The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#166077 - 11/20/08 10:44 PM A good friend..passed away suddenly
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
On Weds morning, she died..after having only been ill with what she thought was the flu..for a few hours. She was only 46 yrs old.

My good friend is gone..I can´t believe it. Yesterday..Weds evening I still felt her laughing close by..smiling at us who love her..who are so sad..and shocked..by the suddenness of her passing. This evening..thursday..I think she has moved on. Someone close to me told me that perhaps she was needed elsewhere..that perhaps she was in some pain here on earth. I think this could be true..so she has gone now.

I am listening to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica on JJ´s site..my friend loved this song. She always asked me to help pick the music when we had our outings or times together..because she said, laughing..you are with it..and you know what is going on wink. We were 3 friends..the 3rd is my dear friend that lost her husband only 1yr and half ago. I have written about her here..asking for your prayers and advice..

And now we are only 2..my friend always had something loving and kind and supportive to say to me..and everyone she came into contact with..a bit more deeply.

She loved a married man..that didn´t treat her so well..and this pained her very much these past years..so maybe you have been "set free" my dear friend...and given your wings back again.

I miss you so much..so very very much!!!! Listening to Love Hurts by Nazareth and also by Roy Orbison..if you are wondering..dear friend.

#166079 - 11/20/08 10:52 PM Re: A good friend..passed away suddenly [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Humlan, I remember very well how dearly you have spoken of your friend. She was much too young, and that was much too sudden. Humlan, you have had to carry too many burdens lately.
Maybe, as you said, her life wasn't giving to her what she needed anymore. Can you find comfort with other friends?
I'll be saying a prayer for you Humlan; a prayer to help you keep strong in these trying times.

#166085 - 11/20/08 11:30 PM Re: A good friend..passed away suddenly [Re: Edelweiss3]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Humlan, this is so tragic, I'm almost speechless. How fragile life is, how we draw breath one moment and are gone the next.

My condolences, my hugs, my heart.

Poet and essayist

#166087 - 11/20/08 11:46 PM Re: A good friend..passed away suddenly [Re: meredithbead]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh my dear. Your heart is broken and rightfully so. How tragic and how sad, and how confusing it all must be to you right now. I too remember you speaking of her with such joy. Your friends are so dear to you, and I just know you are to them as well. I'm so sorry to hear about this. May you find some peace in the memories of her sweetness.

I'm sending love, Georgia

#166088 - 11/21/08 12:05 AM Re: A good friend..passed away suddenly [Re: jawjaw]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Humlan, my heart breaks with and for you...I'm so sorry for your loss. Words just cannot seem adequate right now. All I can do is carry you in heart and prayer.

(Maya Angelou)

#166100 - 11/21/08 02:35 AM Re: A good friend..passed away suddenly [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Humlan, you have had your share of pain lately. I'm sorry to hear about the sudden tragic loss of your dear friend. L, PL

#166105 - 11/21/08 03:19 AM Re: A good friend..passed away suddenly [Re: Princess Lenora]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Humlan, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I were closer to give you a big enfolding hug.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#166117 - 11/21/08 09:00 AM Re: A good friend..passed away suddenly [Re: yonuh]
Mountain Ash Offline

Your love stretches into the other realm Humlan and she is just in "The Other Room"
Music will allow you to journey a bit with her.
so quickly and so unexpected.

#166151 - 11/21/08 07:28 PM Re: A good friend..passed away suddenly [Re: ]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thank you so much, dear friends..for stopping by here on this thread. I know that my friend is very pleased..being now known in the US and all,too.

I really appreciate your kind words and sympathy here. My friends who are near me here are kinda getting "used up" by all that is happening in my life right now..I mean, they have THEIR lives to contend with,too. Do you know what I mean??

I´ve got to remember to notice the bright side of things,too..since so much has happened lately that I may just start concentrating on the dark side. I had my blood pressure checked today..and it was OK!!!! Unbelievable and lovely,too. smile

Thank you again! smile

#166188 - 11/22/08 12:47 PM Re: A good friend..passed away suddenly [Re: humlan]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
humlan, I'm so sorry for your loss. This is so sad, especially on the heels of other sad events. May you feel God's love pouring over you and comforting you during this sad time.

When Mom died, a friend wrote a very brief message in her card.

"God comforts those who mourn."

It became my mantra. It was simple to remember and call upon. When I began to feel sad, I remembered her words and had confidence that God would comfort me. It redirected my thoughts often. It was extremely helpful. I pray it does the same for you dear humlan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved