The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#169058 - 12/27/08 01:46 AM Asked for a date...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Remember I mentioned meeting a new man, Glenn, at the resorts Christmas party. Well he sought me out and put a note on my door with his phone number asking me to please give him a call. Today I called and he asked me out on a date for New Years Eve. It would be with a bunch, six other couples all from the resort, and most I know well. I said yes! So for the first time in almost ten years, I have a date for New Years.
We'll see if this goes well???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#169061 - 12/27/08 01:58 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Chatty, enjoy yourself and kick up your heels. I'm absolutely charmed for you!

#169145 - 12/28/08 02:26 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Have a Wonderful Time. You deserve it.

#169219 - 12/28/08 10:02 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Having second thoughts for some reason today. I think I am getting too lazy to want to even bother anymore. Not a good thing to admit abbout nmyself, but a truth never the less.

#169255 - 12/29/08 01:13 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
its also easie to not bother is it lasiness or a wee fear about something....

push yourself take the time if not for this mans sake then for your woen and who you might meet and what you might do apart from being their witgh this man. its two issues one the person two the circumstanse. Iv got the same kinda circumstanse, problem and trying to find some kinda motivasion lol especiallie when the babiesitter could so easilie let me dowen in the end lmao.

#169256 - 12/29/08 01:14 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

are you a bit scared sorry just assumed their and didn't wanna chat for you, but howd do you feel about dating again?

#169313 - 12/29/08 01:31 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Chatty, you go and have a nice time.

I know what you mean about being too lazy. But it's only one date, and one time that you have to get ready and go. One date at a time, so to speak. smile

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#169329 - 12/29/08 02:50 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, how are you feeling about this today? I hope you get nervy and go. Since you enjoyed his company at the party, I bet you'll have a good time.

#169364 - 12/29/08 08:50 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

YOu are of course right ladies and I will be going. The bad thing is all of the people but me drink, and so I sit there watching them all get plastered and begin to behave badly. I already told Glenn, my date, that when it gets too weird I will say goodnight and he can either come along or stay with the party people.

I would love to go to the top of the Stratesphere, away from the New Years Eve revelers and watch the fireworks. Then maybe a late night supper somewhere calm, and quiet with good music, where we can actually hear one another talk.

#169368 - 12/29/08 09:13 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Chatty, I hope you have a good time. I know what you mean about making an effort, to get dressed, to go out, to meet and greet. At least you will be in a setting that is comfortable to you.

#169617 - 12/31/08 11:45 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yep PL, and I am taking my own car too, and meeting them all at the club. This way I can get up and split if I feel ike it.

#169619 - 12/31/08 11:49 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Oh, Chatty, I am waiting anxiously to hear about the evening. I hope you are having a wonderful time. Glenn is a lucky guy, tonight.

#169689 - 01/01/09 09:21 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Anno]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

It went well Anno. Had a nice dinner at the Venetian early enough to get off the strip before the party goers arrived and the streets were closed. Its a mad house here on New Years Eve. We went to Fremont Street and listened to the bands and then headed for a nice quiet cocktail lounge to listen to some Jazz and have a midnight snack. I got my first New Years kiss in many years, right at midnight, and right on!!! The man can kiss, whoop-tee-do! I was home by 3:00 a.m. All in all it was a lovely evening.

#169690 - 01/01/09 09:36 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Oh, sweetie! Did you make plans for a second date?
What did you wear?
Did you hold hands when you walked?
Did you dance?

More, girl, more!

#169691 - 01/01/09 10:06 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Anno]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A New Year's kiss from a good kisser to boot! Whoo Hoo!!!!!!

I'm with Anno...more details (giggle).

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#169711 - 01/02/09 12:46 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Mama Red]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Chatty, my ears are getting company,...My grin is THAT wide!!! Sounds like a perfect date; first party and then alone with your date.
I'm so very happy for you. smile

#169743 - 01/02/09 03:08 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dee Offline

Chatty...were there 'fireworks!!??'

#169745 - 01/02/09 03:41 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

"I was home by 3:00 a.m."

Holy Moly. You must have been enjoying yourself. I can't tell you the last time I was up until 3:00. What fun!

#169798 - 01/02/09 10:54 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well lets see, yes we danced to slow jazz and he is like six foot three and I believe I felt my knees go weak a time or two.

We held hands when strolling along and I was pleased to see that a couple of drinks were his limit.

When having our midnight snack, watching the fireworks, he asked for another date. I was stunned. What a gentleman he seems to be. He followed me home and waited until I was inside before driving away. Now thats class!

I also hope he will be at least a friend. I am so gun shy because of husband number three, the loser. He too said and did all the right things before we got married. Then as the night turned to day, he turned from the actor acting, to the real person he was...

This was nice but I am taking all the time I need to date BUT there will be nothing else as far as I am concerned. Once burnt, twice careful.

#169808 - 01/02/09 11:23 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

There's nothing wrong with being careful...and taking things slow....and being cautious. That makes you smart. Make him play by your rules...and if he cares enough about you, he'll respect them and you. I'm so glad you had a good time AND he's asked you out again...isn't it fun to find this at this point in your life?
Keep us posted on....uh what's his name?

#169814 - 01/02/09 11:45 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
cyclinggal Offline

Loc: Arkansas
ChattyLady -- sounds like you are doing what you need to do to protect yourself until you know this guy better. He should appreciate this in you. I think it takes a number of months (or years)to really get to know someone, and I think the best thing you can do is to see him in a variety of situations -- the day-in and day-out stuff -- not necessarily "dating". How is he with your friends, his friends, etc.

#169828 - 01/03/09 12:57 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: cyclinggal]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Chatty, I'm glad the night went well for you! I've been married 20 years, have had New Year's Eve with this hubby 24 years, and the only kisses I remember is from our doggies. He is a restaurant manager, and always works on New Year's Eve. However, he has a job! It is a good thing to be cautious and take your time. Wow, I hope you have a lot of fun.

#169851 - 01/03/09 12:54 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes ladies I fully intend to take it slow. His name is GLEN. He seems to have made many friends at the resort we live in for having been here less than a year, most are my friends as well.

At least you hubby is out working new years eve P.L. and not out boozing etc. Bless his heart!

I have been very fortunate in the past with my men doing it my way, and loving it. The only one that didn't was #3, he's been an ass right from the start. I am positive that if I hadn't been near a nervous breakdown due to exhaustion from my poor sisters MS/Dementia and my caring for her for five years alone, 24/7 before she died, plus working a fulltime job from home. I would not have been vulnerable to his lies. It's like I was in a trance or something. I have been paying for that ever since.

Someone said, "If you think education will cost you, try ignorance." Boy is that ever true!

#169918 - 01/03/09 10:59 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

NO need of that Anne, dating once in awhile is as far as I am willing to go. I still see my detective buddy too. We understand one another and just want to have companionship and fun when we are out and about together. He said he'd check Glen out for me if I want him to. I said nope, but I know him, he'll do it anyway and tewll me the results if there are any. I am too lazy to have to work on a relationship, blah, poohey!!!

#169961 - 01/04/09 05:02 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

That's so true, Chatty, that the jerks prey on those who appear to be vulnerable. Also true about my husband catering to the drunk and disorderly rather than being with them.

#171003 - 01/12/09 08:19 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I just got to this and I'm so happy to learn that you had a great date, Chatty. I hope you see him again and he remains "as is."

I can't do it again. It's been 5 years and I don't even want to. I liked having my guy friends at work, most of them are great. Now that the job is over I miss those hugs.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#171455 - 01/15/09 06:51 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Anne, maybe you should stick to hanging out with the girls and forget about the guys for a bit. Sometimes when we least expect it, something changes. I so hope that's the case for you! Keep hanging in there girlfriend.

Edited by Dotsie (01/15/09 06:51 PM)

#171617 - 01/17/09 12:30 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

And heres a recap on Glenn the man I almost got hooked up with...
OMG! Never a dull moment around here...Everything that happened in the past week around me is going into my book.

He is not married to the woman he was with, Cora not anymore. They have been divorced now for some 15 years. She got cancer of the pancreas and lost her home in New York where they were from and asked him if she could come here as her treatment would be in Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Arizona. He said okay and she has been here for about 6 months now.

What happened was, he called me, I hung up! Called again, same! So he came to my house with her and they sat down and explained. She was very friendly. He said he lied because no woman would believe a story like that. I about laughed myself silly saying, boy do I have a story for you and proceeded to tell him about my ex, who is now living with me. We all had a good laugh and he apologized and she said to me privately that he is really a nice guy. She said, he worked too much and she was bored. She had an affair and left him flat for someone else who she then married. and the new guy left her flat six years later after she became ill. I have to say, I like her.

So ladies I was wrong about Glenn. He is okay just a bad liar, with lots on his plate. He wants us to be an item, or at least date and I left it at maybe. So who knows?

#171644 - 01/17/09 02:48 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh good lord Chatty...you are assembling all this for a book release, right? The Adventures of Chatty...it would be a hoot!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#171739 - 01/17/09 10:37 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh yeah, ALL of my adventures will be published in my book, the positive ones and the negatives ones, so watch out...LOL!!!

#172398 - 01/23/09 06:38 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

godness iv just cought up with the latest chatty.

what wsse't clear was if you were still goinna see him,now since its a while since your maybee?

#172428 - 01/24/09 12:34 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
All I gotta say, Chatty,is, thank goodness we don´t know eachother personally... smile (JOKING bigtime here. grin )

and my advice..which you didn´t ask for, I know..but anyway..think twice..three times..four times..you don´t need him in your life. That´s my gut feeling..and, as you know, I have IBS..the "running" kind

HUGS!!!

#172433 - 01/24/09 02:01 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: humlan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

If I see him its okay, if not thats okay too. I am in my own world filled with things I must make time for, he may be included in them and maybe not!! I kind of like things the way they are now.

#172435 - 01/24/09 02:39 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Chatty, I'm back after visiting my mom and step f. Yours is the first thread I read. Seems it's always something, and at our ages, there is always a lot of history to contend with. L, PL

#172576 - 01/24/09 09:28 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Welcome back P.L., how is your mom doing? And yes it seems that is is always something. Sometimes pleasant, sometimes not so much!

#172643 - 01/25/09 04:56 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Chatty, my mom, not so good, but she still knows me, and responds to my reading aloud to her on spiritual stuff. I'll share more on the caring for parents forum. I thought of you there. They live in a great community for seniors. I so enjoyed walking everyday because it was a place where the seniors were out biking, walking dogs, going to the club house, golfing, swimming. Active. Friendly. The association fees are only 1000.00 per year for all of the ameneties. That's not bad.

#172773 - 01/27/09 12:55 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yee gads, that seems like a lot to me. I guess not paying any fees here has spoiled me. Didn't realize how lucky we all are here, I will be sure to mention this at our next meeting.

#172783 - 01/27/09 03:30 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Chatty, the community has a couple of beautiful pools. By beautiful I mean there are fountains, a wading pool, a lap pool, a shower by the pool, and it's heated. Tennis courts, golf course, club house, library... The irony is that in 1976 I bought land in that exact spot, and my parents who live in this community, said to me then, what are you doing in this ... forsaken desert... without a well to ... in. Now, it is an entire subdivision, with city services! It would be more ironic if I bought my parents house and spent my last years within walking distance of my first years. Make sense? I must have been a visionary. Wish I could predict the future now!

#172879 - 01/28/09 03:04 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
JackieG Offline

If only PL, we could all see things that are coming, wouldn't that be sweet- LOL - if you feel you have a gift for it, the next time you feel inspired to do something maybe you should run with it, within reason... I find just getting quiet and praying, helps me to find the answers in time.

Chatty, LOL -I wouldn't recommend saying anything about condo or community fees at your next meeting, because if someone who would profit from having fees for your community gets wind of that idea, just saying...

Edited by JackieG (01/28/09 03:04 AM)

#172888 - 01/28/09 10:54 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: JackieG]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yee gads, your so right Jackie. Mums the word, zipping my lips!!!

#172900 - 01/28/09 01:03 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jackie, I was thinking the same thing. Chatty, if you don't want to pay them, don't mention it. Yikes.

PL, sounds like a lovely retirement community. Is in it PA?

#174347 - 02/11/09 11:09 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Heres one for the books. I went to the bank today and the store and when I arrived home I found (one date with) Glen sitting in my living room talking to my ex, the mouch!

He stood up right away and said; I hope you don't mind sweetie, but I wanted to ask your ex if it was okay for us to attend the Valentines Day doings at the clubhouse on Saturday night.

My ex just sat there with a sinister smile on his face that made me want to slap it off. I lead Glen outside and told him in no uncertain terms, I wouldn't go with him now if he begged me on his knees. Then said 3 things. . .

Number 1, my ex has NOTHING to say about anything I do, reason he is called EX!!!

Number 2, who does he think he is coming to my home with me not being there, and he'd know because my car was gone?

Number 3, then I said get out, stay out and forget you know me.

Before slamming the back door I said; looks to me like he should be friends with my EX, they seem like two of a kind, both idiots. Goodbye!!!

As I closed the back door, I heard the front door close as well, my EX had escaped my temper by running off and avoiding me. BUT he has to show up sometime!!!!

#174351 - 02/11/09 11:44 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Quick, change the locks!!

#174353 - 02/11/09 11:53 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You are so funny Dancing Dolphin. Now where is that screwdriver???

#174472 - 02/13/09 03:28 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Yes, Chatty, throw his suitcase out in the yard, and change the locks. Men are so obtuse. If I recall the details correctly, this new guy has an ex as well, and you met the ex? Can't keep it straight, all this coming and going with

#174563 - 02/13/09 10:10 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Yes he has an ex, met the ex, she was very nice. He allowed her to come live with him while she receives treatment for cancer. They are friends to a drgree. TOO much baggage for me....

I am living it Princess and can barely keep it straight myself!

#174583 - 02/14/09 01:20 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Chatty, this all does sound like soap opera material. Don't you wanna get away?

#174585 - 02/14/09 02:58 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Chatty, below please find a link to locksmiths in your vicinity:

http://www.superpages.com/yellowpages/C-Locksmiths/S-NV/T-Las+Vegas/

#174638 - 02/14/09 09:58 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

It surely is a soap opera Lynn (AS THE STOMACH TURNS,) no one could make this stuff up, its too unbelievable not to mention stupid.

Oh and thats always been my thing. When I become overwhelmed I pick up and scidaddle, head for the hills. But this is my home etc. and I would lose everything. I think I can keep from blowing his head off awhile yet, at least I hope so.

#174770 - 02/15/09 11:45 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Glenn is a loser. He lied to you in the first place.

End of story IMHO. You have enough with your EX living at your place.

#174903 - 02/17/09 12:28 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

You are absolutely right Orchid. I am playing it close to home and very cool until I can get rid of the loser within. Other men don't even enter my mind, seriously.

#174947 - 02/17/09 03:16 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
How's that going? Did you get some info on senior housing around
the area? I know there are places in NY State who house people
in return for their monthly Social Security checks. Does Nevada
have any those facilities? Good luck in finding him another
place to stay!

#174984 - 02/17/09 08:16 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I am sure they do jabber, but his living conditions are not my problem to solve. He is sitting here today doing absolutely nothing. I am getting close to the end of my rope and then he is going to heve a real peoblem. I have a big heart for the most part, BUT once it closes, it stays closed to that individual.

#175048 - 02/18/09 02:54 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Chatty,
You sound like me. I take a lot of garbage. But once I'm done.
I'm done. Good luck.

#175251 - 02/20/09 03:25 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Some men are like kids: They'll push you to the edge, 'til you
can't take any more. Then you react and they wonder why!

#175302 - 02/20/09 11:50 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Who cares anyway?

As the old man said to his cronies, since food has replaced sex in my life, I can't even get into my own pants!

#175338 - 02/21/09 02:41 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

Heeeehawww haw! That's a goodie! And true, too.

#176162 - 03/03/09 01:43 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Guess who has been trolling around on E-Harmony? Yep, its me and they have already sent me 11 matches. There are 5 that have my curosity up. Hummmm!

#176175 - 03/03/09 08:08 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Oh boy, Chatty. You KNOW you must keep us posted on this. smirk And let us know when you are going on a date, and check in when you come back. whistle

Mother Edelweiss. smile

#176191 - 03/03/09 03:29 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

This is so cool. I can't wait to hear more.

I have a 20 semething friend who's doing the same. She's met with three guys so far. Isn't that wild? She tells about 80 people where she's going and keeps her hand on her cell phone all the time. How funny is that?

Oh, but while she was out last week, she saw a guy she had one date with last summer (not an online set up) with his wife and littel baby that she figures was being delivered while they were on the date. Slight exageration, but pathetic.

#176230 - 03/03/09 10:17 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

There are several right here in Vegas but those are last on my list. I want to relocate so am checking out the men in States I would like to move to. I am in o hurry and want to do the email then phoine thing first. If that goes well they are welcome to come on down and we'll meet in a very public place. I have the advantage here in Vegas, knowing all the quick getaway routes in case the guys a sleeze... I will keep you posted.

#176273 - 03/04/09 12:11 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
MustangGal
Unregistered

Chatty, have fun and be careful! There are men trolling for a meal ticket, too!

#176279 - 03/04/09 02:11 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Clever idea to check out the men in other areas. That way, you know they're really interested if they'll travel.

#176300 - 03/04/09 08:56 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well this time if there ia a this time, I want to see his home and if employed, see his office etc. No more taking anyones word for anything. I don't know, my heart just isn't in it for some reason. I guess since I can't seem to get rid of my loser EX nothing feels good to me. I am in limbo yet again. Ho-hummmm!

#176458 - 03/06/09 05:23 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
copygal Offline

Loc: Texas
Boy, have I missed a lot! This sounds like "All My Boomer Gals." Don't know how you do it, Chatty. I don't have time for men anymore, too much to do and they are way too much trouble.
As for e-Harmony, my daughter met her husband there, so I guess it works sometimes. I was happily married for 35 years, but I'm starting to enjoy being single, so I'm going to concentrate on me now. Decided I didn't have the time or the energy to train another man.
Anyway, be careful Chatty. As for the ex, if you decide to move, just don't give him your forwarding address. LOL!

Copygal

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

#176471 - 03/06/09 08:28 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, I can certainly understand why it's hard to trust again. Keep your guard up and you'll be fine.

copy, it's good to see you. There are lots of boomer women focusing on "me now." Not a bad idea. If you don't, no one else will, right?

#176480 - 03/06/09 09:57 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Copygal I agree the ex will never know where I go. Also I have been 'junking' the matches sent to me by E-Harmony. I don't even open them anymore. Don't know what I was thinking to even fill out the profile. I didn't pay them any fee so I doubt they'll keep bothering me. It's the money they're after. I will in their defense say they picked some mighty interesting matches for me, and if I ever do decide I want a man I will go back to them.

For now, under my circumstances, being alone and on my own is best. I hope you find all the happiness you can stand!

#177318 - 03/16/09 09:39 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

good to know copygal your happie being single after such a long time married, made me giggle you not having patsions to tranne another man lol. wink

#177353 - 03/17/09 12:28 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: celtic_flame]
MustangGal
Unregistered

CopyGal, I feel the same way! Besides, it takes a lot of newspapers to train a man, and I don't get the paper!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved