The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#184444 - 06/17/09 02:05 AM Re: New Uni Update [Re: orchid]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
your right orchid it is a good choise.

ew you wee saftie lol. it dose seem to get it all in thir, well the words of the song still afew bits left to do lol. thanks for the dedicasion and i try naggin p to get in and update, its good news wink

she reallie a luckie person in many respects, only if she see it that way half battle be won :-)

cheers again ew

#184524 - 06/18/09 01:28 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How fun to see and hear Judy. Boy does that take you back.

celtic, I'm anxious to hear the good news! Where's Po?

#184573 - 06/18/09 08:26 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Dotsie]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Thanks Celtic my dear sweet one. Today is the anniversary of my brain bleed which as you know, killed me a few times. On the day of the accident, Celtic and I had lunch together and I remember staring with great conviction that something big was going to happen in my life and it would be for the better. Celtic left to do another message and I recall her looking back at me with a look that said 'I love you'(I also have a photographic memory through all the years before we got together)

I remember way before the accident, myself and my girlfriend at the time went to visit Celtic, her partner of 8 yeas and their son. Celtic was not home from work yet so her partner bid us indoors to wait. I knew then that this visit wasn't previously arranged judging by the annoyance of Celtics then partner...she also didn't like my girlfriend at the time. I focused on playing with the child and left the other two to stare each other out!
When Celtic bounced through the door, she went straight to the wee fella to give him lots of loves...the tension became even stronger than before more. Celtic being Celtic brought the tension down with her banter and carry-on.
She then asked me if I wanted to go out for a smoke in the yard out back, I shyly mumbled in agreement and of we went. I recall the very moment I fell in love...she lit my fag for me, chatted in an attempt to make me feel at ease. I must confess that for two thirds of the conversation, I couldn't understand her accent. But stood there nodding and smiling like an ejeet.
Home time encroached and Celtic offered to drive us home. During the short drive, I was to be caught looking at Celtic in the mirrow..I blushed and said very little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJwVyotrMk

When me and my ex walked through my door...I ran to my bedroom and (cried hard, when my ex asked me why all the tears. I lied and she accepted the lies. The reason why I was so distraught was that, 'that' other woman had my life, I should have been the one that Celtic came home to. Nothing could console me. From that day onwards, there would hardly be a day about the thief of my life...I could recall an emptiness in Celtics eyes and all I wanted to do was wrap her in a blanket, tuck her up in bed and fill her with as much love and comfort as I could manage
After about a year that chat, I found myself still smarting because I thought I had missed whatever window of opportunity and I would never get another chance.

After my hysterectomy, I had some comfort from friends who took me to there homes and pampered the life of me. The Girlfriend at the time was in Spain(supposedly with her Mom to sort things out)with another woman who she had been seeing behind my back. Once this information was departed to me, it appeared that everyone came forward to tell me what a fool I had been. And some more things to boot.

After the operation, I went to ground. One little lass would call on me to see if I needed anything. She also asked if she could bring a friend with her on the next visit and I had no problems with that. The day Celtic arrived at my door…I marvelled about how big and strong she was. After a little while we were dating and, this was all about providing comfort.

About three to four months into our romance(one of the extraordinary of my life) as I mentioned, were Celt left to do some errands. I wanted to order some food and by the time a waitress came, I couldn’t speak, wrote down an apology and left. Apparently I was being watched by two door men, who had witnessed me being coherent…I don’t remember falling, died three times on the road, once in the ambulance and once in theatre.

I recall with tiredness, that I was indeed letting go. I wasn’t afraid…something caught my eye in a darkened corrihanks Celtic my dear sweet one. Today is the anniversary of my brain bleed which as you know, killed me a few times. On the day of the accident, Celtic and I had lunch together and I remember stating with great conviction that something big was going to happen in my life and it would be for the better. Celtic left to do another message and I recall her looking back at me with a look that said 'I love you'(I also have a photographic memory through all the years before we got together)

I remember before the accident, myself and my girlfriend at the time went to visit Celtic, her partner of 8 yeas and their son. Celtic was not home from work yet so her partner bid us indoors to wait. I knew then that this visit wasn't previously arranged judging by the annoyance of Celtics then partner...she also didn't like my girlfriend at the time. I focused on playing with the child and left the other two to stare each other out!
When Celtic bounced through the door, she went straight to the wee fella to give him lots of loves...the tension became even stronger than before more. Celtic being Celtic brought the tension down with her banter and carry-on.
She then asked me if I wanted to go out for a smoke in the yard out back, I shyly mumbled in agreement and of we went. I recall the very moment I fell in love...she lit my fag for me, chatted in an attempt to make me feel at ease. I must confess that for two thirds of the conversation, I couldn't understand her accent. But stood there nodding and smiling like an emit.
Home time encroached and Celtic offered to drive us home. During the short drive, I was to be caught looking at Celtic in the mirrow..I blushed and said very little.

When me and my ex walked through my door...I ran to my bedroom and cried hard, when my ex asked me why all the tears. I lied and she accepted the lies. The reason why I was so distraught was that, 'that' other woman had my life, I should have been the one that Celtic came home to. Nothing could console me. From that day onwards, there would hardly be a day about the thief of my life...I could recall an emptiness in Celtics eyes and all I wanted to do was wrap her in a blanket door, this something turned out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQw7YZwnjK8

to be Celtic in a bright orange blouse. I knew then that I must not die…that there was something yet that I had to fulfil and I started to claw my way back. Celtic never left my bedside. I could only recognise her and not my immediate family for a few weeks. I believed it was 1986 and that they were keeping my baby from me. Bit by bit, I slowly recovered…I believe with out a shadow of a doubt, that if Celtic had not been present, I surly would have chosen to die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpVM_az0Zjw

Each night before I lay down to rest, I implored with Jesus for you Celtic to stay a little younger and innocent to be safe.
I have many horror stories…but what has changed the most is to hand ones will and life over to the boss and in doing so, with the care of Celtic. Just as I am crying and praying for change.

It’s true that we all have let our tempers go to rage in seconds…but even at the worst times, you were funny.

So, all things considered, it changed how I looked at the world, my life, almost everything. I was desperate need to step back from this trauma,
And most of the timers it Celtic who talks me round(my bi-polar is playing havoc at the moment…the peaks and troughs are pretty scary and don’t require anything to set off an episode),
In BWS land, I know that sometimes stuff has been said by myself…about all in all the support and love I have in my life, yet I doubt it. Granted, it has not been so bad . My life has been charmed..and has given me a lot to give

For Michelle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22kPiPILteQ
No matter what we have been through together. We now have the abilitiy to turn dreams into something tangent. Offering light to an otherwise dull existence. Michelle you owe me nothing, but I treasure you for keeping me alive.
Tu Aman Chara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22kPiPILteQ

''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#184594 - 06/18/09 11:28 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Poppie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Wow, if this isn't a testimony of love,...then I don't know what is. Poppie, Celtic is your own personal angel who has helped keep you here on this earth with us all. Thank God for that.

LOVED Nina Simone singing 'Feeling Good.'. I'm grooving to it right now.

#184602 - 06/19/09 02:52 AM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Edelweiss3]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
EW, what a great choice of song and artist. What a beautiful rendition of turn, turn, turn.

#184604 - 06/19/09 03:05 AM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Princess Lenora]

Wow, what P wrote is a love letter. That is a very tender love story, and powerful in terms of bringing P back to life, back to the living, on to her true self. Thanks for sharing here in public! Love and Light to both of you, (and the wee one) Lynn

#184619 - 06/19/09 02:07 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Princess Lenora]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I am glad that the two of you are working life out. Love to both of you.
Ann (Mom)

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#184637 - 06/19/09 05:56 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Thanks ladies...I have just re-read what I had written above..and my 'cut and paste' is messed up...I think ya'll got the jist of ot mind...oops, sorry!
I also recal that in my time of recovery, Celtic very sweetly brought me my teddy 'spike'(named after spike Millligan my favourite comedian). I was delighted..but then the nurses and some of my family and freinds were teasing me relentlessly about him, so I chucked him at the bottom of my bed.
When I thought no-one was looking...I sneaked him back under my covers.
The nurses came back and asked that I should be allowed some rest, so everyone filed out saying their goodbyes. When Celtic got to the other side of my window...I pulled my blankets down just enough so that she could see spike..she describes this moment as if she werelooking like a mischeif five year old Po. We still laugh about that and a few more happenings.

Oh aye, the good news Celt was referring to is that I have been accepted by another Art Academy, where I will get the skills I crave and hoped I would have been taught at 'the cass'...thay are pretty keen because of my history and again, 'Marconis' Cottage' pulled it out of the bag for me. I hope to start in Sept

Will be producing a heck of a lot more work at The Chelsea nad Kensington Art Academy(very posh indeed!!!)

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#184638 - 06/19/09 06:02 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Poppie]
Poppie Offline

Love you too Mom.xx Lynn, yup..it is a very personal thing to be posting about...but it was the work of the angel around me who might be a little more reserved, whereas I wear my heart on my sleave.

Big Loves

#184698 - 06/20/09 12:50 AM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Poppie]

Poppie, it sounds like you have dealt with what happened at the U, and you are ready and able to move on. You seem OK with everything. And, there's nothing better than hearing about love!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved