The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#168603 - 12/23/08 12:17 AM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: celtic_flame]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hi Anno...great to see you back in the fold...missed ya!

I've seen "Pay it Forward" and positively love it. Typical me, I cry every time I see it, even tho' I know what is coming. 'Course you're hearing from the woman whose friend says "ah, yes, there must be paint drying somewhere, Jer is crying". Grin!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#168665 - 12/23/08 01:54 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: Mama Red]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I haven't seen either of the movies mentioned. I'm going to
Blockbusters today and will look for them. Unselfishness I think
is a wonderful attribute. Putting other peoples' happiness ahead
ones own enjoyment is something to behold.

#169089 - 12/27/08 02:21 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I got both videos, "Pay It Forward" and "Pursuit of Happiness".
Can't wait to see them. Invited company to dinner tonight; hope to watch movies this evening. Wednesday night my brother and
his wife were here for supper. We watched "No Country For Old
Men"; man, there was nothing but killing and more killing. And
the critics' reviews, which I heard for that, were good. Many times I disagree ratings. Same for "The Savages": Didn't like that, either. "Walk The Line" was entertaining, however.

#183707 - 06/04/09 09:12 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: jabber]
Rachel2 Offline

WOW, I started to write this three times, and nothing sounded like what I wanted to say, verious things inspire me, People who do not quit when they go down. Those who dont know when to quit.
I like reading/collecting inspirational quotes, tape the ones that really touch me to my notebook or pc so I see it every day.
(not sounding conseded sp) but the person in my mirror inspires me because no matter what she has faced or been put through she is still here fighting for a better life for her and those around her.

#183733 - 06/05/09 09:37 AM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: Rachel2]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Rachel, how inspiring to me to hear that looking in the mirror inspires you. That's the first I've ever heard someone say that. Very cool.

Lately, I'm inspired by youth involved in community. There is one gal in particular. We serve on a contemporary worship service committee together. Seeing her energy really lifts me up. She attends every meeting and intelligently shares her voice as well as becoming invovled with ahnds on activities. She does very well in school, loves her family and friends and is a pleasure to be around. Youth rock!

#183734 - 06/05/09 09:39 AM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh yeah, one night after everyone left a meeting held at my home, I was cleaning up and found a little thank you note for hosting the meeting scratched on a piece of paper intentionally left for me in the living room. How thougthful is that? It was left by this gal who is a freshman in high school. Same gal as above.

#192802 - 10/28/09 11:37 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: jabber]
lindasusan Offline

Loc: NJ
What inspires me is when, what is called, a coincidence occurs, as I don't know I really believe in coincidence, I believe it's Divine Activity. smile

#192871 - 10/29/09 10:05 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: lindasusan]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to truthfully say that this site inspires me. I rarely ever drop in to read and post that some womans words to the group don't lift me up or teach me humility or anther lesson of one kind or another. That may be why I do come here so often,
TO BE INSPIRED and hopefully to be an inspiration to others.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#193013 - 11/01/09 03:22 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: chatty lady]
Josie Offline

Loc: NJ
People like the late Randy Pausch inspire me:

"It’s not about how to achieve your dreams. It’s about how to lead your life. If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved