details.php?topic_id=94

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved