The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#169982 - 01/04/09 02:27 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, I'm so sorry to hear this news. He has surely battled and you have certainly been there for him. Please know I'll be lifting all of you in prayer. Be smart while you're driving. Maybe you have an inspirational tape or station you can listen to on the way that will give you peace and calm. I hope so.

You are wise to go. Live in the moment while you are with him and affirm his life while you sit with him. Bless you.

#169983 - 01/04/09 02:33 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Those inspirational tapes that minister to the soul are so very
helpful. Someone gave me a Cristy Lane, songs of Passion compact
disc. I listened to it on the way to see my friend yesterday.
What a help. Prayers and blessings Cathi!

#170060 - 01/05/09 01:48 PM Re: My Dad [Re: jabber]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Lola, thank you so much.

Dotsie and Jabber, one thing I have learned to do was utilize the time I spend on my trips. Interesting enough, I love to drive and travel, although this wasn't what I had in mind, but I work hard to try to look at obstacles as opportunities.

I love to listen to talk radio and I have a streamlink membership with one of my favorite shows I can download and listen to when I can. I listened to many inspirational audio books. I am so glad for these resources.

Anyway, I am still on stand by and my bags are on a permanent pack and ready to go.

Love and Blessings,
Cathi

#170061 - 01/05/09 02:05 PM Re: My Dad [Re: Wisdom&Life]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I know how difficult a time like this can be. I recall when my
adoptive dad was in ICU. A day or two before he died, I looked into his face, and as sick as he was, I saw love in his smile.
Dad's are special people. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

#170124 - 01/05/09 11:23 PM Re: My Dad [Re: jabber]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Oh Cathi, I am so saddened to read this. Cancer is hell, for just that reason -- you never know. I hope that however much time he has left, he is as pain-free as possible.

Whatever happens, your love is a blessing to him and those around you.

Poet and essayist

#170126 - 01/05/09 11:31 PM Re: My Dad [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cathi, whenever you can, drop back in and let us know about your dad. I'm praying that peace will surround him and the rest of the family as this next journey begins.

I'm praying for all of you, and sending love.

#170141 - 01/06/09 12:48 AM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My prayers go out to you and your dad. Its so awful that when we become old we are not allowed the dignity to just close out eyes and go for a peaceful, permanent sleep, no muss, no fuss, no bother...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170142 - 01/06/09 12:50 AM Re: My Dad [Re: jawjaw]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
So sorry to hear about your Dad. Of course I'll hold all of you up in my prayers. Blessings to you.
www.tidedancer.com

#170146 - 01/06/09 01:09 AM Re: My Dad [Re: Sandpiper]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I'm sorry, Cathi! It's so hard when it's a parent, isn't it?
I am hoping and keeping you in my thoughts as well as thinking of his soul and hoping he is and will stay at peace throughout his process.

I'm glad he is letting the medicine help him with the pain and to make things bearable.

Remember that however you feel is fine and to give yourself room to care for yourself and to think, feel and comfort yourself. Your Dad would want that for you.

I'm also sorry you must stay in a permanent state of "wait," at this time, not knowing when you will have to travel.

Stay strong but stay you. I know you have many who love you and are there for you.

I'll keep you in my thoughts,

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#170162 - 01/06/09 08:55 AM Re: My Dad [Re: dancer9]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Cathi, I remember when my Dad was terribly ill. I was at rock bottom at the time. I think it is so devastating to see a father turn weak and dependent, a person who represented strength and love, and a role model as well. I can imagine, for many of us, our fathers have filled such a role.
But then when my dad peacefully closed his eyes, I felt relieved that this pillar of strength could finally stop struggling, and be at peace and one with God.
This is a painful journey, and it is good that you come here and share with us. And as unselfish as you are, you request prayers for your mother. Hopefully a little of that pain is relieved for your whole family.
You are in my thoughts and prayers, Cathi.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved