The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 117 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#169390 - 12/30/08 04:16 AM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: Dotsie]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Thanks for the kind words about my family. I have been truly lucky through out the years. It hasn't been without issue for sure, but who is perfect. We move on...

Oh believe me, the bickering has been there as well. There was a time I felt so sorry for my mom. I was even more worried about her than my dad for a while there. But God Bless her, she truly has come to understand it's the illness causing him to snap at her. But the more time passes the less and less he is likely to do so. She is worried about him and being the typical Greek, she is on to him about eating. He is very thin, and this worries her. I try to tell her not to do this, and when he is hungry, he will let us know...and he does. At least he is craving for certain things and that is progress. He was never a big eater to begin with anyway. What makes me happy is to see the color on his face and the new found positive attitude. I have never seen him so positive before in my life.

As for Sofia, it was tough because I had to be like a drill sergeant for awhile with her. I told her from the beginning I was going to be in order for her to get her life together so she can get her daughter back. It was a difficult thing for me to do, but it was the only way at that time. Now I have to let her go and hope some lessons were truly learned and hopefully, she will apply them in her everyday life. Time will tell. But I believe God has surpassed all understanding and I am so glad He did that with our family!

I love you all alot!

Cheers,
Cathi

#169406 - 12/30/08 01:55 PM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Cathi, my brother once told me that he thought that his cancer was harder on me than it was on him. He didn't have the energy to worry or think beyond the current moment, while I worried about and took care of everything else. He maintained that except for the day or two after chemo, he wasn't in any pain, just tired, which he didn't consider a hardship. (That probably changed during his bone marrow transplant process). But for the most part, I think he's right. I think the family and caregivers are bear as much, if not more, the hardest brunt of cancer.

(Maya Angelou)

#169917 - 01/03/09 10:55 PM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I'm a little late but, wish you all a Happy New Year! I was with the grandchildren for the holidays to and fro-ing between London and theirs.

It's so nice to have you back again, Cathi. I wondered who Wisdom&Life was until I saw your photo. Happy to note all is well with the family.

#169930 - 01/03/09 11:28 PM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: Lola]
Happy Birthday Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Lola Lola! Fee fei Lola!!!! It's sooo good to see you again.
Happy New Year to you too! I'm going to give you a New Year's call this week. So keep your phone by your side!
Glad to read your positive post, Cathy. I have a feeling 2009 will be a good year for all of us!
smile
Edelweiss

#169934 - 01/03/09 11:36 PM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
If I don't call you first. LOL!!! If it were'nt so late Bavarian-wise, I'd have done that now. I've only just railed into town with a bad cold from my grandchildren and waiting for my house to heat up!!!

#169956 - 01/04/09 04:04 AM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: Lola]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Lola,

I already responded to the prayer request thread about my dad and there is an update. This just goes to show how fast things can change in a matter of days. I am glad to see you, and I am so hoping for a better balance this year.

Edelweiss, I feel like bursting out in song when I see your username, LOL. I missed you! In spite of the roller coaster situations surrounding me, I have to agree with 2009 being a better year. It has to be.

I think it starts with ourselves, I truly believe that and it is my resolution to work on this.

Love and Hugs,
Cathi

#170082 - 01/05/09 05:23 PM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: Wisdom&Life]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i been away to so belated new year whishes to you all. xx

#170092 - 01/05/09 07:17 PM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Right back atcha girlfriend.

How were the holidays for L?

#170120 - 01/05/09 10:40 PM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Happy New Year to all...Cathi, I'm so glad to see you're back, girl! I'll read the other post to catch up on your life.

I am going to agree with everyone that we'll all shine in 2009!

After all...Wouldn't you hate to think the best had already come and gone?

Believe it...feel it...live it!

Cathi, I'm coming back to this thread because it just hit me that I had missed a bunch above this one. So I read all of them. Oh you all have come such a long way in your understanding and love. The strength you and your family have shown through all of this is so inspirational and I hope others in similar situations are reading all about it.

Love was what broke those barriers down...and it WILL conqueror all. How brave and how wise you have all been. I'm so happy that the events have turned around in favor of every one involved.

I hope when I go to the other thread that I read your dad has recovered. God love him. He has been through so much...as your mom has as well. I see where you get your strength!

Sending love,

#170281 - 01/07/09 04:04 PM Re: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays My Dear Sisters [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
he has a blast or a hoot as youd say thanks for asking.

Handled it much diffrent so no going into shock or crying becouse he got presents this year lol. loved the tree, loved the decorasions so much their still up! i am negosiating with him that they have to come dowen, soon! lol.

he's exited about the new year but i think it was an anti clmax for him, ie just another day lol still his birthday soon.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved