The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#170220 - 01/07/09 02:06 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Edelweiss3]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Thank you dear sisters, well he hasn't been treated yet and he is still in the hospital. He is suppose to have a stint(SP) put in his colon. They are hoping to be able to treat him this way instead of abdominal surgery. Anyway, he was suppose to have this done yesterday, then it had been postponed until today and now it is postponed until tomorrow.

Either way, I am going this weekend. I was planning on going anyway. I am taking leave next week and I was planning on spending the early part with my parent's and then drive to Blacksburg to see Sofia and Zoey. Can you believe Zoey is going to be a year old next Friday?

This waiting is frustrating, I am packed and living in my suitcase at home so I can just be ready to grab and go!

Thanks so much for your support, this is where I come to find comfort.

Love and Hugs,
Cathi

#170236 - 01/07/09 11:25 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Cathi, I want to send prayers for you and your Dad. Sorry I am late coming here. Love your new name.

#170255 - 01/07/09 01:51 PM Re: My Dad [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, glad to hear you're going. Remembering you in prayer this week.

#170406 - 01/08/09 07:55 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Dotsie]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Cathi, I will be thinking of you and praying. Big Hugs!!

#170672 - 01/10/09 02:45 PM Re: My Dad [Re: diamond50]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thank you, I haven't left yet! I have kept in touch with my dad everyday and the doctors still haven't put the stint(SP). They just want to make sure they do it properly.

Anyway, Sofia is here with Zoey and Zoey's dad. They are trying to get work things out for Zoey. They agreed, if nothing else, they should try to be friends. Zoey's 1st birthday is Friday the 16th. Can you believe it? Anyway, they came this weekend to celebrate Zoey and another baby's first birthday together. That worked out well since I am not going to be able to be in Blacksburg for her first birthday.

I am going tomorrow to Northern VA, and I am taking the week off work. It worked out well because we had major deadlines at work this past week and contract negotiations are coming up. With the newspapers not doing well, and this economy, we are giving them even more than before in order to not give them an excuse for not renewing their contracts. So that worked out well and I am able to see Zoey, who I haven't seen in a month.

Now I can have this peace when I get there and really try to spend some peaceful quality time, rather than a hurried one.

This is an answer to prayer definitely and I so appreciate the support.

I will be taking my computer with me, and I can keep in touch!

I love you all alot!

Cathi

#170819 - 01/11/09 03:20 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Cathi, thanks for the update.

Boy have things changed for Sophia. I'm sure this brings you some peace. You've had lots on your plate this last year. Happy to hear this is working out well for the sake of the baby.

Safe travel. Looking forward to hearing about your visit with Dad.

#170930 - 01/12/09 01:31 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Dotsie]
Wisdom&Life Offline

I arrived late this afternoon. I woke up this morning with conjunctivitis and my eye closed puffy shut. I went to my Patient First and was given an ointment anti-biotic. I haven't seen my dad yet, but my mom was home and my brother went to see my dad at the hospital. I am going tomorrow and hopefully I won't be contageous anymore.

Anyway, a friend of ours was at the house too and he gave me a positive update. and a clearer explanation. It seems my dad is doing better. They now suspect the obstruction is not from a mass, but from his intestines having twisted. Now there seems to be a flow when they look in the MRI. Poor guy, I had a tumor twist on my ovary before and it was painful.

I'll let you all know what happens...see, your prayers are helping. God is hearing you!

I love you all alot!

Cathi

#171124 - 01/13/09 08:04 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Well, my dad is home and I couldn't even give him a hug nor anyone for that matter. I still have the awful conjuctivitis and it is still crusting. YUK!

Anyway, we are spending some quality time together and I worry about his coughing so frequently. It's so sad to see him take a few steps and react as if he just finished a marathon race. He is on oxygen, but seems to be in better spirits.

I thought of cutting this trip short and saving my leave for later in case it is needed. But I have decided not to because this is the good quality time and it is going to be more useful. I will try to do what I can to get his morale up.

Thanks for all your prayers.

I love you all alot!

Cathi

#171126 - 01/13/09 08:19 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Cathi, so did they do nothing to fix it? I'm a little confused. How sad if they could give him no relief.

You're wise to stay. Make the most of the visit, and hope the eye clears up.

#171136 - 01/13/09 08:55 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Dotsie]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Yes, that was why they kept him in the hospital and monitored him everyday. By him being relaxed, the intestine was able to open. It is something he is going to have recurring they said. So whenever he starts to feel a little pain coming, he has to go to the hospital right away. I heard the hospice nurse tell him today they would be able to help him if he would rather stay home should this occur again.

It's awful and he is suppose to eat less fibers.

That's about all I am clear on as well.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved