The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#167621 - 12/14/08 04:16 AM Hair issues?
CalicoKate Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi All I'm new here! Is anyone else experiencing hair issues? I've always had wavy hair with a tendency to be straight when cut short. It seems with menopause my hair is pretty much straight but always want to frizz. I don't want to look like so many older women with gray hair with the usual perm and very short hairstyle. What have you found that works with your hair? I'm getting tired of so many bad hair days! My hair stylist has said my hair is not dry. I've purchased many styling products with the hope that "this is THE product" I need. I never had this problem before (sigh) so I'm hoping someone can offer some insight for this issue.

- If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

#167629 - 12/14/08 11:12 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: CalicoKate]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have very thin hair, always have had it. Now it seems even thinner. I love long hair but keep mine short because it is so thin and fly away. NO need to ever have grey hair if you don't want to, no matter how you wear it. Thats what hair color is for.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#167673 - 12/14/08 10:21 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chatty lady]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Right now, my hair has been cut so short that I can't even use a curling iron on any part of it all.

Well, at least some of my sculptural silver earrings will stand out more with such a short cut.

As for the so-called stereotypical short cut for an older woman: I don't have grey hair yet (I will turn 50 next yr.). I need to keep my hair short and easy to manage when taking my bike helmet off and on.

And I haven't had a perm since I was 23. And don't intend to. My hair is straight. A very short cut actually makes me look more alert and petite. I am 5'1".

I am in perimenopause but notice no affect on my hair. Most likely when I do turn generously gray, my hair texture will become drier and thicker..like my mother's. I probably still keep my hairstyle short and pixie-like.

Edited by orchid (12/14/08 10:23 PM)

#167674 - 12/14/08 11:04 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: orchid]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Calico Kate,
Hair becomes drying during Menopause. We must use more and better products to keep our hair soft and in good condition.

Have your hair cut every six weeks, at least a trim.

Be careful of over the counter hair dyes, they have metal in them so if you use them, only use them on your roots and cover all of your hair about every 6 months. It's better to use salon colour though.

One of the best products for wiry hair is Chi hair oil. It can be found on the web for less than it sells for in salons. Chi is the best oil for taming your hair.

Be careful of heating dryers, irons, straightening irons. Use Chi oil or a protectant on your hair before you use them.

If possible, wash your hair only when it is dirty, not every day. Our hair does not need to be washed as often as most Americans wash their hair.

Try to find a style with the least upkeep.

ONLY use products for colored hair or damaged hair. If your hair is coloured, use products for coloured hair and if it is not but just dry, use a product for dry and damaged hair.

I'd be happy to give you some names of products if you need them, even some URLs.

I hope this helps,

Dancer9

"Question your privilege"

#167691 - 12/15/08 03:39 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: dancer9]
justjoan Offline

Loc: West Michigan
Peg, I've had past shoulder length hair most of my adult life and didn't adhere to my mom's belief: after 30, you should have short hair. I'm not ready to go short, not quite sure I ever will be. I do the salon hair color, too, that's my luxury to myself, lol! I'd be interested in knowing what products are good for that antifrizz. It's a case of my hair underneath is great, it's the top layers that show (of course!) that need some serious smoothing. I've used most of the products available in the salon and still haven't found anything just right. I've never heard of the Chi oil. I'll have to google that!

#167711 - 12/15/08 02:04 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: dancer9]
CalicoKate Offline

Hi Dancer, thank you for the tip on the Chi oil. I will check into that.

I don't use hair dye for the reason you stated--I don't want to be putting chemicals on my hair. I think we are subject to too many chemicals every day anyway.

Can you give us some URLS for hair products that you like?

Thanks much!

#167713 - 12/15/08 02:14 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: CalicoKate]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Thank you. I'm having problems with dry hair. I'll try the Chi
product!

#167726 - 12/15/08 03:07 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Dancer,
Chi products has an extensive line. I ordered CHI Nourish
Intense Silk Hair Masque for fine hair. Was that right?
Or were you referrring to something else?

#167747 - 12/15/08 08:15 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
dancer9 Offline

Jabber,
You didn't waste your money, any Chi product for the hair will get rid of frizz.
Chi, (pronounced Chee,) silk infusion is one of the best products out there and is recommended by hair stylists who are good.

Just Joan, if you go to my web site you will see that I had many years of modeling and I was a hair model for 15 years as well, internationally. It's important what you put on your hair and what you don't.

I'll supply some URL's for hair products that smooth the frizz, on wet or dry hair.

To use Chi, or any hair product I will give you, use it on wet hair before you style it and if you need more, a drop or two after you style it to take care of the areas you feel are still too dry.

It's important to use a shampoo that helps with frizz too so I will supply some product URL's that will help with that too.

I have medium length hair and I use about half a dime size amount on my hair before I style it. If I want it smoother, I use a little drop and smooth it on the area I don't like the look of. If you keep that in your hair for a couple days, it will help even more.

Now for that list...

Best,
Dancer

#167750 - 12/15/08 08:40 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

For Frizz in hair or dry hair:

Shampoo and conditioner:
http://www.amazon.com/Enjoy-Sulfate-Hydr...2179&sr=8-8

The special bit about Enjoy shampoo and conditioner is that they are sulfate free. If your hair is colored, sulfate free shampoo is the way to go. The shampoo will feel like it is drying your hair until you use the conditioner but in fact, it is not full of chemicals that can tear out your color but make your hair soft before you condition. The conditioner is good, the price is right and if you look you can find deals for bigger bottles and better prices.

Enjoy hair mask;
http://www.amazon.com/EN-Joy-Enjoy-Hair-...2403&sr=8-2

The Enjoy hair mask is great for hair that is not colored, I believe that is you, Just Joan, or was it someone else? It ALSO is great for color treated hair after you use the shampoo. It should be used about twice a week but I know people who use it more than that because they have thick hair that is very frizzy. This product, for the price, should be in everyone's shower!

Pureology shampoo and conditioner:
http://www.amazon.com/PUREOLOGY-PURE-SHA...662&sr=1-28

http://www.amazon.com/Pureology-Pure-Con...662&sr=1-25

If you can spend the money, these are the ultimate experience in shampoo and conditioner. It leaves hair VERY moist, it is good for colour or no colour, and it changes you hair for the better. It is very luxurous and excellent for your hair. It is hard to find in hair salons but hair dressers are usually aware of it. If you buy the larger bottles, it will last you almost a year. The product is only sold in two sizes, and again, it's an investment but it's worth it ten times over. It does have sulfates, but not enough to give you any real trouble with colour. I will never be without these products. I use enjoy most of the time but I use pureology for a treat often as well. I use the Enjoy mask about once a week but I use Chi every time I wash. I'll get the Chi info now...

Chi silk infusion:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_hpc_1_6?url=search-alias%3Dhpc&field-keywords=chi+silk+infusion+6+oz&sprefix=Chi+Si

I have NEVER seen Chi this inexpensive. The bottle usually sells for almost 50.00 in retail stores! I was shocked to find it at 24.00 but never expected such a mark down. ANYONE who wants their hair to recover or stay well should get this NOW.

This is the oil I was recommending. I will give you the CHI site so you can see what this professional product line can cost! Also, a lot of professionals use their irons and blow dryers and swear by them...

Chi web site:
http://www.folica.com/brands/chi_2.html

Any chi product comes well recommended. Again, the straightening irons, although expensive, are professional quality and so are the blow dryers. I know women who own them and swear by them. The blow dryers are supposed to be amazing and I've heard hair dressers say they make them look good when using them on clients.

If you use a blow dryer, apply an oil like Chi first to protect your hair. That is all you need. You need not buy the products to protect because the right conditioner and the right oil will do all you need.

There are the Aveda products and some salons and hairdressers swear by them. They are natural products and have been around for some time. The prices are good and the products seem to work best in areas where there is humidity. The leave in conditioner is amazing but can leave your hair flat if you don't have amazingly dry hair. Here is the site:

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/mpp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY22118&PSID=true&cm_mmc=Google-_-Exact-Brand-HairCare-Aveda-_-General--Haircare-OK-_-aveda+hair+products%7C-%7C100000000000000722719&cm_guid=1-_-100000000000000722719-_-3271396579

Again, the focus of Aveda is to use natural ingredients as often as possible. It has it's own success story and started in MN.

So, these are a few of my favorite things, or things I know about that might be hiding from you. Often the answer is just the right product.

Please ask any questions if you have them!

Dancer9

#167835 - 12/16/08 04:05 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: dancer9]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
I've had short to medium-short hair for many years, it is naturally straight, thick and fine...and I have colored it forever and a day, mostly on my own. I used to get it permed 'cuz it drove me crazy messing without. However, I've found styles (and hairdressers!) who are working with those characteristics now, so the perms are a thing of the past.

About 2.5 years ago I was going through some "stuff" (gee, what a surprise MR going through drama? Now however could that happen? Grin) and my hairdresser asked if I would like for her to color it...and I LOVED it. In working with this person, I got turned on to Aveda products and have loved them ever since. When I decided they were too expensive, I bought several other products trying to duplicate the results...and ended up going back to the Aveda ... in the long run it was actually less expensive.

I was amazed to have my color last 10-12 weeks using the Aveda color...I had never had ANY color last that long and still look decent. Now, I 'preferred' to color it more frequently and that wasn't in the budget.

Every Aveda product I've tried has been superior and has lasted ages because it has taken so little product to get the desired results.

For the moment, I'm back to coloring my hair on my own (and remembering why I LOVE to have it done...not sure my landlord will like the red stain on the bathroom cabinet where I dripped!)AND I'm using the Aveda products.

Dancer...any knowledge of these?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#167854 - 12/16/08 08:53 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: dancer9]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My goodness dancer you are a fountain of expert information. As with my skin, I suffer NO hair dryness, but I believe it is due to the EV olive oil I use for everything in cooking, salads etc.

I have a brownish blonde hair so all I do is have it tipped or lightly frosted every six months or so, that way NO chemicals touch my scalp ever.

Even though I love seeing long hair I keep mine very short, also straight and so easy to manage, and with my schedule thats a definite plus. And lets face it, when we're cute, we're cute, no matter how long or short our hair is, right?

#167863 - 12/16/08 10:03 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

Yes, Mama Red, I mentioned Aveda products in my post. It depends what kind of hair you have and where you live when it comes to some of their products. Their leave in conditioner, for example, can make hair greasy and flat or if you have VERY curly hair, it can be a life saver! Their colour is good, yes, but you must get it at a salon and their shampoos formulated to infuse colour between shampoos are helpful, esp. for red hair.

Aveda started as a one man company and he set his salon up with his products in Minnesota. He branched out with more salons and when he got big enough his products became for sale in other salons.

If a salon uses Aveda products, like colour, they are likely to be highly trained and trained in the Aveda way. They do cut hair where it lands best and try to work with the natural hair that you have. It's a natural company.

Again, Mama Red, store bought colour has metals in it that build up. You may like the Aveda colour better because it is way better for your hair.

All their products are good, they are, again, invented by a hairdresser who was very talented.

Dancer

#167871 - 12/17/08 01:53 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: dancer9]
CalicoKate Offline

Dancer, thank you so much for these links. Lots to explore, decisions to make.

We do have an Aveda salon here--I've had my hair colored there a couple of times. So I will probably begin there with their Smooth Infusion products. They sound like they would work with my hair type.

As Chatty Lady said--you are a fountain of expert information. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we all appreciate all of the tips and info and your knowledge of the care of hair.

#167872 - 12/17/08 01:57 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chatty lady]
CalicoKate Offline

Chatty Lady, I also keep my hair short. But I'm hoping with the products that Dancer has recommended that I'll be able to control the frizz and maybe let my hair grow out a little.

My problem is that once it gets to a certain length I get tired of trying to get all of the layers to grow out and I cut it off again. blush

#167892 - 12/17/08 10:54 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: CalicoKate]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Dancer!

Thanks for the information...wow, you sure do know a bunch about this stuff! Thanks for being so willing to share with us...I apologize that I missed the Aveda reference...OOPS!

One of my incentives to keep learning about the business of speaking is so I can go back to my Aveda salon for color...getting my hair done is one of my favorite ways to pamper me...along with a relaxing pedicure.

I do continue to get it cut at an Aveda salon and color is next! Figured I should be fiscally responsible since my hubbie has been so supportive of me taking training, etc.! AND I really DON'T want to be a "good girl"...giggle!

Thanks again for sharing so much of you!

Edited by Mama Red (12/17/08 12:39 PM)

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#167968 - 12/17/08 09:50 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Mama Red]
dancer9 Offline

I'm flattered that you like my posts. I'm happy to help.
Of course, pampering yourself at a salon I think is VERY important and should be the last thing to go!
The French go to salons sometimes daily to get their hair done! If only we all could afford to do that!

Mama red, the aveda colour is great for your hair, that in the salon is some of the best reds that are made! Their shampoo to support their color, esp. red, is nice too! I'm glad you take good care of yourself, you should, we are all worth it!

Peg, you are very welcome. If you use the oil, and if you get you hair cut about every six to eight weeks, they can work those layers in so they can grow out with minimum hassles. They CAN be a pain, I know. Patience,and product, as I like to say. I just got done growing my hair out myself and the bangs were the hardest part. I had my hairdresser blend them often so I could live with them.

What is your hairstyle, Peg, and how would you like it?

Dancer

#168024 - 12/18/08 02:57 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: dancer9]
CalicoKate Offline

Today we had our annual department Pot Luck. I looked liked the oldest one there (I'm sure just in mind) even tho I'm much younger than at least 2 of the women there. I think it's because I've decided to let my hair go "naturally gray". I was so depressed. It just seems that the gray wants to stick up and not conform to any sort of styling.

I had a perm about a year ago that totally fried my hair and my stylist had me promise that I'd never get a perm again. And I have to agree with her. Years ago, before the gray, my hair took perms easily and I loved the easy care I had then.

At this point I don't know what to do. I am going to my Aveda Salon and get the Smooth Infusion products to see if that helps my hair issues.

Dancer I just totally appreciate your helpful hints and product recommendations. I'm not sure if you are in my age group-just turned 55 on Monday--I really appreciate the insight you have regarding all things HAIR! whistle

#168683 - 12/23/08 06:21 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: dancer9]
jabber Offline

The Chi product I did buy seemed to help. I just order Chi Oil
today. I was so impressed with the first product, I'm going to try the oil. Thanks so much for the tip!

Edited by jabber (12/27/08 02:08 PM)

#169180 - 12/28/08 03:33 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I used the Chi Oil on my hair last night. I like the way it
makes my hair look and feel. Thanks again!

#169328 - 12/29/08 02:49 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

According to the directions, Chi organic oil can be used on
skin, too. I've used Olive oil on my skin for years. The Chi
product indicates that it's olive nutrient therapy, with a few key ingredients. And it has a two phase approach with, what they refer to as silk oil.

#169333 - 12/29/08 02:58 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jabber, please tell me how you use olive oil on your skin. I remember chatty talking about this in the past.

#170003 - 01/04/09 03:55 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Dotsie]
jabber Offline

After I bathe in the morning, I rub areas, where cellulite would
like to takeover, with Hydrogen Peroxide and ExtraVirgin Olive Oil. I rub those into the skin real good and get dress. Years ago, I saw a movie star on Good Morning America being interviewed by Diane Sawyer. The boomer age, lady told how she kept her skin smoothe and wrinkle free by using Olive Oil. I've used Olive Oil ever since! And that Chi Oil dancer recommended is helping improve my hair. It isn't nearly as dry as it was.

#170068 - 01/05/09 02:32 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

I just read online, where it's good to use coconut oil to remove
those tiny, lines around the mouth. I'm gonna try it. I'll let
you know how it works!

#170073 - 01/05/09 03:21 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Quote:
I just read online, where it's good to use coconut oil to remove
those tiny, lines around the mouth.

Yay! Our soaps have coconut oil in them!

Also, just a quick reminder: If an ingredient for a product has water and/or alcohol in it (most commercial products do!), it will dry your skin...no matter what the claims. That is why you have to apply so often. Think of a "prescription drug". The BETTER dose, and not an OTC, works better and is more effective because it's not "watered down", so to speak.

Just a friendly tip!

Edited by Di (01/05/09 03:23 PM)

#170114 - 01/05/09 10:16 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Di]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I knew a woman who would soak her cuticles once a week in hot olive oil. She had the most beautiful fingernails and cuticles.

I've never heard that about coconut oil. Hmm...I wouldn't want to go around smelling like a coconut all day...maybe you could smear it on at night...but having it on my upper lip would just make me hungry for a Almond Joy!

#170136 - 01/06/09 12:35 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I wear chapstick all day because of this dry desert air. Mine taste and smell like coconut or strawberry. They never make me hungry but boy have I got soft, kissable, lips!!!

#170179 - 01/06/09 01:58 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chatty lady]
jabber Offline

JJ,
There are worse things to smell like than coconut. Right? I'll do and try anything to erase wrinkles. I hate them! Even the
tiniest one, makes me cringe: On myself, of course. I did
go out and buy some coconut yesterday, after reading that
internet site. My gosh. I think it's gonna work! How about that!
Want to know anything, just google it!

#170191 - 01/06/09 03:33 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

One nice thing about smelling like coconut would be the reminder of the beach holidays. Oh yeah...now THAT I could stand. Jab...where did you buy your oil? Just curious. And you say it's working. THAT FAST?

#170197 - 01/06/09 05:26 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jawjaw]
jabber Offline

Hey girl. This isn't something new; I've been working on smoothing out this skin, for years. As I told Dotsie I used
olive oil forever. I bought the Coconut Oil at a Natural Food
Store in my hometown. I went to CVS first. They didn't have it.
So I went across the street to this little place where they
have all natural stuff. And there it was. A nice big jar!
Even got 10% off the price. Yes. You know, how you know when
something looks better to you? Well, I used it last night before
bed. And then I used it again this morning. My hands look and
feel better. And my everything, looks and feels better. Fast?
Yes, ma'ameeeee. Fast it 'tis! LOL... You like dark men jj?

#170204 - 01/06/09 07:12 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

My taste in men run in the graveyard category...Elvis, Cary Grant, etc...

#170209 - 01/06/09 08:06 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
Mama Red Offline

I've also read about taking it internally...bought some (an expensive brand...soooooooooo typical of me) and ended up not using it after both Matt and I gagged ourselves into oblivion trying to take a teaspoon of it (don't remember the condition I was treating). Darn, wish I still had it so I could test out the speed of this "wrinkle eliminating miracle"...there are so many times I can explain "no honey, those are laugh lines, no wrinkles!"

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#170270 - 01/07/09 03:00 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Mama Red]
jabber Offline

Mama Red,
Not sure I'd ingest it. But I am gonna give this jar full a
test run. Hope it works.

JJ,
I love Elvis, too. Cary Grant was a doll. But I have dark complexion, myself. I think, don't know, but think my birth
daddy was far from light skinned and fair haired. I think
Tom Selleck is a hunk, a hunk, ahunk.

PS If this coconut oil actually erases those darn, little lines,
I'll let ya know!

#170377 - 01/08/09 01:01 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Jabber, I mentioned the coconut oil to my friend Mary over coffee today and she said if it works that well and fast shes going to buy an entire 'vat' of the stuff and dive right in. She is a hoot, a little wrinkled too, but heck shes 71, and still has a cute size 6 figure. Mary has those smokers wrinkles around the mouth to get rid of. She doesn't now, but smoked for 35 years. That ought to be a good test for any product.

#170421 - 01/08/09 01:37 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Oh lordy Chatty, mary sounds like a really kewl person...I could see a vat with her swimming around in it, eliminating those wrinkles! If this approach works, let me know and I'll move my sleeping quarters to a vat of coconut oil!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#170542 - 01/09/09 03:00 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Mama Red]
jabber Offline

If it works, I will surely let my friends here know! Something ought to work, between the coconut oil, Chi oil, olive oil and Shea's Butter. Now if I could just figure out how to stop the hands of
time, I might be in good shape. I remember my adoptive mother saying to me onetime, "Don't grow old." Right!

Edited by jabber (01/09/09 03:00 PM)

#170671 - 01/10/09 02:45 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

One of those Country/Western song writers had a line, and I'll
paraphrase since I don't know the exact wording, "You can't
stop time and you can't fence love." Somethin' like that!

#171457 - 01/15/09 06:54 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
jabber, be careful. With all that oil, you just might slip and fall.

#171757 - 01/18/09 03:23 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Dotsie]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I cook with olive oil and you're telling me to rub it on my wrinkles? Okay.

I have to pass on the coconut oil. For some crazy reason, the smell has always made me nauseaus.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#171758 - 01/18/09 03:24 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Saundra]
Saundra Offline

I'm guessing it's the virgin olive oil...

#171759 - 01/18/09 03:27 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Saundra]
Saundra Offline

While we're at it, what about the Cold Cream everyone used in the 50s and 60s? It's still on the market.

#171786 - 01/18/09 03:11 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Saundra]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

So....has anyone erased any wrinkles yet? I'm with Chatty's friend Mary...I'm ready to get a vat.

#177850 - 03/23/09 04:40 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
chickadee Offline

This is totally an observation but tonight I was watching one of those shows about tribes and you know how they show women without clothing? Well I noticed that even the large women around our age (possibly) were totally cellulite free. I didn't see any cellulite on the men either.
You know it's a buildup of toxins and fat and lack of exercise too I suppose. Anyway none of the tribal members had any...

#177881 - 03/23/09 04:00 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chickadee]
jabber Offline

Dotsie,
I'll be careful.

Jawjaw,
If it works, I'll let you know. I use virgin olive oil; and virgin coconut oil, and whatever.

Chick,
What tribe? I think I'll join.

Saundra,
Did you read that info gims posted about brushing thy teeth?
I thought of you when I read it.

#177882 - 03/23/09 04:02 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Well you wouldn't have any cellulite either Chick if all you did all day was chase down lions, stir the pot of cooked loin, made headdresses, chased down little tribe members, fed the goats, cows, chickens, put in gardens, swept the dirt out of the tent, fetched water from the river....killed snakes...need I go on?

#177904 - 03/23/09 06:01 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Gosh, reading that just exhausted me, JJ and one still have to chop wood, tan the hide, weave blankets and baskets, then be wife to the chief...and we all know how tiring that can be. LOL!

#177912 - 03/23/09 07:40 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chickadee]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Originally Posted By: chickadee
This is totally an observation but tonight I was watching one of those shows about tribes and you know how they show women without clothing? Well I noticed that even the large women around our age (possibly) were totally cellulite free. I didn't see any cellulite on the men either.
You know it's a buildup of toxins and fat and lack of exercise too I suppose. Anyway none of the tribal members had any...

LOL. Good point, chick.

#177947 - 03/23/09 10:02 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: orchid]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thats because they are hunters and gatherers, you won't find any M&M's or Twinkies there. They eat greenery and bugs and other proteins. Cellulite is caused from FAT that we eat. They have no sugary snacks or beverages or anything chocolate either. Plus they are always moving, working from day until night, they work off what they do eat. They also have to keep moving because they are food for many of their neighbors, animal and human alike. Can you say CANNIBAL???

#177961 - 03/24/09 12:48 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

I guess the old cliche
"You are what you eat" really applies to them then
as in...Human.
Sorry just couldn't resist. sick

#177987 - 03/24/09 01:13 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chickadee]
jabber Offline

Chick,
I love that cartoon! LOL...

Headhunters, anybody????

Edited by jabber (03/24/09 01:14 PM)

#178002 - 03/24/09 02:55 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jabber]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

So two headhunters were eating a clown and one turns to the other one and says...."Does this taste funny to you?"

#178013 - 03/24/09 06:16 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Why do cannibals prefer eating readers to writers?
Because writers cramp but readers digest.

#178014 - 03/24/09 06:22 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Edelweiss3]
Lola Offline

And, do cannibals get fed up with people?

#178021 - 03/24/09 06:57 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Oh yes, except they hate mother in laws; they never agree with them.

#178059 - 03/24/09 10:21 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Starting with JJ and her clown, TOO FUNNY! I am LMAO today.

#178074 - 03/24/09 11:51 PM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

I never met a man I didn't like..

#178086 - 03/25/09 04:13 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: chickadee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

One day a cannibal visited the neighboring island of cannibals. There, people cost $2 but politicians cost $25. The visiting cannibal asked, "How come politicians cost so much?"

The chief answered, "Do you know how hard it is to clean one of those?"

#178098 - 03/25/09 06:43 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

I suppose cannibals have an easier time with picnics. They don't have to pack food. Run into a stranger and...Voila! Cold meat is served.

Did you hear about the cannibal who was expelled from school for buttering up his teacher?

#178102 - 03/25/09 08:07 AM Re: Hair issues? [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Really? He must get the cold shoulder now.

#178219 - 03/25/09 11:34 PM Hot Flashes away! [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Got a cure for "Hot Flashes." Yep, and we are going to start by eating some delicious 'black beans.'

Black beans you see are filled with phytoestrogens. Theses natural plant estrogens help replace your natural estrogen - without boosting your risk of breast cancer like with conventional hormone replacement therapy. (HRT)

In fact the estrogen in black beans may actually help reduce your breast cancer risk. So you can escape your hot flashes and avoid breast cancer all at the same time. Neat huh???

#178250 - 03/26/09 03:49 AM Re: Hot Flashes away! [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

I love black beans. I use them in fahitas all the time. Made a black bean soup one time but didn't really like it. OK I am going to try and see if this works.

I look forward to non-flashing again.

#178265 - 03/26/09 06:50 AM Re: Hot Flashes away! [Re: chickadee]
Lola Offline

So do I. Anything...give me anything...

#178296 - 03/26/09 02:41 PM Re: Hot Flashes away! [Re: Lola]
jabber Offline

Cold cream they say is mostly beeswax. Variations of cold cream have been used for two thousand years. I assume all this stuff
we're using, from Oil of Olay to whatever, stem from the ole
cold cream ideas.

#178300 - 03/26/09 02:55 PM Re: Hot Flashes away! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Dancer,
I love those CHI products! Thank you!

#178541 - 03/28/09 02:11 PM Re: Hot Flashes away! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Ya know. Some ladies claim hot flashes never go away. I know
gals in their 80s who still have 'em. Hope this doesn't discourage anyone. But truth is truth!

#178597 - 03/29/09 01:36 PM Re: Hot Flashes away! [Re: jabber]
jabber Offline

Hey Y'all,
Just went back and read those cannibal jokes. Cute! Loved 'em!
Don't know how those got passed me before this. [Black Beans] ya say. Well I've never tried 'em; but that's gonna change.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved