The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 186 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#168367 - 12/21/08 02:20 PM What inspires U...?
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I was thinking about this thread in the middle of the night awhile back. And I thought I'd asked what inspires you? Victorious stories, like from rags to riches; or, heroic efforts; or, tales of long-suffering; or nonfictional books? What motivates you to try to improve yourself or makes you want to be a better person? Just curious.

Edited by jabber (12/21/08 02:21 PM)

#168369 - 12/21/08 02:31 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: jabber]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Great question, Jabber. What inspires me the most are stories of people who have lived through devastation but persevere to survive and grow, then turn their suffering and pain around to help others. Those stories always inspire courage and hope in me to do whatever it takes to make it through, and to learn all that I can along the way so that someday it might help someone else.

(Maya Angelou)

#168370 - 12/21/08 02:39 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
Hey there Jabber!

Great, thought provoking question. Got me thinking...which, I assume, was the reason for the post (grin). I'm inspired by people who are willing to take themselves on...their foibles, their fears, their "stories", if you will and create what it is that is most important to them. I'm motivated by knowing others have lived through something similar to what I've lived through or have seen and are willing to share how they used a given situation or life circumstance to move upward and forward in their lives...guess it is the "make lemonade with lemons" thing if you will.

I love reading, listening and telling stories that tell what someone learned, at a spiritual level, about being a more positive and powerful human being.

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#168470 - 12/22/08 01:37 AM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: Mama Red]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I think I would have to say being able to bring a true smile to someones face due to a kindness they aren't aware I had anything to do with. That makes me just feel fantastic.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#168483 - 12/22/08 03:28 AM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: jabber]
JackieG Offline

Originally Posted By: jabber
Victorious stories, like from rags to riches; or, heroic efforts; or, tales of long-suffering; or nonfictional books?

All the things you mentioned above jabber inspire me, but what inspires me the most is the word of God, the words of the bible are alive to me, and by meditating on a scripture that really inspires me,I have gotten through some difficult times, and it has helped me overcome a lot.

#168509 - 12/22/08 01:52 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: JackieG]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Wow, ladies. These are such excellent answers! Personally, meditating on Bible verses has helped me stay afloat in some
turbulent times. Like Chatty I love to make others smile.
It lifts my heart when I see a stranger look me in the eyes
and let loose with a warm, loving smile. And other folks' accomplishments and uphill battles are inspiring to me.
We all learn from each other. What a blessing this site is!
Thank you!

#168575 - 12/22/08 10:20 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: jabber]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
love what youv all written so far and id agree with them all. I was thinking that i bet i change my answere to this on diffrent days so don't hold me to this one onlie smile

i very impresed when someone showes an uncomon emotional response to a situasion they are in. i thinking about that type of stuff today, like when someone is unkind but the hurted person dose't get cross they reacte as if they know that person is being unkind becouse thers something bugging them, thats having them act that way at that moment. Or someones been muggged or violated in soome way but they don't hate the person thats mugged them, lol and not becouse they are in shock and need hospital treatment but becouse they know about the pain or drive that can be created by addiction and the need for cash etc. either becouse they have evolved and know what the storie is so go to understanding quicklie or that it comes as a result of a journey or at the end of the procsess.

that type of stuff reallie moves me but certinlie impresses me, i get how hard it is to do a lot of the time so I strive to genuinlie get to that type of place myself.

#168576 - 12/22/08 10:22 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

oh can i add also generositie of spirite, and genuinlie loving people. The real lovers of this world.

#168580 - 12/22/08 10:34 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am inspired by a story of perserverance and happiness. For example, the movie, The Pursuit of Happyness, brought an unending smile to my face. The same for Pay It Forward.

Those who can love life, and everyone around them, push me forward everytime.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#168596 - 12/22/08 11:52 PM Re: What inspires U...? [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

hay anno good to see ya hear you must be all home and settled again.

not seen either of thos movies but by sounds of it it may be worth a watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved