The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#167298 - 12/09/08 04:42 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Poppie, you sound like such an aritst. All your terminolgy is most impressive. Thanks so much for sahring your story and your photos. Uni has been so good for you at this stage in life, it's nice to be tickled and jazzed about something. Just love it. I look forward to seeing your tree all decorated!

#167311 - 12/09/08 05:37 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Dotsie]
Edelweiss3 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
Wow, great to see you at your work Poppie! Looks like a modern workshop. Oh bliss. the thought of just being creative all day sounds heavenly to me. Hope we get to see the end result. Don't forget to post it, Chara!

#167401 - 12/11/08 12:48 AM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Edelweiss3]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Discovering subtleties
Of rare explicit crudity..
Yet, exquisite reward in kind.
Joy indeed overlaps all
-uplifting, unpeeling stratums
of wintery weary days
lending to separate light inside,
knowing no boundaries.
I shut my eyes in order to perceive
.....reaching, seeing.

Hey Ho, new update on 'tree of life' missive

Having just completed stage one today and I have to acknowledge that I am well pleased with the whole organic flow to this piece.

Stage two is to replicate the first stage as a root system reflecting what lies above. Now, a new and advanced evolution in that I will use two clear thick piece of Perspex where I will split the two forms. In between the Perspex, I will collage with leaves, (both real and constructed); photo's and found papers with some sketching too.

Both branches and root systems will be adorned accordingly and once I have finished 'drawing with wire', I will add pieces that will inform the observer of my particular story
From the outset of primary drawings, my personal engagement with the work involved has been imbrued with a soft but grounded spirituality and at times I have been completely unaware of all other goings on around me as I become more and more connected...one of the most central points for me as the artisan I am evolving toward.

My pictures speak for themselves as they denote my sheer bonded delight at the mastery of new skills along with my expressive imagination. To some observers, I suspect that my unashamedly abstract approach will confound, confuse and cause conflict as to the pieces’ contextual home...each to their own...eh?

I should have this piece finished by Friday, but here are a few other pics to illustrate the flotsam and jetsam change and/or flow. In this case, form does not follow function, which is important to any designer/creator who has a drive for individual and not derivative.

Poppie

''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#167415 - 12/11/08 01:39 AM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Poppie]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Wow Poppie this is impressive. You're very good. Looks like you are thoroughly enjoying yourself at Uni. I do hope you'll post the finished piece. Beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.
www.tidedancer.com

#167426 - 12/11/08 08:40 AM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Sandpiper]
Mountain Ash Offline

I see the tree as symbolic.A canvas. Being bare it has such potential.Think of the little delicate pieces that could have temporary stay..Spring...all the greens..amber citrine then catkins even of textile..all small in proportion,
Then after Summer'S Flourish the coppers of Autumn.Knitting with wire weavingdoll's house size.
.Have another make a wooden (has to be wood)for storing the trees
energy and source..

Think as I write I see WOMAN.
well done.
Mountain ash

#168068 - 12/18/08 03:43 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Mountain Ash]
Poppie Offline

Oh,oh...just had a new idea, the two perspex peices will be abuot 40cm's apart...riveted with copper tubing. Instaed of making a mini replica of the tree for it's roots....I think I could be a little bit more imaginative. Right, one tree as above, roots to come...but what if I were to use old wire cables(you see the all the time when peeps dump their old pc's!)cables with 'jacks' on the end...so that I can use a white styrofoam head...and plug them all in??? I am thinking marix(ish) the head would be between the two suitably adorned persex peices?

Does anyone realy get this?? Like realy?lol

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#168080 - 12/18/08 06:40 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Poppie]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
A bit. LOL!!! Is that the workshop where all the background hammering came from when I called you once?

#168083 - 12/18/08 06:58 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You lost me on the last post, but it all seems very creative. Keep up the great work.

#168087 - 12/18/08 07:42 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Poppie, I find all of this wildly exciting and dumbfounding, all in the same breath. While I don't understand the "lingo" as Dotsie says, or terminology, or even the methods, I do understand your desire for this craft and one would have to be blind to not be able to see your creativity!

So join you in your joy? Absolutely! I can't wait until the next installment!

Big hugs,

#168312 - 12/20/08 03:20 PM Re: New Uni Update [Re: jawjaw]
Poppie Offline

R.O.M.C....my lovely freinds....I so laughed at your responses, sorry,(hands up)I sometimes do get overly excited about my evolving ideas..and expect that everyone else will understand!! Its a piece that needs to be seen..eh? I will try not to be so verbose...but will keep on posting too. Yes Lola, that is the infamous workshop indeed. Come and see?(gauntlet crashing at Lolas' toes)

Poppie

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved