The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1690 - 11/25/02 04:33 PM Check this out...if you want to laugh!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
The other day while getting a hair cut from my ex-sister-in-law her next customer walked in. She asked him how his wife was and he replied, "She's a little slow today. She had a BEAVER MEET last night!" Well I'm thinking it's some kind of sport or something and she is worn out and needs to take it easy. A beaver meet? After many questions and much laughter I learned that she is a boomer woman who has a group of friends that she's known since she was a kid. They call their monthly get-togethers BEAVER MEETS. How funny is that? My group of friends just say we are having a GIRLS NIGHT OUT. I write GNO on my calendar for those nights. I wonder if they write BM...(oops!) Any other great names for those women get-togethers?

#1691 - 11/25/02 04:34 PM Re: Check this out...if you want to laugh!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am going to try to get one of them to write for my book. I bet they'll have funny stories!

#1692 - 11/30/02 06:25 AM Re: Check this out...if you want to laugh!
Uvagolfmom Offline

Loc: Towson
We used to call our meetings garden club. I was in law school and the guys were really curious about us getting together and could not help thinking it was to talk about them. Nothing could have been further from the truth, but we just started calling it garden club, so it would be easy on making reservations and asking where the table was when we arrived. I still get together with two or three of them on a semi-annual basis and I have been out of law school now for almost 20 years.

#1693 - 12/04/02 06:21 PM Re: Check this out...if you want to laugh!
Kathryn Offline

Loc: Towson
Speaking of girlfriends, the funniest thing happened yesterday. A woman walked into the office for an appointment. I introduced myself and explained that the person she was to meet was not in yet. We chatted and realized we had a friend in common who had started this terrific website. I asked her if she'd seen it and she said yes in fact she'd finally posted a reply to a response about brothers! Ha! she'd replied to me and here we were meeting face to face... So I've made a new girlfriend here. Awesome!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved