The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#16708 - 04/18/05 10:44 PM Exercise
icequeen Offline

Loc: Toronto
Recently my parents visited for my birthday. My father being the ass he is, couldn't wait to tell me how fat I had become. I was embarrassed. My boyfriend was livid, and the day took a bad turn. We got through the visit, but it really bothered me. Since then I have started exercising. Yoga,pilates,and other more vigourous workouts. Along with that I walk and bike when the weather is good. I have lost some weight and have started to tone up. It has been difficult to do this, especially changing my eating patterns. I would tell anyone do what you can. I have stayed away from chocolate as that is my downfall. I have even written an article about my journey.
Sincerely,

#16709 - 04/19/05 12:58 AM Re: Exercise
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Amber, how unkind of your father to mention your weight! I've done Pilates, and it's great for toning the mid-secton. A day without chocolate is like a day without sunshine! It must be hard to find a warm spring day for walking in Toronto. Good luck, love and light, Lynn

#16710 - 04/19/05 01:05 AM Re: Exercise
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Amber,
I'm sorry you were met with such a negative visit. However it sounds as if you made lemonaide out of it, eh? You go girl. Dieting and exercise are very hard things to condition your mind to include daily. It is THE way to lose and tone up however, and the way to keep it off. Trust me...being the Queen of Experiences includes yo-yoing with my weight, and experimenting with every diet known to mankind. Including the grapefruit/banana diet...(we don't EVEN want to go there)...

I commend you for doing what will make YOU feel better and taking control of the situation. You alone know what is best for Amber. I say once again, you go girl!

JJ

#16711 - 04/20/05 12:24 AM Re: Exercise
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
What's with these parents and their negative comments? Geesh.

My FIL, an old Jewish, negative man, visited us and after only 25 minutes, told my husband he looked like he'd put on at least 25 lbs. Then, he added that I also looked like I had packed on a few. I just looked at him and told him I could say the same for him. He said, "I've lost 15 lbs." So I said, "Where? Did you get a haircut or something?" It did put an end to the negativity. Who needs that!

#16712 - 04/20/05 05:27 AM Re: Exercise
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good for you Dianne, you sound just like me. I believe if you can't say anything nice, say nothing! Especially when your in a persons home. I think the weight he lost was his brain... [Eek!]

#16713 - 04/21/05 03:34 AM Re: Exercise
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
So...does this mean that the father figure figures in our figure?

#16714 - 04/21/05 03:57 AM Re: Exercise
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Dianne,
It figures.
smile

#16715 - 04/27/05 11:43 PM Re: Exercise
icequeen Offline

Loc: Toronto
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. No wonder I don't see my parents much.....lol.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved