The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#168407 - 12/21/08 08:52 PM Baking w/granddaughter
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Children's cookbooks

Since baby Grace will be THREE end of January, I've ordered the above little cookbooks. Another vendor makes little girls' aprons which I will get as well. Maybe she and I will bake since she was so good with the place mat project at T'giving!

Just thought I'd share!

ETA: The offer expires on Dec 31.....so Hurry!

Edited by Di (12/21/08 09:05 PM)

#168950 - 12/26/08 08:34 AM Re: Baking w/granddaughter [Re: Di]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Little girl's aprons? How cute an idea. Do you have any pics?

#169001 - 12/26/08 08:06 PM Re: Baking w/granddaughter [Re: chickadee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now thats a great idea Di, something grandmas and granddaughters can do together.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#169003 - 12/26/08 08:11 PM Re: Baking w/granddaughter [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

I bought a "cobbler" at our market on Wednesday. It has "Finding Nemo" designs on it. It's so cute...has three pockets and ties twice in the back.

Now I have to find small utensils.

#169718 - 01/02/09 02:28 AM Re: Baking w/granddaughter [Re: Di]
Dee Offline

You'll have to take photos for us, Di. I bet she will look adorable in her apron, holding her cookbooks and utensils...let me know where you find little one's utensils...that would make a great gift.

You sound like a very special grandma.

#169721 - 01/02/09 02:54 AM Re: Baking w/granddaughter [Re: Dee]
Di Offline

(See pic below) Interestingly enough, I asked my SD today if Grace has baking utensils etc. You'd think w/two other "real" grandma's she would...but she does not. So, I'm glad I asked or I'd have to return them all.

there is a kitchen store in a nearby outlet mall. They had a complete set w/silicone pans, whisk, wooden rolling pin, spatulas, cookie cutters, for about $10. All unbreakable! Then I got her some mini-utensils that were 1/2 price.

the store is called "Kitchen Collection. http://www.kitchencollection.com/

I don't see the set I got but browse around. Maybe there is a store nearby your place!

Here is a pic of what I bought...

Edited by Di (01/02/09 03:25 AM)

#169734 - 01/02/09 12:57 PM Re: Baking w/granddaughter [Re: Di]
Dee Offline

how absolutely adorable. Now, that's a great idea. Will she be keeping the cooking utensils at your home or hers? If you keep them at yours, you could get a basket where she could keep her cooking items and when it's time for the two of you to cook, she could pull out her special basket (or box) or drawer, etc. I'm going to check out that web site...thanks!!!

#169807 - 01/02/09 11:20 PM Re: Baking w/granddaughter [Re: Dee]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

She is going to be one happy little girl Di!

#171034 - 01/13/09 12:21 AM Re: Baking w/granddaughter [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

How often do you see your granddaughter Dee? Does she get to stay overnight sometimes? Have you ever taken her shopping to lunch and to buy a pretty dress? What fun girls can be.

#171035 - 01/13/09 12:25 AM Re: Baking w/granddaughter [Re: chatty lady]
Di Offline

Dee......I saw that the Kitchen Collection store near me got a new stock of those sets. Did you find any nearby?

These kids don't come very often, so I'll just leave her things at her house. I am looking forward to doing some kind of baking. Gosh, I remember those days so well. I was even around 11-12 and friends and I used to swap houses every Saturday and bake something. Then we'd "wax" the kitchen table with LOTS of dish detergent!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved