The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#169814 - 01/02/09 11:45 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
cyclinggal Offline

Loc: Arkansas
ChattyLady -- sounds like you are doing what you need to do to protect yourself until you know this guy better. He should appreciate this in you. I think it takes a number of months (or years)to really get to know someone, and I think the best thing you can do is to see him in a variety of situations -- the day-in and day-out stuff -- not necessarily "dating". How is he with your friends, his friends, etc.

#169828 - 01/03/09 12:57 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: cyclinggal]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Chatty, I'm glad the night went well for you! I've been married 20 years, have had New Year's Eve with this hubby 24 years, and the only kisses I remember is from our doggies. He is a restaurant manager, and always works on New Year's Eve. However, he has a job! It is a good thing to be cautious and take your time. Wow, I hope you have a lot of fun.

#169851 - 01/03/09 12:54 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Yes ladies I fully intend to take it slow. His name is GLEN. He seems to have made many friends at the resort we live in for having been here less than a year, most are my friends as well.

At least you hubby is out working new years eve P.L. and not out boozing etc. Bless his heart!

I have been very fortunate in the past with my men doing it my way, and loving it. The only one that didn't was #3, he's been an ass right from the start. I am positive that if I hadn't been near a nervous breakdown due to exhaustion from my poor sisters MS/Dementia and my caring for her for five years alone, 24/7 before she died, plus working a fulltime job from home. I would not have been vulnerable to his lies. It's like I was in a trance or something. I have been paying for that ever since.

Someone said, "If you think education will cost you, try ignorance." Boy is that ever true!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#169918 - 01/03/09 10:59 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

NO need of that Anne, dating once in awhile is as far as I am willing to go. I still see my detective buddy too. We understand one another and just want to have companionship and fun when we are out and about together. He said he'd check Glen out for me if I want him to. I said nope, but I know him, he'll do it anyway and tewll me the results if there are any. I am too lazy to have to work on a relationship, blah, poohey!!!

#169961 - 01/04/09 05:02 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
That's so true, Chatty, that the jerks prey on those who appear to be vulnerable. Also true about my husband catering to the drunk and disorderly rather than being with them.

#171003 - 01/12/09 08:19 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Princess Lenora]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I just got to this and I'm so happy to learn that you had a great date, Chatty. I hope you see him again and he remains "as is."

I can't do it again. It's been 5 years and I don't even want to. I liked having my guy friends at work, most of them are great. Now that the job is over I miss those hugs.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#171455 - 01/15/09 06:51 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anne, maybe you should stick to hanging out with the girls and forget about the guys for a bit. Sometimes when we least expect it, something changes. I so hope that's the case for you! Keep hanging in there girlfriend.

Edited by Dotsie (01/15/09 06:51 PM)

#171617 - 01/17/09 12:30 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

And heres a recap on Glenn the man I almost got hooked up with...
OMG! Never a dull moment around here...Everything that happened in the past week around me is going into my book.

He is not married to the woman he was with, Cora not anymore. They have been divorced now for some 15 years. She got cancer of the pancreas and lost her home in New York where they were from and asked him if she could come here as her treatment would be in Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Arizona. He said okay and she has been here for about 6 months now.

What happened was, he called me, I hung up! Called again, same! So he came to my house with her and they sat down and explained. She was very friendly. He said he lied because no woman would believe a story like that. I about laughed myself silly saying, boy do I have a story for you and proceeded to tell him about my ex, who is now living with me. We all had a good laugh and he apologized and she said to me privately that he is really a nice guy. She said, he worked too much and she was bored. She had an affair and left him flat for someone else who she then married. and the new guy left her flat six years later after she became ill. I have to say, I like her.

So ladies I was wrong about Glenn. He is okay just a bad liar, with lots on his plate. He wants us to be an item, or at least date and I left it at maybe. So who knows?

#171644 - 01/17/09 02:48 AM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Oh good lord Chatty...you are assembling all this for a book release, right? The Adventures of Chatty...it would be a hoot!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#171739 - 01/17/09 10:37 PM Re: Asked for a date... [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh yeah, ALL of my adventures will be published in my book, the positive ones and the negatives ones, so watch out...LOL!!!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved