The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#169708 - 01/02/09 12:23 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Saundra]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
I would see "Doubt," with Meryl Streep and the world of Benjamin, etc.. the new movie by Brad Pitt as it is said he is after an Oscar with the role.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#169988 - 01/04/09 02:55 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: dancer9]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I snuck out to see Marley and Me one day while everyone was watching football. It was a cute story, but it can certainly wait for home viewing. I like Jennifer Aniston and wanted to see her with Owen Wilson (he's a nut.) They were a fun couple.

I also like Meryl Streep so I may step out to see Doubt. I like paying to see the boomer women. It makes me think I'm doing my part to help them continue in an industry where younger women are casted to act for roles of older women.

#169997 - 01/04/09 03:40 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I must've put my movie reviews in the wrong thread. "Ladies in Purple," fits the scenario of which you speak, Dotsie. I am anxious to see Marley and Me. I read the book and loved it except when they had to put Marley down. It was about the time I put Shadow down. And that was hard. Tim Allen & Jobeth Williams
are in the lighthearted, good feeling movie, "Jungle2Jungle."
Loved that. I put my DVD review over in the hints thread.
Sorry.

#170069 - 01/05/09 02:36 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Anybody watch Prison Break. Hubby and I got hooked on that.
The writing is amazing: They have more ups and downs, twists and turns than the back roads of Colorado.

#170257 - 01/07/09 01:58 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

jabber, yes, the end is very sad, but it's a cute story.

I didn't read Marley and Me, but I'm reading John Grogan's memoir. He's a spectacular writer. I've laughed out loud many times. He's brutally honest. It's a great book for boomers to read and reminisce about their childhoods. It really takes me back.

#170393 - 01/08/09 01:31 AM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Gran Torino with the masterful Clint Eastwood. He does something in his movie many wish they could also do.

Dotsie, MARLEY and ME was an excellent Grogan book. Filled with emotion and examples of how people need to treat and love a pet once brought into their family. NO, dogs and cats are not disposable as so many humans seem to think they are when they might be inconvenienced by them from time to time...GRRRRR!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#170432 - 01/08/09 03:12 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My daughter and I went to see Benjamin Button with Brad Pitt and were so bored we left in the middle.

Dots, have you read any of Anne Tyler's books? They are all placed in you area.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#170817 - 01/11/09 03:16 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dianne, I've read several of her books. People from Baltimroe are so proud of her. She lived (not sure if she still does) about\five miles from us.

Our book club once talked about reading one of her books and inviting her to the discussion. That would be so cool, but a long shot for sure.

What books of hers have you read?

#170828 - 01/11/09 03:47 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: Dotsie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i have just seen twilight, a new take on the old vampire type movie, very intenses and anxitie. But vampirtes are just people too right! lol.

#170830 - 01/11/09 04:22 PM Re: What movie would U see? [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I saw Valkyrie last night. It was so good. I would recommend it to anyone. I do NOT like war movies, spies, James Bond, and all that other stuff...but I absolutely was on the edge of my seat through this entire movie. It's worth the highway robbery price to go see it! Tom Cruise (who I don't care for) was outstanding!

I read this morning he "may" be sued for using the globe in the movie that once belong to Hitler without permission. I swear...some people.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved