The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#16852 - 07/26/05 08:39 PM I'm going back to being 39!!!!
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I went to the doctor for my regular checkup last week---seems that turning 40 has made my body go bonkers!!!!

I had high levals of all sorts of things I can't spell!!!! The scariest one of all was the word "diabetes".

My mom is suffering badly from diabetes--and it's taking a toll on her body. I know I do not want to end up like her.

I am only showing signs of "possibly" being diabetic. At the moment I am not--but when they change the guidelines next year--it would be considered diabetic.

My doctor is going to see if changing my diet and adding excercise will help first. I go back to him in November & we will see from there.

I had been back on track--lost 10 pounds--was walking every day---and then June came with my mom's health--and I got stressed out of my mind-the humidity hit--and there went that!!!

I am going to start walking again---after I drop my husband off at the train in the morning--when the temps are still cool---and work myself back to where I was.

I may have needed this kick in the butt to get me to lose the rest of the weight. I had lost & kept 30 pounds off for about 2 years now. But I need to lose at least 50 more!!! Maybe more now....

This 40 thing....DON'T LIKE IT!!! [Frown]

(my thyroid was fine tho!!!!!!!! [Smile] )

#16853 - 07/26/05 09:22 PM Re: I'm going back to being 39!!!!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
KAy, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about diabetes. My husbnad is a Type I and has taken shots for over 20 years, and my daughter is a Type II who controls hers by diet and exercise.

Please walk. It does amazing things for your blood sugar. Any kind of daily exercise works. Also, really watch your card intake. Foods like pasta, pizza, bagels wreak havoc with blood sugar.

There are also other women on the site who are diabetics. Ask away. We've got you covered.

#16854 - 07/27/05 04:21 AM Re: I'm going back to being 39!!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Kay when it comes to Diabetes you have to do the exercise, it is not an option. I am type 2 myself and when it is ungodly hot here or raining I go to Wal-Mart or the local supermarket and walk at a brisk pace up and down the aisles. No one cares or pays attention to me, sometimes I hit the mall also a great place to walk. I also bought a cheap exercycle which is now in my TV room where I ride while I watch. You can nip this in the bud by watching bad carbs, cookies, crackers anything "white" and by exercise. It doesn't take a lot either. Happy days to you... [Big Grin] Oh and blessing to you mom. These same things can benefit her greatly as well. Good for anyone at any age.

#16855 - 07/27/05 05:29 AM Re: I'm going back to being 39!!!!
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I am sooooooo trying to stay away from all those "white" foods!!! I love pizza & bagels! I'm from NY!!!

I am going to start my walking on Thursday morning. I have to work my way up to being one of those "idiots" on the track at 6am!!! [Smile] The one woman I see every single morning has lost her booty!!! [Smile]

My mom has so many problems besides her diabetes.
When it gets less humid out we are going to start her walking up and down the block again. She can barely walk as it is with her balance--she has tremors in her hands---and then some.

I tested my sugar again & it was 123. I am within normal range. I am hoping it was just because of the stress---we'll see in 3 months!!!

I may be on here at any given hour......if I make some strange posts....it's the lack of yummy carbs!!! Or chocolate.....

I discovered Weight Watchers cookies & cream ice cream bars are tasty!!! [Smile] And only 2 points! I'm doing a combo WW/doctors semi plan till I go by his office to pick up more info!!! [Smile]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved