The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 117 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#191442 - 10/09/09 05:58 PM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: DonnaJ]
LTWayfaringWords Offline

Loc: Missouri, recently moved from ...
Thanks to everyone for those good words of advice. I'm so pleased to hear from you. Well, here's my update: I decided to take my chances. I did everything I knew to do -- write tight, watch punctuation and sentence length, check for clarity, on and on and on. Then I submitted my manuscript, with prayers, to iUniverse for their editorial evaluation by a pro. This was not an edit, but an editorial evaluation. I was shocked at his/her reply--glowing remarks. They recommended that I work on a couple of places that I hadn't inserted a comma, and I had to re-work my use of ellipses (I just went back and deleted some, above!)and they recommended I change a couple of my chapter titles. The biggest surprise was that the manuscript could be designated "Editor's Choice" if I made the changes satisfactorily. "Editor's Choice" indicates that a manuscript has "the essential qualities of a professionally published book and meets higher quality standards than other self-published titles in the marketplace." There are other advantages,too, but I won't go into that. Anyway, they offered to make the changes for me for over $2,000, but once again (being on a strict budget) I decided to make the changes myself. I paid for a second professional editorial evaluation (at $249) but that would be my last opportunity to qualify for "Editor's Choice." I was pretty nervous about it when I hit the "send" button, and I prayed a lot during the 10 days or so that I waited for the answer. The consultant assigned to me had told me that she'd never had any of her "clients" qualify by himself/herself, so I wasn't sure what to expect. However, a couple of days ago I received their notice that I have indeed qualified for "Editor's Choice," and I'm pleased. "Grandma's Letters from Africa: Quaint I Ain't" will be released in January. Now I'm aiming at their next rung on the ladder, "Rising Star." That has to do with an energetic marketing plan. Again, ladies, many thanks for your help and advice. I look forward to chatting with you more in the future.

#191495 - 10/10/09 09:40 PM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: LTWayfaringWords]
Olgraymare Offline

Loc: southwestern Ohio
Congrats LTWW! And way to go! It must be so satisfying to have 'dared' as you did, and it worked out. No matter what else, ie, sales, reviews, and etc. on your book, you've been successful and all your hard work, research, emotional energy, etc. has combined to culminate in something significant - a published work.

All the best to you, as you embark on this path.

Author website: http://www.olgraymare.com
"Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am..."

#191512 - 10/11/09 04:25 PM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: Olgraymare]
LTWayfaringWords Offline

Thanks, Ol' Gray Mare! (What an adorable name!) I'm going to check out your web site. Have a great day!

Linda

#191514 - 10/11/09 05:26 PM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: LTWayfaringWords]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congratulations on all your successes thus far. You sound very conscientious so I'm sure your marketing plan will be glowing.

#191856 - 10/16/09 04:55 AM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: Dotsie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Congrats Linda! Best of luck with your book.

Poet and essayist

#191946 - 10/16/09 10:49 PM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Edelweiss, I sent you an email about Mythica Publishing, a publisher thats is in Europe and first class. I know Brian Porter personally and he is the real deal. A first class author himself as well...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#191955 - 10/17/09 07:13 AM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Yes, Chatty, I wrote to him right away. but never received an answer. That's okey. Times are tough.

Wishing you all the luck Linda! Some of us do make the breakthrough. Rooting for you!

#192002 - 10/17/09 10:04 PM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: Edelweiss3]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Try again Edelweiss, he is sooooo busy winning awards and speaking.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#195450 - 12/08/09 09:48 PM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: chatty lady]
LTWayfaringWords Offline

I just re-read all these posts and have to reply. Again, ladies, thanks for all the good advice and encouragement! I did get "Rising Star" designation! (Take a deep breath.) For the past couple of weeks I've been getting established on Facebook, setting up a FB Page for the book, and starting a blog. Whew! What a wild ride!

#198960 - 02/02/10 08:02 PM Re: A question for you published authors [Re: LTWayfaringWords]
Erica Miner Offline

Loc: Southern CA
It is indeed a wild ride, LT! There's so much out there in the way of social media and other types of promotion, which is wonderful, but very time consuming. Congrats to you for going the distance!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved