The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#174593 - 02/14/09 07:00 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Whenever the rain stops long enough for the sky to clear, I look north and say "Wow, Kathy must be snowed in!" because the mountains are completely white.

For those of you who don't know -- Kathy is about 2 hours north of me, in the mountains at 6000' (I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm at maybe 60', never snowed since I moved here in 1980, but I can DRIVE to snow in 30 minutes if I feel a need to see it up close. No, Kathy, I'm not bringing a shovel. LOL

Poet and essayist

#174613 - 02/14/09 03:12 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: meredithbead]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Ah Meredith, where's your sense of adventure? Shovels aren't just for moving snow around - - when my hubby was a teen, he and his friends would take their shovels to the top of the ski hill, sit on the shovel part with the handle in front of them, hold on, and slide all the way down the hill. I'm amazed they all survived!

We only got about 6-8" last night, and supposedly we'll have a break in the weather until Sunday afternoon/evening, when they are saying we might get 2-3 FEET! I just have to remind myself - - shoveling snow burns 800 calories per hour!

Okay, sorry for hijacking the topic. Back to movies! We watched Pineapple Express last night. I think you need to smoke pot while you are watching it to get the most out of it - Dan thought it was funny, but it was 'guy' funny, especially if you have memories of pot-smoking days from the 60's and 70's. And of course, he fell asleep about 30 minutes before it was over and I was still awake watching until the end, even though I didn't really like it.

#182939 - 05/25/09 02:27 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: jawjaw]
MustangGal
Unregistered

celtic, I finally watched Twilight this holiday weekend with my nieces. Although I'll wait for the DVD, I actually looking forward to no. 2 out this year. Has anyone read the books?

#185809 - 07/03/09 06:55 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: ]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Meredith, did you ever see the new Star Trek movie? I think it was a long over due movie and I enjoyed it very much. Of course, I started balling at the end when they played the older theme song. My dad was a trekkie and we use to watch it together when I was a little girl. So the music brought back memories.

Anyway, I am interested in seeing if there will be sequels, which I can't imagine there not being any. It will be interesting to see the kind of Spock they will have in this alternate time.

IMO, they did a great job and I am glad to have seen it on the big screen!

Cheers,
Cathi

#185977 - 07/05/09 06:26 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
A must see in "Proposal " a must see it is very funny Sandra Bullock , and the view of Alaska is breath taking in the movie . We loved it last night . Betty White of course is and the little white dog stold the spotlight .

I heard the new Star Trek movie is wonderful , my daugther and hubby went to see it . I heard the old spock made a cameo apperance . Am I correct on that one .

Best,
Sadie

#185986 - 07/05/09 10:54 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Sadie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Love Betty White. Haven't seen any of the movies previously mentioned. But WB and I go to movies while on vacation; so perhaps in Sept. we'll catch one or two. Thanks for sharing the
ones you enjoyed.

#185987 - 07/05/09 10:56 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I was thinking about Dancing Dolphin in the middle of the night,
last night. Wondering where in world she has been. I don't recall seeing any of her posts, lately.

#185996 - 07/06/09 12:13 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: jabber]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Quote:
I heard the old spock made a cameo apperance . Am I correct on that one .

Yes, and it was really neat. Honestly, the younger Spock looks very much the same as the original Spock did in the series.

To tell you anymore would be to give much of it away.

Cheers,
Cathi

#186116 - 07/08/09 02:04 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Last night I watched Last Chance Harvey. I've never particulary been a big fan of Dustin Hoffman, but I think did a great job of playing Harvey Shine. Some great scenes in the movie. Some sad, some funny. Later, after midnight, I was channel surfing and came across Kramer vs. Kramer. Seeing the young Hoffman with his dark hair and comparing him to the white haired older Hoffman, I think I like the older one better.

#186128 - 07/08/09 02:01 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Louisa]
jabber Offline

Saw Kramer vs. Kramer; it was the first movie WB and I saw as a
couple. Never saw Last Chance Harvey. What's that about?

Edited by jabber (07/09/09 01:52 PM)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved