The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#164278 - 11/01/08 11:59 AM Trick or treating as a child?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Last night, when my daughter came in with the little ones from trick or treating, my great-nephew (aged 4) dumped his bag and stared counting. It brought back fond memories of landing home after hours of running through the neighborhood gathering as much candy as possible. And back then, most people only gave one piece. Now these kids take handfuls and aks how much they can take.

As kids we'd empty our bags and sort by types of candy, then we'd trade with friends and siblings, and hoard the grocery bags of sweets in our rooms. Did you count, sort and trade?

#164292 - 11/01/08 03:29 PM Re: Trick or treating as a child? [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Dotsie, I'm laughing as I read this. My son - -age 17! - - and a couple of his friends went out trick-or-treating last night. They STILL do the exact same thing.

They got home, dumped their bags on the bed, and started trading. I scored a couple of Almond Joy Minis because none of them like coconut!

#164310 - 11/01/08 09:25 PM Re: Trick or treating as a child? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Did anyone notice that this was one of the first Halloween nights in years when the kids didn't have to wear RAIN gear? Talking to my mom yesterday she reminded me that since we were smaill children it either drizzled, or rained on us all on Halloween. The weather was kind to all the children this year.

Since no children come to the homes in this resort, gates are kept locked, I took several big bags of assorted candies to "Safe Nest" a place for abused women and their kids. I also brought face paint, and the kids loved having their faces painted. I just figured if those kids can't get out to trick or treat, I would go to them. It was such a lot of fun...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#164314 - 11/01/08 09:48 PM Re: Trick or treating as a child? [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, I would have welcomed rain. We had to wear a snow suit under our costumes.
What a nice idea to spend time with these children.

#164316 - 11/01/08 09:50 PM Re: Trick or treating as a child? [Re: chatty lady]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Post deleted by chickadee.

#164362 - 11/02/08 06:41 PM Re: Trick or treating as a child? [Re: chickadee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chick, what's the temp where you live? The older I get, the less I like the cold. Poor things!

chatty, what a great way to spread cheer. How big is the shelter? We have a woman's shelter in the city that our chruch was once involved with. Families would take dinner and cook it in their big ktichen, then serve and play with the kids. I was always taken by how loving and affectionate the kids were. They would literally hang on our legs.

#164363 - 11/02/08 06:43 PM Re: Trick or treating as a child? [Re: Dotsie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DD, you could have scored all my Almond Joys as a kid because I didn't like coconut either. Just wondering, did you eat them on the way home from the gym yesterday? Ah, that was rotten! Sorry.

#164367 - 11/02/08 07:50 PM Re: Trick or treating as a child? [Re: Dotsie]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Are you kidding? You really think they would last that long? I ate two of them Friday night, and the other two on Saturday. Yum!

No gym for me this weekend, but plan to be back at it tomorrow. I think I'll try that slow-mo weight lifting.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved