The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#175645 - 02/24/09 07:11 PM Re: special empty nest dynamics single women face [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
oh i forgott your a big softie with animals so you treating a mongral dog better than him probably good treatment compared to some smile

#175936 - 02/27/09 10:41 PM Re: special empty nest dynamics single women face [Re: celtic_flame]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The news now is my ex got a seventeen week extension on his unemployment and has stopped looking for a job. Anyone know a good hit man, or woman?

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#175958 - 02/28/09 01:27 AM Re: special empty nest dynamics single women face [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty my dear friend. You have to be on the outside looking in. You KNOW what advice you would give anyone in this situation. Take the bull by the horns...

#176434 - 03/05/09 11:01 PM Re: special empty nest dynamics single women face [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thats exactly right Chick.

Well my friends, after much agonizing and soul searching, I have made a decision that hopefully will be beneficial to me and my ex.

I am allowing my ex to remain here until Dec. 2010. That will give him ample opportunity to find worthwhile employment and save enough money to be able to move himself and all his stuff without being under the gun, so to speak.

When he is working I barely see him anyway. He cooks for himself and does all his own laundry, and still will shop or run errands for me if I ask him to.

This wasn't an easy decision but the only one I seem to be able to live with. Plus I can save a nice amount of money as well. This is all stipulated on his getting a job and paying rent. No rent, no place to live! No one is that generous, not even me.
I'll just have to wait and see how things play out.

#176457 - 03/06/09 05:04 PM Re: special empty nest dynamics single women face [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty it sounds like you have come to a happy medium. At least you won't have the stress of it now. That in itself is worth it. What is he field?

#176473 - 03/06/09 08:36 PM Re: special empty nest dynamics single women face [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you really mean 2010? Oh my, that's a long time. However, if he's pitching in, that sure makes sense. You have to look out for yourself financially. I just can't stand the fact that he's there and it makes you unhappy in your own home.

Maybe he could turn his checks over to you and you could budget for him so he has enough money to move when the time comes? Sounds like dealing with a teen, but hey, if it works, go for it.

#176478 - 03/06/09 09:43 PM Re: special empty nest dynamics single women face [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Chick, I think I may have and all I can do is wait and see now. His field varies from Collection's to Customer Care or even Sales. He went to Drake Universitry on the G.I. bill and got his degrees in Political History. He is a literal genius book wise, but too dam dumb common sense wise to cross the street alone, I kid you not!!

He should have been a teacher then a college professor which is what he was going for, but his 'then wife' wanted the big bucks and nagged him into a job in Insurance. He did very well there for over ten years and then they divorced and he literally fell apart, lost his job and became a (????? whatever he is ????)

He has the chance for yet another collection job and will find out this week for certain if they're hiring him.

Dotsie we have an arrangement of that nature so he does have the cash to get out as soon as possible BUT with a deadline of 2010. This guy has to have a deadline or he'd hang out here forever.
Dealing with a stupid man far out weighs having to deal with a teen. It is far more disturbing because he is by age, an adult.

I hate this person from his head to his toes but this may be the best way to handle things in order for no one to get hurt in the long run. I keep my sanity and he does everything he can to be agreeable so I don't call the sheriff NOW/TODAY and have him forceably removed.

Its something that is far better than what we were doing.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved