The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#166490 - 11/26/08 01:32 AM How I found Joy by Linda Popiel
Linda Popiel Offline

Loc: Buffalo Western New York
When I was growing up in Yorkshire England. My family went to church only on special occasions. As a teenager I was attracted to the glowing, joyful, faces of the people in the church, but I did not want to give up worldly things. I liked Led Zeppelin and motorcycles and having a good time at the pub almost every night. I thought the kids in the youth group at church were nerds. By 18 I was a regular in nightclubs and bars. After marrying at 23 and moving to Germany. I spent my time drinking and watching xxx movies,frequenting sex shops and going to nightclubs again. I was living a great life, and thought I was having fun. But deep inside a little voice kept telling me, "This isn't right" I knew there was something wrong in my life.

After returning to England I found myself back in church. People were raising their hands and clapping praising God. I asked myself. "What am I doing here?" I wanted to go out the door, but somehow I stayed. An overwhelming and amazing feeling of Joy came over me. I was ready to let Jesus have my whole heart and my whole life. From that moment on I was born again. I was so full of Joy that I couldn't stop smiling for 3 days. Even my dad noticed and said I wish I had what you have got. Now years later I still have that joy Jesus is a friend I can talk to, he is always there for me. and I have peace when I release my troubles to him. Jesus says Behold I stand at the door and knock if anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in and eat with him and he with me. (Rev 3 verse 20) I realize now that while I was living in a craziness of drinking, partying. God in his mercy was knocking on the door of my heart. When I opened the door to him he showed me real joy. The Lord is my strength and my song and has become my salvation. I thank God for his grace.

Edited by Linda Popiel (11/26/08 01:23 PM)

#167712 - 12/15/08 02:11 PM Re: How I found Joy by Linda Popiel [Re: Linda Popiel]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Groovy,
I love this witness: It is so "right-to-the-point"; there's NO fluff or sidestepping. It's straight and true. I imagine there are a lot of people out there in the world that could testify to similar situations and awareness. But I've met few with enough courage to speak up. I'm proud to know you! I feel blessed that The Lord sent you across my path!
Prayers and blessings,
jabber

#168909 - 12/25/08 09:40 PM Re: How I found Joy by Linda Popiel [Re: jabber]
Linda Popiel Offline

Thank you Jabber for your friendship God did indeed put us together peace groovy

#169005 - 12/26/08 08:12 PM Re: How I found Joy by Linda Popiel [Re: Linda Popiel]
JackieG Offline

Thank you Linda, for you wonderful testimony - I too have accepted the awesome gift of salvation and personal relationship with the the Lord Jesus, and the Lord has brought joy to my life - I am going through a rough patch in my life right now, but glory to God, Jesus is with me every step of the way helping me keep my sanity and blessing me all the way through...

#170149 - 01/06/09 01:43 AM Re: How I found Joy by Linda Popiel [Re: JackieG]
Linda Popiel Offline

Hi I shall be praying for you are things any better? Its great you have found Joy in Jesus may God keep blessing you in amazing ways in 2009

#170200 - 01/06/09 06:00 PM Re: How I found Joy by Linda Popiel [Re: Linda Popiel]
JackieG Offline

Hey Linda,

Thanks for your prayers, yes things are getting better in the sense that, you know how you hear spiritual truths all the time repeated but until someone says it in a certain way it may _ LOL- go over your head, well, I have always heard that you should give your life and troubles to God and I have always tryed to do that, but I was trying to do it by my own power and not letting the holy spirit work through me, but I have been reading this book called "A Message from God" by Retha and Aldo McPherson - and this book is really inspiring me and I feel like I have a fresh annointing of the holy spirit. This book is really showing me how to totally surrender my life to Christ, die to flesh, and awaken the spirit - I want Christ to work through me - like the bible says about the 10 brides with the lamps, I want to be the one of the brides that is waiting and ready for Christ's return...

#170201 - 01/06/09 06:05 PM Re: How I found Joy by Linda Popiel [Re: JackieG]
JackieG Offline

Also, wanted to say to you Linda, I hope 2009 brings all the things that will make you most happy...

#171894 - 01/19/09 01:18 PM Re: How I found Joy by Linda Popiel [Re: JackieG]
Linda Popiel Offline

thank you same to you

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved