The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#77850 - 09/03/05 05:36 AM Re: Many beliefs
Dahti Blanchard Offline

Loc: Washington state
Meredith--that was a beautiful description of Gaia as the universe.
A little shameless promotion here... my novel is a fun read for anyone, but it is about a woman who inherits a very old house from a birth mother who was a witch. There's a tiny bit of fantasy in it, but it also reflects a very real description and story of what witches/goddess women are like. Just in case anyone wants to read it...
Dahti

Dream of the Circle of Women
by Dahti Blanchard
published May 2004 by Spilled Candy Books
visit: www.dahtiblanchard.com

#77851 - 09/03/05 01:14 PM Re: Many beliefs
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I should add:

In the beginning before time-that-isn't-time there was light. The light was at the center of ALL. The light is/was ALL.

When the light decided to travel beyond its center, it grew the spirals as the way to reach out into every possible corner of the universe.

If one of the arms of a spiral, or any dots along the spiral (that would be us) dies, it gets absorbed back into the center of light/energy to be available for future creations. This is why religions rise and ebb. The light is always there, but it takes different forms. This is also why so many of the same Truths arise in various times and cultures -- they all emanate from the same center.

That is also how I understand reincarnation. The light that inhabits this physical form will return to the center, and eventually be born into another physical form. The light will still be me, though. "Soul" to me is that light.

[ September 03, 2005, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: meredithbead ]

#77852 - 09/04/05 08:51 AM Re: Many beliefs
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
What a great thread! I absolutely am happy that we are all able to chat about this. I have read the posts but want to sit and think about how I want to contribute.

I was raised Pentecostal, converted to Catholicism but since have learned other religions and found I prefer to take what works for me from them. I understand Buddhism and reincarnation and think they are valid. I also believe the Wiccan are just as valid in their beliefs. I believe we all make up a part of the whole.

Will make more comment later after I can put together my thoughts. Thanks so much for starting the link. You know I always tell people it does not matter how we get to our reward, just that we do.

Sandpiper

#77853 - 09/04/05 08:33 PM Re: Many beliefs
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
I believe in the union of three persons [God the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost] in one Godhead, or the threefold personality of the one Divine Being. I believe humans are body, soul and spirit; when we die, our spirits live forever with the Holy Spirit. I believe God is everywhere, all the time. And I pray A LOT!!!
"Portals of Prayer" is my daily mainstay. And Sunday, September 4, 2005 the reading is entitled: ASAP. I hadn't thought about it before but "As Soon As Possible" may also signal us to take a breather and "ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER!" Cool huh?
Ciao, brose [Razz]

#77854 - 09/05/05 03:24 AM Re: Many beliefs
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Bonnierose, I like that "ASAP". I love snappy little phrases that I can throw at myself throughout the day. Pattyann gave me "Harm None", which has already become a favourite mantra for me in the few short days since she shared it here. And now your "ASAP" will become another.

When my Dad died unexpectedly in 1999, I really foundered in my faith, a faith which had been profound, life-giving and life-long to that point. I was very angry and hurt that God hadn't "saved" my Dad like I'd seen him save so many other people's loved ones. It took me a long time to forgive Him, although in truth, the whole time I was raging at Him I guess I was admitting there was a Him to rate at, wasn't I!

Anyway, as painful as it was to go through that estrangement, it's that much more joyful to be back Home. Still, when faced with rough people and tough situations, prayer doesn't come as automatic as it used to. Your ASAP will change that! Thanks!!!

#166652 - 11/29/08 12:08 AM Re: Many beliefs [Re: Eagle Heart]
Linda Popiel Offline

Loc: Buffalo Western New York
I believe in one God who sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for us. I believe God is love. I know Jesus is Lord and he has such amazing grace and love for us we can not begin to understand how high and how long and how wide his love for us really is

#166833 - 12/02/08 01:47 PM Re: Many beliefs [Re: Linda Popiel]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Plus, I'm a vegetarian so I've had to forgo the baby eating. (Okay, bad joke I know.) END QUOTE

that may be 3 yrs old but it stands the test of time joke wise, lol

its a shame manie of those women arn't heer now as of 3 yrs ago, time and stuff change i guess but at lest we can get to read and ponder a good bit of wisome that incorpriates e veryone iea/belife of what or who god/goddess is

#166834 - 12/02/08 01:50 PM Re: Many beliefs [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
good you were reading linda and brought this up again!

just inntime to get everyone take on what is christmass about (if you celibrae it) and what returning sun/son ther is thats celibrated.

hoping someone will pick up and chatt about this time of year and religouse or no religouse based celibrasions.

#166836 - 12/02/08 02:20 PM Re: Many beliefs [Re: celtic_flame]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Celtic, I too really miss the voices of the women who participated in this thread many years ago. I really enjoyed hearing about the beliefs and customs of people of other faith systems. It enhances and enriches us to learn more about others and to celebrate what unites us...I have long cherished our ability to celebrate unity in diversity here at BWS. We've lost so many of those wise women...but I look forward to hearing from others who journey through these threads with us now. This season means different things to many people.

(Maya Angelou)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved