The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#16965 - 10/06/05 10:47 PM Me & Hubby having dieting success
Dian Offline

Loc: Moundsville, WV
My husband and I started the Fat Flush Plan http://www.fatflush.com or more info at http://annlouise.com/index.asp

Anyway - it cuts out all the stuff that we might be sensitive to, including salt, sugar, wheat, dairy and regular oils, caffeine and foods with additives.

But we eat a lot of food. 2 eggs are allowed everyday PLUS 16 oz of lean meat - no pork.

All the green veggies you want.

2 cups of berries

SteviaPlus is the only allowed sweetener
Day begins and ends with 8oz of cranwater with a teaspoon of physillium husks (fiber)
Next is 8oz of hot water with 1/2 of a lemon's juice (or a tablespoon from a bottle)
Cranwater is drank throughout the day - 48oz

Plus two tablespoons of Flaxseed Oil or meal or nuts...

Now - it has not been hard to follow once I found the pure cranberry juice (Knudsen's). It is mixed 4oz juice to 28oz purified water x 2 for daily intake.

Flaxseed stuff is easy to get - GNC or regular grocery store.

My husband has lost 21 pounds in 4 weeks, has stopped snoring, no longer has continuous sinus drainage and has more energy. His blood pressure has come down.

I have lost 10 pounds and my blood pressure is lower already.

I highly recommend it - once you get into the swing of things, it's easy to follow - the recipes are super easy to do.

I purchased my books at amazon

Fat Flush Program

#16966 - 10/07/05 02:10 AM Re: Me & Hubby having dieting success
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi Dian, sounds really great. Have you also noticed an improvement in the texture and overall appearance of the skin and hair?

#16967 - 10/07/05 08:45 AM Re: Me & Hubby having dieting success
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Wow. 21 pounds in a month? That's certainly a good endorsement! I'll check it out. Thanks, Dian!

Donna

#16968 - 10/08/05 07:12 AM Re: Me & Hubby having dieting success
Dian Offline

Yes to the hair and skin - it's the flaxseed oil.

#16969 - 10/25/05 01:26 AM Re: Me & Hubby having dieting success
Weight Loss Goddess Offline

Loc: Washington
Congratuations on your weight loss! Flax seeds are very good for you. I lost 8 l/2 pounds five years' ago in the first ten days of my program and I was thrilled! I know how excited you must be! Just wanted to say GO GIRL!
Kim
www.firstfitness.com/loseweightgainmoney

#16970 - 10/25/05 11:13 PM Re: Me & Hubby having dieting success
Stacy M. Offline

Loc: New Albany, Ohio
Dian ~
You say the diet cuts out wheat and dairy.
I'm guessing that pretty much eliminates all breads and cereals? I'm a carb addict. [Smile]
Where do you get your calcium? (very important for the ladies).

Will you ever go off this diet and do they support you in "eating normal" again?

I ask all these questions because my husband and I are famous for trying out all the eating programs. We may want to add this to our list?

Thanks!

#16971 - 10/25/05 11:24 PM Re: Me & Hubby having dieting success
Stacy M. Offline

Loc: New Albany, Ohio
Oops, answered my own question....
They do offer a Lifestyle Maintenance Plan.

Are you and hubby on that, yet? How's it going?

#16972 - 10/27/05 03:22 AM Re: Me & Hubby having dieting success
DallasGal Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Stacy - our family switched from wheat bread to rice bread and other grains when we started the "Body By God" all-natural plan www.bodybygod.com - I can't think of what it's called but we refer to it as the "Ezekiel" bread it has lots of good grains in it - basically getting rid of the wheat gets rid of the "gluten" which many of us are not aware we are sensitive too.

We switched from dairy to rice milk, almond milk, and soymilk - and let me tell you the CHOCOLATE of all of those kinds are perfect. =)

Hot chocolate rice milk is about one of the best things I have ever tasted and chocolate almond milk is delicious...like a hershey's w/ almond but liquid.

So for those who love chocolate and are looking for some healthier ways to get it, this might be an option.

We also started eating nothing but organic meats - talk about a difference in flavor!

Hubby and I are thrilled that our stores here are starting to carry more organic foods. Our kids love Amy's Pizza and Amy's Mac and Cheese.

#16973 - 11/01/05 01:42 AM Re: Me & Hubby having dieting success
Dian Offline

Hi all - a quick update:

The diet is stalled because I'm not feeling well, and without me preparing the SIMPLE meals (whine) or shopping for ingredients, it's a no - go.

On the other hand. Dave learned that he feels so much better while on the diet. His first day off of it wasn't too bad, but by the second day, he was bloated, irritable, and just plain "a pain."

We found Ezekial 4:9 bread at a Whole Foods in DC that we both just love. It has wheat sprouts, but does not cause any reqctions. No one around here sells it, though, it does freeze well. It's so yummy, I eat it without anything on it.

One of the tips is to find out which foods you are reactive to - in Dave's case, it's definitely wheat and dairy - and then try not to have them except once a week.

Variety is key and not eating foods back-to-back is also key.

We have found that we like the SteviaPlus better than Splenda, and SP does not raise our glycemic index. It's a little hard to get it to dissolve, but one packet equals two of the Splenda. Cost comes out to about the same.

We also like Rice milk -vanilla flavor. But haven't been using it.

Calcium comes with the proper veggies. Here's a great list (remember, an adult usually requires at least 700mg daily)
http://carrotcafe.com/f/calevel.html

Fat Flush also recommends a daily supplement - just in case.

Wendy - I'll check out your link - maybe I can find a place to mail-order the Ezekiel bread.

#16974 - 11/04/05 04:34 PM Re: Me & Hubby having dieting success
Dian Offline

A book I'm reviewing, The Maker's Diet by Dr. Rubin, is fascinating, and almost a duplicate of Fat Flush, except he studied the history and science of why God wanted us to eat a certain way. His story is amazing, as well. http://www.makersdiet.com/publicsite/interstitial.aspx

I don't see how you could go wrong with either diet.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved