The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#167436 - 12/11/08 11:52 AM school nitivitie plays!
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Do you rember being in them and what a big deal it was, i still some hazzie memorie of my first ever.........

do you rember your kiddies nativitie plays lol.

l just done his yesterday and its his first at big school sick as he was (with a flue) he insisted on going and i could heer him panicing to his teacher (when he was in choire) weers my mum weers my mum! found me and waved and then watched me watching him for the rest of the show, waving like made every 5 minets...rember i wase't allowed to watch anyone else just him..

I was as proud as any other parent ther and almost as proud as him....
ok now hes home and sick but still talking about it ...

any of your owen memories to share about your owen school plays or your kids?
it certinlie helped with feeling christmassie lol

#167477 - 12/12/08 11:52 AM Re: school nitivitie plays! [Re: celtic_flame]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany

Quote:
...waving like made every 5 minets...rember i wase't allowed to watch anyone else just him..
That's so sweet Celtic. I can just picture it.

I was in a nativity play once. I think I was the donkey. Okay gals please contain your selves from further comments…..lol

On the other side , I organized two huge Christmas plays. I rewrote the stories to playwrights, directed, organized…you name it.

One of the main reasons I tackled such a task, was for my sons,…so they could experience being in a play; since the German schools didn't do anything like that for young children. I had the pick of darling children from the ice hockey club my boys were in. The mayor asked us to comeback for several shows, -playing for senior residents and such. Boy did I have energy then.

#167490 - 12/12/08 02:13 PM Re: school nitivitie plays! [Re: Edelweiss3]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
celtic, how cool that he was asking for you and then stayed focus on you. You are so lucky to have him to spend the holidays with!

EW, I appreciate your comment about having energy "then." I've thought of that this Christmas season while getting ready without any kids around. I wondered how I did it because I was a SAHM and my kids were always around. Gone are the days of that kind of energy.

I was Mary in the first grade nativity play. I think it was because I had long brownish hair. Trust me, it wasn't because I could act. All I remember was kneeling with Joseph and folding my hands. That's about it. Anyone can do that.

My funniest recollection of the Christmas shows is of my daughter, and it's on tape. She and her little friend beside her (they were probably 2 or 3) were goofing off in spite of the all that was going on around them. The kids were all lined up in the front of the chapel with their Christmas clothes on and little bells in their hands. They were in their own little world, making funny faces while they sang, marching, giggling, shaking their bells with tremendous exuberance. It was adorable, and we couldn't help but laugh hysterically, which you can hear on the camera. Fun times. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

#167538 - 12/13/08 12:16 AM Re: school nitivitie plays! [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Going to Catholic school for eight years, I was an Angel in the Christmas Nativity play every year for four years and sang a solo of Oh, Holy Night. Then I grew too tall to play an Angel. So I became the painter of whatever new scenery we needed.

I love all your funny stories, kids are so precious.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#167586 - 12/13/08 04:14 PM Re: school nitivitie plays! [Re: chatty lady]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i agree chattie they are presiouse and the sounds of the stories are great, how organised are you EW that you could work out how to put a play on! woow lol energie and a skill lvelel i don't have.

i can almost picture the scean with the wee ones dotsie and thats what i love about that age group for playes they are hystericalie funnie lol

#167635 - 12/14/08 01:02 PM Re: school nitivitie plays! [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You're right about kids. Our church has a 4:30 Christmas service which is mostly done by the kids. It's precious, but we no longer go because our kids are grown and we go to a later service after dinner. But I remember this one year, one of our friend's little girl, was right in the middle of all the little singers dressed like angels. Even though everyone else was singing, she was about the only one we could hear. Oh my gosh. It was hysterical. She sang so loudly you would have thought she was doing a solo. I can still laugh about it to this day. She was also very off key.

#167669 - 12/14/08 09:33 PM Re: school nitivitie plays! [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
I just laughed picturing it. smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved