The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#170914 - 01/12/09 01:03 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am suppose to go see it on Monday night with my new friend Glenn. He saw it and said he wanted to see it again it was that good. I also don't care for Tom Cruise but if you like it JJ, I'm there!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170936 - 01/12/09 01:45 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Chatty, I want to see Gran Tornio too. Looks great!

For those of us who haven't read the book or seen the movie of MARLEY and ME, thanks for telling me the ending.... I had no idea. I may not watch it if it ends that way...

K

#171071 - 01/13/09 09:14 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Saundra]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm waiting for the next Star Trek movie where Zachary Quinto plays Spock.

Poet and essayist

#174067 - 02/09/09 02:19 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: meredithbead]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Woo Hoo, another Sci-Fi fan, yayyyyy! I cannot wait to see the new Star Trek Movie. I went to see the new verson of "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and I saw the preview of the new Star Trek Movie. It looked phenomenal and it was almost like looking up at the USS Enterprise itself.

Okay, sorry I got carried away. I am waiting anxiously for the new Stargate series to come out too!!! It's called Stargate: Universe!

Cheers,
Cathi

#174281 - 02/11/09 04:01 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Wisdom&Life]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I didn't realize another Stargate series was being made. Since I saw every last one of SG-1 and Atlantis, of course I'll be watching the new one as well.

Poet and essayist

#174451 - 02/12/09 11:16 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
DD, sorry about that. I saw the moive and it was precious.

I've since read a memoir written by the guy who wrote Marley and Me. OMG - it was over the top. I get sent lots of books to promote and review, etc. I was looking for something to read and had just seen Marley and Me when this memoir came in. Otherwise, I never would have read it. Who wants to read a sorta ordinary man's memoir? Anyway, it's an up close and personal walk through his child and adulthood. I cried tears at times, and roared loudly. The guy's a great writer. SO much of what he worte about was similar to expereinces I had while growing up in the 60s and 70s. It was great. I let my SIL read it, and she thought the same.

#174470 - 02/13/09 03:10 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Dotsie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dotsie, as you know I love to read memoirs. What is the title of the one you are talking about? Are you saying it's the same author as Marley and Me? Is it The Longest Trip Home? I hope I got it right because based on your recommendation I put it on my holds at the library.

Edited by Princess Lenora (02/13/09 03:19 AM)

#174568 - 02/13/09 10:53 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I am dying to go see "TAKEN" starring Liam Neison. I hope to go on Sunday afternoon.

#174569 - 02/13/09 10:58 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dancing Dolphin not seeing the movie because it ends sadly is the same as not eating the chocolate cake because then it will be gone....

The entire movie is a delight and you'll love it, The end is a natural thing, we all die...Go see it, you'll be happy you did. Marley sticks in our minds afterwards in such a happy way.

OH, and have a hunk of cake, maybe two, then when its gone, simply make or buy another one, yes???

#174575 - 02/13/09 11:59 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: chatty lady]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Chatty, I don't think I would skip it because of a sad ending - - it's the fact that now I KNOW the ending. I don't like watching a movie that someone has already told me how it ends. I'm weird that way.

Speaking of movies, it's snowing like crazy here and probably will be all weekend. Hubby just called from the video store and he's bringing home several flicks. I guess we'll spend our weekend watching movies, shoveling snow, watching movies, shoveling snow....

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved